Priest Transmog Help

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Priest Transmog Help

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Hey guys! I need some help transmogging for my lovely, lovely priest (who will likely become my main once I inch her up to 90). Here's my lovely lady.

My main problem is that I'm... Well, I'm lazy. I don't have the time or energy required to find good transmogs, especially with school as busy as it is, and I've never actually finished a whole mog before. I've made attempts, but it's usually just whatever I can find on the AH thrown together in something that looks somewhat decent.

I'd really appreciate a hand. ;;;;

The thing with Gilly is that she's one of my only RP characters, so I want her transmog to be perfect! But I'm not good at transmogs, especially not for someone who used to be from a really rich, really prestigious family back when she was a high elf. Especially not when she almost became a wretched (she got close enough that it's actually really hard to tell if she turned or not, but there's in-lore accounts of elves turning back with help, so I'm not too miffed on deciding exactly which), turned away from the light, and lived as a slowly dying shadow priest for a few years.

I know she'd probably have something super elaborate, but I honestly can't find anything I like.

She's only level 56 at the moment, but she'll be making her way to level 90 soon enough (probably over winter break, as I'll have lots of time then and so will my RP partner), so I guess things of any level will work? I'm super fond of robes, and I've been collecting all the ones I think look nice in my bank, haha.

She usually rides a Swift White Hawkstrider (her husband rides a Swift Warstrider), but I'm not sure that's relevant. Ideally, I want to have two mogs (one for shadow spec, one for holy), but that's a lot to ask. ;;;;

I'm sorry for being a buttmuncher who sucks at 'mogs. If you guys could give me a hand, I'd really love it. <3

For the record, this is her husband. He used to be an arcane mage, but (for fairly obvious reasons) doesn't do that anymore.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Priest Transmog Help

Unread post by Lisaara »

If you got the white hawkstrider, I recommend the T5 - Avatar Regalia :3 I have that on my draenei with the priest staff from BT. It's gorgeous and that tier is what inspired the creation of Auriel, the Archangel of Hope.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, I do kind of like that one! I just figured out how MogIt works (about two years late to the party....), so what do you think of this? It's on the wrong character, obviously, but...

I think it'll work well with her actual hair colour? Mostly I'm fond of the robe uvu
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hm....Doesnt strike me as priesty but it's still pretty.

And it's okay. I explain how mogit works all the time.

LisaaraPokefarm

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, it's certainly not very priestly... I feel like I'm going to end up with a bunch of mogs for her, haha.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Haha. It's okay! I got a ton of mogs myself. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I don't think it would be that bad for your shadow spec.
That's one good thing with shadow, that the colours of your set doesn't matter that much when you are in shadow form. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That's true! (Tho I do have the glyph to make it less dark.) My one thing is trying to reconcile """belf""" fashion with priest fashion. The two don't lend to each other well...
• Aela's Pet Journal

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I really like the robes that have that built in necklace from Pandaria content. Seems fitting if she's from a "really rich, really prestigious family." Here's a sample: http://www.wowhead.com/item=89673#same-model-as

I also think the Mooncloth robe is really pretty, and perhaps more priestly: http://www.wowhead.com/item=18486
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Amusingly (and ironically), two of the robes in the first set you linked are called "amaranthine"! Her actual story is called Amarantos ;;;;

I'll definitely need to build something around one of those, as they're absolutely lovely! The mooncloth robe is really nice, too!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm with Junrei, my fav priest set is the Avatar one :) I'm going to collect that when Nadeshiko my priest is 90.

I also like the ones after that with the faces on the shoulders? Forget what its called but my fiance has it on his worgen shadow priest and it looks quite awesome with his Anthema (sp? - the dark version of Benediction anyway). His toon is Lucillyn on Aman'Thul if you'd like to see :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, I'll have to go look! There are a lot of cool cloth robes; I'm going to need a good ten or so mogs to be satisfied!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

The dark version of the Avatar set is the Absolution set; my favourite priest set. ^^

There is a somewhat similar pvp set; the Vengeful Gladiator. It wouldn't be as difficult to put it together.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, that's lovely as well!

The fun thing about this is that I can also look at things for my RP partner (she plays a male belf warlock). A lot of the things you guys have suggested would work well for both of them!
• Aela's Pet Journal

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

This is all pretty standard priest garb but here is my priests shadow/disc xmog.
the white set is just the dress/shoulders from...t2? It drops from BWL. part of it maaayyy be in MC but I got it years ago so i'm not sure.

the shadow set is just a mix and match of some standard lvl 70 pvp sets that were sold in netherstorm last I checked. (may have been moved to the main city.) even if you don't like pvp they should be cheap enough to make the grind somewhat painless. here is her profile for a close-up of the shadow set.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ose/simple
I would give you a close up of the white set but I have been gone form wow for a few months now. ;P

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, those are all lovely!
• Aela's Pet Journal