A Tortured Soul

Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Cenarius (Alliance), Illidan (Horde)
Location: Enjoying time relaxing with my pets before exploring a new land.

A Tortured Soul

Unread post by Ëlfdragon »

So, here's the last story I have to share (for now). It is the oldest one I have, so my writing style was different back when I wrote it. Part of it is kinda, i don't know how to explain it. It'll either be on this post of the next post, depending on how long this first post'll be. But, when I do post it, if you feel I should put a tag on it (I couldn't find any info on tagging post [Like the image heavy tags, language tags, ect. Even though I know neither of those apply]) Please let me know. It would suck if I got in trouble because I didn't have a tag that I didn't know I needed >.< As for how fast I update this story, I'm not sure. I've been busying working on my other stories and trying to gear up my main toon's before WoD hits, and I got almost no input on how fast I should updating this, so I cant give any set amount of days that will be in between post, it's going to be more like a "Do I feel like updating the story today?" type of thing. However, if I feel like its been to long sense my last update, I will post 2 parts in one day to make up for it. Anyways, without further ado, here's the first part of A Tortured Soul. Enjoy~
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Greendragon?" A voice sounded in the darkness. "Greendragon, are you here?" Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind entered a dark room, searching for someone.
"What is it?" A cat-like voice sounded, 2 green cat eyes appearing in the darkness. "What do you want, Priestess?"
"Oh, there you are Greendragon. I have a mission for you.” She said. “The Prince of Stormwind finished his visit today, and we need strong solders to protect him and his ship while it travels back to Stormwind. I think you'll be-"
"No." The cat cut the Priestess off, mid-sentence. "I refuse to help humans, I refuse to have ANYTHING to do with humans!" the cat, Greendragon, jumped down from the shelf she was sleeping on, and walked towards the door, the big scar on her side clearly visible, fur still refusing to grow back and hide it. "So much pain...So much suffering....All caused by a human....No, I won’t do it, I WON’T help them. I don’t care WHO this human is!" And she left.
"Green...." Tyrande said, watching where the Druid had disappeared around the door. The Priestess sighed, then, too, left the room.
"What’s wrong, hun?" Malfurion asked when he saw the look on Tyrande's face.
"It's Greendragon. I asked her to be one of the guards for the Prince's return trip to Stormwind, but she refused." Tyrande said.
"Did you expect her to accept?" Malfurion asked.
"I guess not. I just hate the fact that she can’t get past this, the person who caused her so much pain is dead, and has been for 3 years." Tyrande sighed.
"Not even time can heal some scars. However, I'll have a talk with her, and see if I can convince her to be one of the guards. I know why you picked her, and she would be perfect for this." Malfurion said.

A blue cat sat there, staring off into the distance. She was sitting on one of the branches of the great tree, staring off towards where Northrend, and even more so, Icecrown, was.
"Greendragon?" A voice sounded behind the cat.
"What do you want, Malfurion?" The cat asked, without even turning around. "Wait. Don’t tell me. You're here to ask me to be a body guard for that human, just like Tyrande."
"I am." Malfurion said. "You are strong, one of the strongest Druid's I have ever seen, or met. You would be a perfect guard for the young Prince." He came to stand next to her.
"No. I refuse. I'll never help the humans after what they put me through!" Without another word, she jumped off the branch, and fell for a couple seconds, before switching to bird form and flying off.

The druid flew through the sky, those who saw her wondered how the bird could fly, she was missing half of her feathers from one wing, and the wing looked to be broken.
"I can’t..." She said to herself. "I just can’t, there’s no way I could help them, not after..." The druid landed in a tree, and switched to her Night Elf form. "Not after..." She repeated, and started to cry.
"What’s wrong?" A young male voice sounded from below her. She picked up her head and looked, seeing the young human boy, the Prince, standing below the branch she was sitting on, looking up at her.
"Go away, Human. I want nothing to do with you." She said, hatred sounding in her voice.
"What’s wrong? Why are you crying?" The boy asked, ignoring what she had said.
"I said leave me be!" She said, glaring at the human.
"I will not leave until you tell me what is wrong." Prince Anduin said. Green sat there, glaring at Anduin, who looked back at her with friendly eyes.
"So be it, then I will find a new place to rest." Green said, then switched to her bird form and flew off. Anduin stood there, shocked about how beat up the bird was.
"What happened to her?" He asked one of his Body Guards.
"I don’t know." The Human guard said. "But something truly awful happened to that Druid."
"I must know what happened, and who did it, so I can have my Father punish this person." Anduin said.
"And what if it was a Horde?" His guard asked.
"Then I will ask my Father to put a bounty on the Hordes head." The Prince set off, looking for the Druid, so that he could find out what had happened.

