Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Mist of Pandaria Rares

Unread post by Kalliope »

!!! Ferdinand! <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Highlanddevil wrote:I hope there's something Blizzard will change this time and has a few more surprises. Also, should the tameable pets please highlight of other mobs, and not all be the same skin. Spiritbeast at the end to see almost all the same. The spiders of the Cata Firelands were a joke until perhaps one exception.

pls Blizzard take a surprise and are some of your ways again Imaginative :)

"Yes bad english grammar" "but i´m learning it
I'm...sorry you feel that way? Challenge tames were a new and refreshing thing, in my opinion, but to each their own.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Nice find on Toris-Ethis!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Ziarre wrote:
Highlanddevil wrote:I hope there's something Blizzard will change this time and has a few more surprises. Also, should the tameable pets please highlight of other mobs, and not all be the same skin. Spiritbeast at the end to see almost all the same. The spiders of the Cata Firelands were a joke until perhaps one exception.

I'm...sorry you feel that way? Challenge tames were a new and refreshing thing, in my opinion, but to each their own.
They were new and refreshing, but after you did them, you were stuck with a mob of identicle spiders or a pair of identical tigers. I know i did some of the challenge tames, but after the first handful of them I just didn't bother, it was a lot of work of pets that I knew I would eventually abandon because I don't like having two (or more) that are the exact same except for their color tones. I felt a little disappointed that they were all so similar to each other and that killed the fun of going after them. I am hoping there will be a bit more variety in the rare beasts this time.
Highlanddevil

Unread post by Highlanddevil »

Shade wrote:
Ziarre wrote:

They were new and refreshing, but after you did them, you were stuck with a mob of identicle spiders or a pair of identical tigers. I know i did some of the challenge tames, but after the first handful of them I just didn't bother, it was a lot of work of pets that I knew I would eventually abandon because I don't like having two (or more) that are the exact same except for their color tones. I felt a little disappointed that they were all so similar to each other and that killed the fun of going after them. I am hoping there will be a bit more variety in the rare beasts this time.

Yeah I mean if I interpret correctly that translates :)
The appearance of each should be tamed "rare"Mob themselves but differ considerably already. I would like to see. Like that time with Loque. ex: The skin of Loque or Gondria was exceptionally. But never the new skin by Magria, or the Spiders. Yes the challenges are very nice but when the skin would be exceptionally, then it would be perfect for all the hunters.

That whit the new archivment and his "rares" are all a little challanges then yes because they have certain skills and loot.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Urgolax, the mogu warrior at the Golden Stairs is phased too... was waiting for him for ages till it clicked. I got the starter quest for the Golden Lotus from the base, and did a few quests, and everything unphased, yay!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Some of the phasing mobs can be a handful if they like to run around, Cant remember the name of the one in Eternal Blossom, near the river (and mobs of those one-eyes bog thingys) is called, but he took us (myself and...Oloages? (Ahhh, cant remember your name :( )) a bit to kill since he kept running into/out of phase.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

If it's Moldo One-Eye, he has a saurok thing where he phases out and comes with a big attack, that's what all the saurok champions do. He actually one-shot me with full health and the free pvp gear, and he was nearly dead and I was just thinking "oh how now they don't kill me so much anymore" :-p
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Highlanddevil wrote:
Shade wrote:They were new and refreshing, but after you did them, you were stuck with a mob of identicle spiders or a pair of identical tigers. I know i did some of the challenge tames, but after the first handful of them I just didn't bother, it was a lot of work of pets that I knew I would eventually abandon because I don't like having two (or more) that are the exact same except for their color tones. I felt a little disappointed that they were all so similar to each other and that killed the fun of going after them. I am hoping there will be a bit more variety in the rare beasts this time.
Yeah I mean if I interpret correctly that translates :)
The appearance of each should be tamed "rare"Mob themselves but differ considerably already. I would like to see. Like that time with Loque. ex: The skin of Loque or Gondria was exceptionally. But never the new skin by Magria, or the Spiders. Yes the challenges are very nice but when the skin would be exceptionally, then it would be perfect for all the hunters.

That whit the new archivment and his "rares" are all a little challanges then yes because they have certain skills and loot.
Still...sorry you both feel that way. I was beyond thrilled to have a blue version of Gondria, even if I ended up using the "white" version more (actually pale green, but who the heck can tell unless transparency's turned off). Different colors are still different skins, not everyone wants a red or orange fire spider...some like purple or green!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just got the achieve for killing a rare of each race, which unlocked the kill "all rare champion."

49 in total. The wowhead beta page for the achieve didnt list them so here it is

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

...Lirgolax is listed twice? o_O
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ziarre wrote:...Lirgolax is listed twice? o_O
I think your seeing things xD *puts a cold cloth over your forehead* i dun see any of their names listed twice over, as a single name of with a surname or title o.O

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Urgolax is listed twice indeed. I think the list is a bit buggy, I saw a forum post made about it a couple of days ago on the MoP Beta US Bug Report forum.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

For those not seeing the double listing, one is under Kah'tir in the left column and the other is above Ruun Ghostpaw in the right. (Both of them are green, which is why I'm using them for directional purposes.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

i'm glad they're implementing so many rares. i wonder how much EXP they will give to a leveling say level 88 player
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Royi wrote:i'm glad they're implementing so many rares. i wonder how much EXP they will give to a leveling say level 88 player
I was wondering the same thing... :geek:
Account has been closed at user's request.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Lol, I love how it calls it champions. And the name is "Glorious!" /thinks of the templar from D3 despite hating the D3 team/game atm
ImageImage
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Kalliope wrote:For those not seeing the double listing, one is under Kah'tir in the left column and the other is above Ruun Ghostpaw in the right. (Both of them are green, which is why I'm using them for directional purposes.)
Ohh :lol: i see it! I guess i was studying the grey ones too hard, its hard for me to see grey in screenshots xD Never paid much attention to the green so mighta overlooked the grey that was beside green names

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Rare Elites from Pandaria to drop "Novelty Items"

Unread post by Sigrah »

It seems rare Elites from Pandaria will be dropping novelty items, though some of those items seem more valuable than a "novelty" would be. For instance, I foresee many many many gold farmers (and everyone else) fighting to get Forager's Gloves, and one has to wonder how abusive the Hardened Shell will be (though I love the Mario Kart reference). Anyways, the full list is below:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=204818/mist ... nity-items
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: Rare Elites from Pandaria to drop "Novelty Items"

Unread post by Meggers »

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=18386

A 5 page thread on the topic, you might find it interesting.
ImageImage