Losing the love of BM?...

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Re: Losing the love of BM?...

Unread post by Sesamee »

I thought about blowing all the cd's except for Rapid Fire then Rapid Fire and then Readiness but it would probably turn out to be a dps loss since all cd's blown except Bestial Wrath would benefit from Rapid Fire on that first round.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Sesamee wrote:I thought about blowing all the cd's except for Rapid Fire then Rapid Fire and then Readiness but it would probably turn out to be a dps loss since all cd's blown except Bestial Wrath would benefit from Rapid Fire on that first round.

Hrmm maybe all the cds except Bestial wrath then? I wish that readiness had a shorter cool down for testing purposes. Didn't help I kept forgetting to set my timer. bleh too tired to do any real testing or experimenting. I'll do some tomorrow. I will say double Dire Beast is a really cool thing.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I've been playing with the CDs as well. From blowing them all at once to staggering them on top of each other. I find that casting rapid fire midway thru BW keeps a more steady focus regen for fitting more arcane shots in the mix, and if timed right, can get 2 consecutive dire beasts in, (one before and after readiness).

I like the new direction personally. I don't feel like I'm arcane shot spamming as much since there's other CDs to manage and abilities to time for priority. I really like how he spec is pet focused, and feel that as a master of beasts, your main focus should be your beasts. It may require more practice for some to get better at pet management, but that's what gives it a unique feel.

If you miss your set and forget pet play style, there's still MM and survival.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Myrrmi wrote:I am too busy packing alts up for Pandaria
Whatcha packing?

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I have always loved the BM spec and now in MoP it only gets better. They improved our AOE ability with Beast Cleave and if you talent Lynx Rush, your AOE gets even better. I don't mind the nerfs to Worms and Chimeras because honestly, I don't have either one in my stable. I also raid 10 mans and have never seen a situation where I could add a missing buff. All the buffs that pets bring are duplicated and canceled out by other player's abilities, even in 10 mans. I almost always run with a Spirit Beast with his heal macroed to be manually cast on me. I can also use it on other players in a pinch. You could even macro it to cast on the tank and lessen the load on dedicated healers. In MoP, we have the Quilens who bring a new dimension to the table for BM Hunters, a battle rez.

Losing interest in BM? I don't see how anybody could.