Felguard weapons

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Felguard weapons

Unread post by Xota »

Felguard weapons aren't quite transmogs, but they're very similar. There's slim pickings for felguardable weapons new in legion, but I managed to get these today:
ImageImage

They're from the Paladin Order Hall in the basement of Light's Hope Chapel. The guards really don't like warlocks showing up in the basement, and stun you as soon as they see you and port you out a few seconds later. The secret is to die outside the Order Hall and rez directly next to the vendor, which is only possible (TTBOMK) with the Paladin Hall. The Hunter Hall vendor is too far from the boundaries for this trick. I know of no other halls that are both reachable, and have 2h maces, axes, or polearms for sale.
Attachments
felguard-pallymace.png
felguard-pallymace.png (205.72 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
felguard-pallysword.png
felguard-pallysword.png (346.07 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Felguard weapons

Unread post by Xota »

If you make it into the death knight class hall, after a few seconds you get rooted, then a Gryphon skeleton drags you back to Dalaran. With some practice with the aim, it is probably possible to reach the vendor.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You might be able to reach the hunter vendor when flying gets added. Just die on the roof of the lodge and res inside. :)

Really nifty trick! Thanks for sharing!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

corpses get ported out of the hunter hall. I tried dying on the outside of the building just on the other side of the vendor. The other hall that is reachable, probably, is the deathknight hall. The vendor is close to the "door". And I made it the door without dying, but on my hunter, not my warlock. With just a slightly better angle (left to right), I think it's doable. The hard part would be getting Falling Flame on a warlock before flight is added. Because once flight is added, where's the fun in sneaking into a floating citadel?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

DK order hall weapon acquired. All that's left is hunters'. I have an idea, but it depends on how booting corpses works in 7.1.5.

edit:
I didn't need to do a corpse trick after all.
Attachments
broadaxe of the ebon blade.png
broadaxe of the ebon blade.png (223.24 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
Huntmasters Halberd.png
Huntmasters Halberd.png (312.84 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm completely clueless as to what's going on here (you can give your felguards different weapons?), but it's really cool, whatever it is. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

With Glyph of Felguard, a demo lock's felguard will have a random 2h weapon (mace, polearm, ax, or sword) from one of their bags (not the bank). The weapon doesn't need to be transmogrifiable. But since it doesn't use the transmog system, it does need to be lootable by warlocks.