Help needed: Tauren Warrior

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Help needed: Tauren Warrior

Unread post by Karathyriel »

My 100th post! Image

I've rolled a Tauren Warrior for a role play project.
Up until now, I had no problem since I'm using heirlooms for leveling and under lvl 40 we're talking about mail, not plate.

But now, I almost reached lvl 40 and I start worrying about getting some items that would make a great transmog set for my "horny" guy. ;)

The problem is, I can't seem to find items that would fit my needs and look good on a Tauren.
Since I like a more natural look, I don't want any items that emit sparks, light, fumes or other strange things. I want the items to look like you could actually make them.
As a Tauren, he also should look a bit "tribal". I mean more like leather than steel. More like native american than an actual knight in armor.
Oh, and my Warriors is gonna use a spear!

I have already done this once to my first ever toon. But I don't wanna copy the set, I want something different.
This is my first toon in his mogged gear:

I've no idea on how to accomplish what I'm looking for.
So, if you please, could you help me out?
I'd really appreciate it.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Help needed: Tauren Warrior

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not sure if there was a particular colour scheme you had in mind so I stuck with mostly tan/earthy tones. If that makes it too similar to your other tauren's transmog I apologize. I focused more on pieces that had some fur or otherwise looked as close to leather or material as possible considering the plate section is fairly metal intensive. I chose to use the Thunder Bluff Tabard since the plate chest pieces are all rather...platey, and it gives a nice finished look, meaning you could use whatever chest piece you wanted underneath. Shoulders could be optional too in Legion, giving him even more of a naturalistic appearance. Also I'm not sure if you already had a spear picked out, but I just liked this weapon, it had a very arrowhead look that I felt fit well with a Native American theme. Anyways, maybe it'll give you some ideas at the least.

Cragplate Shoulders
Thunder Bluff Tabard
Khan'aish Gloves
Khan'aish Girdle
Leggings of Fractured Reflection
Core Forged Greaves
Hozen Warrior Spear

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Help needed: Tauren Warrior

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Hm, that's not to bad, maybe I can work from there... Gonna take that set to MogIt and see what I can come up with.
Thanks.

I'd prefer if they made the display of gloves a choice rather than shoulders as there are mostly only very crapy items, looking extremely bulky especially on a Tauren.
Also, I'd rather see the wristband look of the common fantasy hero made possible.

I think the chestpieces are what threw me off anytime I tried to get a set together.
And since I'm not really a fan of tabbards, the idea of covering up the chestpiece never came to me, to be honest.

Anyone else with some ideas? :D