Here comes the 7.3 sets

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Here comes the 7.3 sets

Unread post by Inay »

Can't take the Priest ones, game crash when I try to connect her, but I think I have everything else?

[Edit] Welp, WoWhead was faster. http://www.wowhead.com/news=266665/tier ... odelviewer

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Here comes the 7.3 sets

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Hmmm, well looks like we got "Naga Stalker".

I wonder if this means there are Naga on Argus/somehow connected to the raid, or if they are just grasping at "stalker" straws.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Wow! I'm actually really diggin the hunter set this time around. Looking forward to seeing the pvp colour variants.

My favourite has to be the troll one though. Then druid and demon hunter.

Overall, not bad.

Edit: oh shit the rogue one is so great...

Ahh
funk#1402

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I like the hunter one. Especially since it doesn't scream 'I killed a naga and stuck it on my head' like so many of the sets do (except for mythic which I won't get, so no worries there). It's interesting yet classy like the Nighthold set.

I honestly really dislike the rogue set. I know what they were going for but in comparison to everyone else it's boring as shiznit, and harkens back to vanilla when everyone's armor was just 'painted on spandex' as opposed to now when armor pieces have depth and texture. It's also a gratuitous hair-eater. I know all helms 'eat hair' but on this it's something where it looks like you should see it and yet mysteriously your toon gets a buzz cut just to wear the hat.... and the hat isn't big enough.

I like most of the other sets though.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I like the Mythic druid set, Heroic Paladin and... that's pretty much it.

Not interested in Hunter set as I prefer not to wear bits and pieces of sentient races x)
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Meh....the mythic and hero Pallys seem to the the only ones that look interesting to me...the rest...so-so...

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I wish they'd go back to using vibrant colours again. More and more recent sets just tend to look muddy and washed out to me. They all end up with this dark, dull brownish tone to them overall, and I think that's mostly because Blizzard seems afraid to use any sort of contrast for some reason. You'll never see an actual black for dark areas of armor anymore, at best they do a sort of grey, or grey-ish brown, and it's giving all of the sets that flat look, in my opinion. :/

That being said, I really like the rogue set. I think it's very unique and I love the Bloodborne/pirate/bard sort of vibe it has. I'm also really liking the look of the purple monk set. Mage and demon hunter look pretty nice. Hunter is once again a disappointment for me. The naga helm on mythic is pretty cool, but I don't like the colour scheme at all (or on any of them). Bleh.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I think I like the rogue set largely because* it doesn't have extra stuff on it - my rogue is a male worgen and I don't like most of the newer sets on them due to stuff warping. However, I can see myself using that rogue set on him sans the shoulders, so I'm p hype.

* not that I don't like the new textures and shapes of gear!
Vephriel wrote:Hunter is once again a disappointment for me. The naga helm on mythic is pretty cool, but I don't like the colour scheme at all (or on any of them). Bleh.
This is why I'm looking forward to the pvp tints - they probably wont be bright, but they may be more interesting. Maybe.

The naga-hunter set is definitely one they could have gone wild with colour on though. Idk why they didn't.
funk#1402

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like how it's just a male naga head. :lol:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

LOVE that druid set- though I don't know if anything can beat the current mythic Tier for druids in terms of my personal aesthetic, I adore the bear look and I look forward to getting the LFR version on my druid.

Rogue is IDEAL and I NEED to get the hat. Oh my god, give me more of this pirate/Bloodborne look, WoW, I'll drink it up.

Hunter is... well, I really like the hat on the mythic one, but I'm Thoroughly Uncertain on the rest. :/ The colors on all but mythic are very washed out to my eyes- but hopefully they'll be brighter in game. That said, I do like the potential displayed in having a helm with pieces that extend down so far from the head, in this case the tentacles. I love where Blizzard is going with the more adventurous armor models, and hope to see more of it!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I like the death knight, druid and priest sets, and the rogue is really cool too, even though it won't suit mine. All the rest of the sets are just...boring. None of them are ugly, just very plain and they don't really stand out.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

So the Hunter set has pretty much confirmed that we'll never have Playable Naga.
I personally never wanted to play as a Naga, but I know many have.

Siggy under construction!

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

rogue set does have texture, but still looks ok on worgen, yay! (altho the boots are funky as usual)

Attachments
rogue.png
rogue.png (250.14 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
rogue2.png
rogue2.png (238.26 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
funk#1402

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

That green is killing my eyes, and why can't aren't they remaking Demonstalker? Why'd they have to make a Naga stalker set when we are fighting demons? :| :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm really quite happy with my shammy one. I don't hate the hunter one but it doesn't stand out to me, and like others I'm wondering if there's going to be a reason for the theme or if it's just another random stalker design - maybe they designed it for Tomb of Sargeras but didn't complete it in time? But maybe there is a link.

I really love the concept of the rogue one... but to me the shoulders are an odd choice. I know they've tried to use the gloves to blend them in more but they still look mismatched to me - enormous, protruding chunks of metal on a theme that is otherwise more like leather/cloth/Robin Hood.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Hokay. Now that the set is -finished-.... the hat no longer looks too small and the clothes no longer painted on, I like the rogue set a LOT.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Damn, I want that belt for my huntress :D

Rogues' set is looking fine.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter