Restrung Voodoo Bow HELP!

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Restrung Voodoo Bow HELP!

Unread post by Toothy »

So does anyone have any tips at all for getting this bow? I have farmed tons of Zandalari trolls on isle of thunder in Za'tual for 4hours and no bow. Then I farmed tons of skyscreamers and some of the other dinosaurs for another 7 hours and still no bow. Now I have started killing tons of dinomancers around the isle for about 2 hours but still nothing. I cannot find anything about this bow on any website. All I kind find is percentage drops, some of which vary from site to site. On wowwiki it said there is a 0.08% chance for skyscreamers to drop the bow but another website wowdb said that skyscreamers have a 0.01% drop rate. The bow is not on the auction house either so no luck in buying it. I really want this bow but this is taking way too much time! I have tried farming for this bow for short periods of time, between 1 and 3 hours, as well over the course of a week, but decided to really go at it today.

I got the bow! bought it off ah
Last edited by Toothy on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Restrung Voodoo Bow HELP!

Unread post by Castile »

i had a few of these on a toon somewhere - can you let us know what realm/faction you are? Then we can better help you :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

I am horde on the server Uther, which is also connected to Runetotem.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Toothy wrote:I am horde on the server Uther, which is also connected to Runetotem.
Ah sorry I'm on oceanic :( But I got them in ZG I think mount farming - that might be worth a go!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

the bow doesn't drop in any dungeons, it was taken out of the game I believe and then restored in the isle of thunder patch along with a bunch of other items. It has a really low drop rate and only drops from mobs on isle of thunder, isle of giants, and throne of thunder raid. Still have had no luck from farming the bow on isle of thunder trolls. :(
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I had one drop for my alt and I very nearly vendored it - glad I checked the graphic before I made that mistake! Since it matched my transmog I kept it.

Trying to remember what mobs I was killing at the time. Pretty sure it was just a random troll that got in my way, since this particular toon hasn't really done more on IoT than unlock the portal and a few Nalak groups. Good luck to you and hope you get yours soon!
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I got lucky on my drop gave it to a friend and then found one the AH early morning for like 200g kept the second one.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

Lucky, I keep checking the AH but still nothing.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

well I got luck and found the restrung voodoo bow being sold on the ah for 200g. This was after the prepatch so the horde and alliance ah were combined. I am so glad to finally have it! :)