Transmog Items Scaling Zone Questions

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Transmog Items Scaling Zone Questions

Unread post by Kurasu »

So I've been away from WoW for months and months. Just getting back in. I'm exploring the new zones and their scaling.

What I want to know: do enemy drops reflect their scaled level?

If so, does this mean that if I want to farm for certain transmog appearances, it will no longer be possible to do so without having a character of that particular level?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Transmog Items Scaling Zone Questions

Unread post by Ana »

In raids and dungeons hubby farmed it haven't changed. Not sure about the outside or if it goes for all dungeons. Shattered hall still drop lvl 70 out land gear.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Thanks! Fingers crossed. I know there's some items that can't drop from any dungeon, and I'd hate to lose them!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Well, I can answer my own question. And the answer is both: yes, it has changed, and no, it has not changed.

No, it's not changed: what items drop in what zones still drop there. Their levels may be slightly different, depending on what level you are when you pick them up, but the specific items still drop there.

What *has* changed, at least in Outland dungeons, is that Heroics now have the same gear as Normal. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not, but considering the scaling, I am assuming not.

What this means is that if you're going through Heroic Mana Tombs, for example, you would be getting the greens that would normally drop from normal Mana Tombs. I.E. the level 61-62 stuff that used to be so annoyingly rare is going to be much easier to get!

I am going to farm the hell out of Hellfire, if that's the case. :D