Green stopped at a lake, and switched to cat form. Slowly, she descended into the water, and let the cold water wash over the scar on her side.
"That feels good." She said, letting out a sigh. Closing her eyes, she allowed herself to snooze slightly. Soon, however, she picked up a scent on the wind, and let out a growl. "You don’t give up, do you?" She asked.
"No, I don’t." Anduin said.
"What is it that you want? I won’t be a guard for a Human going to a Human town; I’ll have nothing at all to do with Humans!" She snarled, causing a reaction from Anduins guards.
"But why? What did Humans do that earned them such hatred from you?" Anduin said, taking a step closer to the druid, unaffected by the hostility she was showing. "What caused the damage to your wing in bird form? What caused that big scar you have in cat form?"
"Do you truly wish to know?" Greendragon asked, looking at the prince.
"I do." He said. "And I won’t leave you alone until you tell me."
"Then you and your guards might as well have a seat." Green said, moving out of the water and into a sun drenched place in the grass.
"Very well." Anduin said, sitting down on a fallen tree, his guards positioning themselves close to him.
"Well, it all started many years ago when I was 9." Greendragon began. "4 new humans moved into my home town. They seemed like normal humans, but I had noticed something different about them, but no one agreed with me. The 2 other humans in the town didn’t even notice it, so I thought I was just being stupid, that is, until...It was a dark and stormy night, I was laying in my bed, unable to get to sleep, because the next day was my 10th birthday, and I would be able to start my Druid training on that day. I heard a crash of thunder, then what sounded like moaning. Quickly, I ran to my window, and that’s when I saw them, the scourge.
“I ran to my parents’ room, and woke them, telling them that the town was under attack. As quickly as he could, my dad turned into his bird form, and flew and rang the town’s bell, warning it of the danger. I ran to my brothers’ room, and woke him. He told me to hide, that I was too young to join in the fight, but I refused. I turned to my cat form, having mastered it before I even started my training, and told him I would fight. After a long pause, he allowed me to fight, but told me to stay next to him. We then ran out of the house, to join the battle.
“It was then that I saw them, the 4 new humans and the 2 old humans from the town. Only, they were different, they had glowing blue eyes, and pale skin. They were commanding the scourge. My Mother and Father charged out, attacking the scourge, trying to fight their way towards the humans. Me and my brother helped them, my brother being more help then me. We were almost to the humans when he appeared. I heard stories about him, once known as Arthas, now, as the Lich King. He casts some sort of spell, which rooted us all in place and made it so we couldn’t fight or use our spells. I looked around me, seeing the rest of the town under the affects of the spell as well, unable to defend themselves as the ghouls ripped them to shreds...But, they didn’t attack me or my family for some reason, the ghouls just stood there looking at us.
“It was then that I noticed his eyes upon me. The cold blue eyes past from me to my brother, then my mother, and then my father. ‘You 4 are very strong.’ He said. ‘Defiantly the strongest fighters in this town. But which of you are the strongest, I wonder?’ His cold eyes pasted over my family, and came to rest on me, again. ‘I wonder...’ He repeated, walking towards me. ‘Don’t you dare touch her, you lich scum!’ My father snarled. ‘Quiet you!’ One of the humans said, and I saw that it was Jake, one of my best friends. ‘Is this the one?’ The Lich King asked, turning towards Jake. ‘Yes, it is, my King.’ he said. ‘She hasn’t started her training yet, and yet she can turn into her cat form. I can tell she'll grow to be very strong. A champion of whomever she fights for.’ ‘Good.’ The Lich King said. ‘Dispose of the rest of them.’ He ordered, and the ghouls leapt upon my family. I cried out, struggling against the spell, but unable to free myself.
“The Lich King strengthened the spell he had on my, and casted another one, one that kept me from closing my eyes. He forced me to watch as my family was torn to shreds by the ghouls, unable to defend themselves. It was only after the ghouls were done devouring the bodies that he ended the spells. I fell to the ground then, my whole body numb. I took one last look at Jake, and let out a whimper, and then everything went black.
“Next thing I remember is waking up in Icecrown Citadel. It is there that I spent the next 8 years, being tortured and broken time and time again. It was there, in the cage I lived in, that I saw humans run past, time and time again, all on their quest to kill the Lich King. It was there, in the cage, that the humans left me to starve after the Lich King was killed. It was there that some Night Elf found me, and saved my life. If it wasn’t for humans...I would be in my home town, with my family, training and fighting alongside them. If it wasn’t for humans, flying in my bird form wouldn’t pain me, my bear form wouldn’t be partly blind, my cat form wouldn’t have this ugly scar, and I would still be able to use my sea-lion and travel forms.
“If it wasn’t for humans...My life would be so. Much. Better." She finished in a snarled. "Now, I’ve told you why I hate humans so much, and nothing, not even you, can change how I feel. Now leave me be!" She turned into her bird form and flew off, returning to the dark room that Tyrande found her in earlier that day.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So I did post the part that I'm kinda iffy about. It's the story of her past. When I first wrote this story, I wanted to post it here, but I was afraid of posting it because of that part. Reading back over it, I dont think its as graphic as I originally thought. But if any of you feel I need a tag or something, please let me know. Anyways, until next time~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: A Tortured Soul

