Dire Beast Crazies

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Dire Beast Crazies

Unread post by evil950510 »

I been having some odd beast call when using Dire Beast on live in Outland. I am only a level 61 Troll Hunter but so far have had a Devilsaur join my fight with Keli'dan the Breaker. Also I call white Warp Stalker during my fight with Arazzius the Cruel, which was almost as big as him. I thought Dire Beast call beast that were common to the area, and expected Hell Boars or Two headed vultures to show up; however, some very odd friends have been showing up. I am wondering if any one else has had some unexpected help show up either in Outland or any other zone?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Dire Beast Crazies

Unread post by Kalliope »

There's actually a mostly full list of what pops where right here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=18635 :D
Last edited by Kalliope on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

That can't be a full list. While doing Firelands dailies, I was on a pillar with web pulling spiders, after I jumped down, my pet didn't follow and my dire beast summoned a rabbit. No sure if it's a result of my killing the Darkmoon Rabbit, and I couldn't react fast enough to screenshot.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

swimgremlin wrote:That can't be a full list. While doing Firelands dailies, I was on a pillar with web pulling spiders, after I jumped down, my pet didn't follow and my dire beast summoned a rabbit. No sure if it's a result of my killing the Darkmoon Rabbit, and I couldn't react fast enough to screenshot.
There are very few exceptions to the ones listed and they're not very well documented. Fair enough, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah, when I did the list, I just went to each zone/continent and did it 15 times per. I hope there is some rare "summons", that would be cool.

I've never seen a critter spawn, I always thought that was part of the unfinished early version of "call beast."

I did it 30 more times in Molten Front: 11 tigers, 10 devilsaurs, and 9 wolves (MF seems to fall under the misc trio like dungeons etc). I wish I knew how to spawn the rabbit that I keep hearing about. I really hope its not like a bug.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Yeah, I was pretty shocked. By the time I clicked it to realize it was titled "beast" which it was, I couldn't hit he print screen fast enough.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, yesterday I was leveling one of my hunter alts in Outland for about eight levels, and during the fights, twice I summoned a skunk to assist me with Dire Beast. I didn't even think to take a screenie, but I shall do it when I am next leveling a hunter there (I have three moving towards that direction), unless someone else beats me to it. I was quite surprised myself at having a cutie like him attacking along with my scorpid. :D Then again, two spawns out of who knows HOW many Dire Beast casts is not often...
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I'm guessing Dire Beast has a low chance to summon a critter instead of a beast such as the rabbit, skunk, prairie dog and tiger cub we have heard about. Wonder what other critters Noah probably tucked in there.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I got a penguin once, in Northrend... XD