Blog on new Blizz Store helms

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Blog on new Blizz Store helms

Unread post by Wain »

I just wanted to provide a link here to a blog piece written by Perculia from Wowhead.

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/201 ... ggestions/

She's a big transmog enthusiast and provides some images of complementary gear combos. But most interesting is her analysis of the reason Blizzard chose those pieces. It may suggest what we're likely to see next.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Blog on new Blizz Store helms

Unread post by Makoes »

An interesting article.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I agree. I think there are very few attractive helms in game, and I generally turn helm display off for my characters. The exceptions generally being crowns and the like that don't hide the face and hair.

I think the price for these is pretty steep for most; getting all three for $15 would have been more reasonable. That's a month's subscription payment.

Anyone going to buy one of these? I think I *might* go for the flaming horns, they'd suit one character a lot, but otherwise not sure.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Morven wrote:Anyone going to buy one of these? I think I *might* go for the flaming horns, they'd suit one character a lot, but otherwise not sure.
As nice as the Jewel of the Firelord would look on my fire colored mail and plate sets, or as good as the Crown of Eternal Winter would go with my DK's magma plated armor or my Glacial cloth set, I just can't see myself forking out $15 per for them. If they were $15 for all 3, or each helm came with its own corresponding set of armor, I might reconsider. Part of it has to do with the idea of forking out real life money for virtual goods (I have yet to spend money in Blizzard's pet store), the rest of it has to do with the abuse and other crap coming from the "brat" segment of the player population. Just not worth it in my opinion right now.