Here's the next part
Anduin and his guards sat there, staring in disbelief at where the druid was moments before.
"She went through all of that...And who knows what she went through during those years, and she still found the strength to survive this long?" One of Anduin’s guards said.
"I can tell that she is very strong. One of the strongest people I have ever met." Anduin said.
"Yes, she is." Malfurion said, walking out from behind a tree. "Now I understand why she feels the way she does towards humans."
"You mean you didn’t know?" Anduin asked, looking at Malfurion.
"No, before you, Tyrande was the only one she told." Malfurion answered.
"I wonder..." Anduin said, after a short pause. "Is it that she hates humans, or is it that she’s afraid of them? Afraid that, if she gets close to a human, like she did with Jake, they will betray her?"
"That could be so." Malfurion said. "Only she truly knows the answer. Now, young prince, its getting late, you should head back to the temple and rest."
"Right." Anduin said. "Maybe I can talk to that druid again tomorrow."
"Yes, maybe you can help her out of this shell." Malfurion nodded, then switched to bird form and flew off in the direction Green went.

The room was dark, just the way she liked it. She switched to Night Elf form and ran a brush through her hair. She rubbed her arm, feeling the cold skin where her scar was.
"Why didn’t I just let myself slip into the darkness that day?" She whispered to herself. "I would have escaped so much pain, so much suffering." She looked out the window at the star lit sky. "I could have seen you all again...And I knew this, so very well...Why then, I wonder, did I keep fighting?" She sighed, and switched to her bear form. Her fur was still white, her right eye half-way clouded, showing that she could not see from that part. "It’s getting worse..." She sighed, and then switched forms, this time to her cat form. She jumped up onto a table, and looked at her scar in the mirror.
"This is looking a little bit better..." She said. Then, she switched to bird form and looked at her wing in the mirror. "This, too, is looking better." She switched back to her cat form, and leapt from the table. She then walked to the door and left the room. She stood there for a moment, letting the cool night air fill her lungs. Then, she switched to bird form and took to the sky, flying quietly through the sky, the all too familiar throbbing in her wing more noticeable than normal.
"I've flown too much today." She told herself. She landed on a branch, and switched to cat form. "I guess I’ll rest here for tonight." She sat there quietly for a couple minutes, staring off into the sky, and then she heard movement around her, and caught a scent on the wind. "I know you're there, Malfurion." She said. "What do you want?"
"I thought I would find you here." Malfurion said, flying over and landing on the branch she was laying on. "I just wish to talk." He switched into his Night Elf form.
"Very well." She said, letting out a sigh. "I can already guess what you want to talk about. You're probably here to try and convince me to protect the prince on his way back to Stormwind."
"No, I’m not." Malfurion said. "Now, I heard the story when you told the Prince about your past, and after you left, he brought up a question that has got me wondering."
"What was it? How I found the will to survive through so much? Not even I know the answer to that question." She said.
"That was one of the questions, but not the one I’m talking about. The one I mean is, do you truly hate humans? Or are you afraid of them? Afraid that, if you get close to one again, they would betray you." Malfurion looked at her.
"I’m not..." She stopped midsentence, and looked at the ground. After a minute, she laid her chin on her paws and said. "I am...Jake was my best friend ever...And I had a crush on him...Maybe more than just a crush...Then he......" Malfurion gently rubbed her back, trying to comfort her.
"You cannot let a few bad apples tarnish the image of the tree. Just because these human caused you so much pain, you shouldn’t think all humans will. I think they deserve a second chance." Malfurion said.
"But...I’m scared...." She said, shivering. "So very scared...If I’m put through something like that again, I won’t have the will to survive anymore...I was close to giving up when Tyrande and the others found me."
"I promise you, nothing like that will ever happen again." Malfurion said, putting his fingers under Greens chin and making her look at him. "I promise." He repeated. She laid there, staring at him.
"I guess...I'll give this mission more thought, before I come to my final choice." She said.
"And I’ll leave you alone now. So that you can rest." Malfurion said, then switched to bird form and flew off. Green watched where he disappeared into the branches for a couple minutes, then, worn out by the days activities, she feel into a deep sleep.

