Eagle Eye Exploration

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Eagle Eye Exploration

Unread post by Samskeyti »

So my favorite pasttime in MoP... exploring places we can't get to yet :-)

However, eagle eye likes to break off a lot, especially when you cross into other zones. Usually I try to find a high spot, such as the scenic overlook in the north-west, and try to get from there to Kun-Lai Summit. Sometimes it works fine, other times it breaks of soon. One time, I've been exploring for ages, found the Sha of Anger, the lovely cloud serpent circling the summits, even got to the Dread wastes. But today, I hardly get anywhere, although I did manage to go to Stormstout Brewery.

Does anyone have any tips? I guess setting view distance and everything else low is one thing. But argh, I want to move everywhere!
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Eagle Eye Exploration

Unread post by Miacoda »

Well, you used to be able to get into the other zones using a trick but Blizzard fixed it. =/ Which is so lame because there were like, three beasts I needed to beast lore. x.x

Really, the BEST place to eagle eye is Kul Lai Summit... but yeah... it's not very accessible at the moment. >.<

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Dakender
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Madoran

Unread post by Dakender »

You saying you can't use /cast !Eagle Eye and have it work today? I was just using it last night......
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It works, he's just saying it breaks off quite a bit. You can go a long way only to suddenly have it break and have to start over. We definitely found the starting place made a huge difference. And not to take too big a jump each step.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Wain wrote:It works, he's just saying it breaks off quite a bit. You can go a long way only to suddenly have it break and have to start over. We definitely found the starting place made a huge difference. And not to take too big a jump each step.
You mean, it works better when you go somewhere quiet, or it goes better near the starting place? I should know, I tried both but didn't take any notes regarding those things.

Hmm the trick, was that the one involving a priest?

Edit: I tried a few more places, such as the lake further North, but going the dsame-ish route with eagle Eye into Kun-Lai than I did a couple of days ago where it worked so well, it now breaks off every time. I wonder if they implemented barriers just like the No Man's Land debuff.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I've had trouble eagle eyeing ever since the patch, so I'm betting they did something. =/
That along with the priest trick being taken away... Ugh. X.x And I can't even test out more quests (never got a chance to do horde side... Just couldn't find the muse with so much to explore, heh) because they're so broken. xD
That along with there being nothing fun to do on live... Along with it being rainy all week so I can't really go outside to do stuff...

Lord this week is terrible. :P

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr