Need Help with a Prophet of the Void look

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Need Help with a Prophet of the Void look

Unread post by Equeon »

So I am in the process of leveling a Shadow Priest named Malzahar, inspired by Malzahar from the game League of Legends. (And by inspired by, I mean as close to a carbon copy of as possible.)

In that game, he's known as the Prophet of the Void. The Void is sort of a combination of WoW's Void + the Old Gods. It's a shadowy dimension full of reality-warping magic and Lovecraftian horrors, constantly seeking to encroach into this world and overtake it. You can read Malzahar's backstory for yourself if you're interested, but basically he is a corrupted seer and preaches that the Void's invasion is inevitable. He leads a powerful cult and seeks out every opportunity to usher in the Void's assimilation of the world.

His abilities in the game include implanting horrific visions into his enemies' minds which spread like a plague, and summoning small Void minions. I figured both gameplay and lore-wise, a Shadow Priest would fit perfectly. I can levitate around, searing people's minds and making them go insane, while summoning Mindbenders and Void tentacles. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect.

So naturally, I wanted to create a fitting transmog for him. Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck. To start, I used reference pictures and figured out three "main design" features, in order of importance.

Here are the references I used.

In-Game Art
Fan Art
In-Game Appearance (Before minor visual "smoothing", and after)

And what I considered the three most important aspects of his look:

1. Purple/Magenta Robes
2. Hood/Mask Combo
3. Glowing symbols

The most perfect option, a purple/magenta hood and mask, is not available except in a dark blue. Since I'm designing the whole set around the headpiece, I have to go with the next best looks. But now I can't decide which is the best!

Image Image Image
Image Image

What are your favorites, both as standalone sets and when compared to the references? For example, I don't mind having shoulder armor where the original doesn't, if it makes the whole look better overall.

Are there any other items that would look good with this character? There are a few items that could be mixed and matched between those different designs, too.

Please help me decide!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Need Help with a Prophet of the Void look

Unread post by Makoes »

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Need Help with a Prophet of the Void look

Unread post by Equeon »

Makoes wrote:I took a look through Icy-vein's mog lists and found these items that looked like they might work.
Great, thanks so much for your help! I had tried a lot of those before and still had some saved as good alternate choices, so you picked very well :D
One of those pants and shoulders I had not seen before, and they work perfectly.

Which of the original sets did you like best?

Here's what I have right now:

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room#Mz ... s808V2487M

OR

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room#Mz ... s808V2487M

OR a combination of the two.