Status of Quilen on the beta

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Status of Quilen on the beta

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Meggers wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I've tamed the Bronze Quilen in beta. They are in packs on the northern-most island. I haven't quested through that area, though.
?? Which one is bronze? o_O Its not in the big list in the OP?
Yes it is, it's the brown Quilen that's located in Townlong Steppes.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Oh brown. :P
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I had stopped updating this list, mostly because of being busy compiling stuff for Mania. But now the most up-to-date version is now live on Petopia anyway (under the Pandaria upcoming stuff), so it's better to refer to that :)

Very little has changed, though. In fact the only additions are probably all untameables.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Well it's good to know. I was gonna tame the brown one for the novelty of it being phased. Since that's no longer the the case ill probably grab a different organic one since I prefer the organic look.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool. Every organic skin is available.

Of the plain stone ones, there's ambiguity regarding two of them: the jade is listed as tameable but I have a suspicion that is no longer the case. The cobalt is listed as unavailable but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be. Unfortunately these both involve scenarios that have been locked for the past couple of months and can't be checked. We won't know till the game goes live unless I can get Noah to tell me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Offer him guylian chocolates and pumpkin spice lattes. :D
ImageImage
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Wain wrote:Image Quilin_Red
Terracotta Guardian, Kun-Lai Summit, TAMEABLE BUT BUGGED: BECOMES A USELESS STATUE!
That's weird, I tamed one before the last patch and he worked perfectly fine. Went there again and tamed another one, still works fine. Maybe there's more than one with different IDs? The one I have is ID 59773. But just in case, I have one question: did you dimiss it right after taming it? I got into the habit of doing that to prevent bugs that can surface at times with tameable beasts that have mechanics while in the wild, which makes the game think your new pet is still the wild npc. Dismiss Pet kinda works as a reset in those rare cases. I haven't quested at all in Kun-Lai though, and when I go there I see some sort of energy bolts coming from above that turns the Terracotta Guardian and those Mogus there into statues and vice versa if I'm not mistaken, so maybe one hit your pet? :?
It happened to me. I thought I had to wait until it became flesh to start my tame. I did so and right as the tame completed, he turned back to stone and remained that way. I had to abandon him and start the tame on another one while it was in the stone form.