She opened her eyes to darkness. “Must still be night.” She said to herself, but she knew something was different; she was no longer in the tree. “Maybe Tyrande found me, or Malfurion came back, and moved me back into my room.” She closed her eyes, feeling that she needed more sleep.
"Greendragon?" She heard a voice call out. "Where are you Green?" Her eyes shot open, she knew that voice all too well.
"Jake...?" She whispered to herself. "Jake?" She called out.
"Of course, who else would it be?" He replied, pushing open her bedroom door, letting light flood into the room. "Why do you always like your room so damn dark, girl? I mean, I know your cat form can see in the dark, but still!"
She switched into Night Elf form and smiled at him. "I don’t know. I just fine the darkness...Comforting. I feel it’s the only place where I can think, and feel safe."
He laughed. "Normally girls your age are afraid of the dark. You are a strange on, you know that, Green?"
"Well, maybe I like to be different! Being different isn’t all that bad, is it?" She stood up and walked over to him.
"No, I guess it isn’t. Now come on, everyone's at the lake already!" He said, holding out his hand to her.
"Oh, right! Today’s my brother 15th birthday! The party!" She said. "Give me a minute!" She ran to her mirror and fixed her hair, then grabbed a clean pair of clothes, ran to her bathroom, and quickly changed. After she was finished getting ready, she returned to Jake. "Ok, there, I’m ready." She said. "How do I look?" She asked him.
"You look beautiful." He said, causing her to blush. "Now, come on, we're going to be late." She quickly grabbed the present she had gotten for her brother, and then followed Jake out of the room, then out of the house. They walked silently for a couple minutes.
"I really am strange." She finally said.
"Hmm?" He looked at her.
"I love the dark, but I also love the feel of the sun." She said.
"You're right. You are strange." He smiled at her.
"But, you know, my mom told me a lot of Night Elves’ like the night. Hence why we're called 'Night Elves'." She said.
"True, but you're the only Night Elf that I’ve meet that’s like that." He said.
"But, besides the one in the village, how many Night Elves’ have you met?" She looked at him, already knowing the answer.
He thought for a moment, and then said. "None. Ok, so maybe you're not so strange."
"We're almost there!" She said, running ahead, but when she got to where she could see the lake, she stopped. The area was empty, and no one was there. "Where is everyone? Where did they go?" She turned around to look at Jake, but saw that he wasn’t there. "Jake?" She called out, getting slightly scared. "Jake, where did you go? Jake?!" She felt a sudden drop in the temperature, and felt a storm coming. "Jake?!" She called again, and ran back towards the village.
"He betrayed you...Just like they all did...Just like they all will!" His dark and cold voice came from all around her.
"No...Not you...Not again!" She stopped dead in her tracks, frozen by fear.
"They will all betray you...Just like them...Just like HE did!" The voice sounded again.
"No!" She said. "NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed, and then started to run again. His laughter surrounded her, making her run even faster. Then, she stopped dead in her tracks. "Jake..." She whispered, tears coming to her eyes, seeing him standing there, his cold blue Death Knight eyes upon her. "Why?" She was barely able to ask.
"The masters will is my own." Was all that he said, and then he leapt at her.
Her eyes flew open to sunlight. She was still lying on the branch she had fallen to sleep on, her claws dug into the wood. "Was just...A dream..." She said, trying to calm herself. "Just a dream..." She told herself again. It took a few minutes before she finally was able to calm herself enough to switch forms. ’They will all betray you...Just like he did.’ The words of the Lich King echoed in her head.
"Jake..." She whispered to herself. "Why Jake? You were always so happy when you were with me...You said I was the only one who could make you laugh that way...The only thing that would always cheer you up, every time...Why, then, did you betray me? Why?!" She started to cry. Cry for her lost home, her lost family, and friends. For losing Jake and for everything she went though. At that one moment, she let it out. She let it all out, everything she’s been holding inside for the past 11 years. Finally, after 5 minutes, she was able to stop.
"I've been so stupid..." She said to herself. "Malfurion is right. Just because those humans betrayed me, I shouldn’t think all Humans will." 'They will all betray you...Just like he did.' His voice echoed in her head again, but she ignored it, she wasn’t about to let him win. "I guess I should go tell Tyrande that I will be one of the prince's guards.” She waited a couple minutes before leaving; to make sure that her 'episode' was over. When she was sure that she was done, she switched to bird form, and set off for the temple, where she hoped Tyrande and Malfurion were waiting.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
She flew silently through the morning sky, noting how peaceful the day was. "It’s going to be a beautiful day." She said. "A perfect day for sailing." It didn’t take her long to get to the temple, and when she got there she saw Prince Anduin, his guards, Tyrande, and Malfurion standing outside. She could tell the Prince was getting ready to leave, one guard was holding his bags. Swiftly, she flew down and landed next to Anduin.
"Good Morning Green." Malfurion said.
"Good Morning." She said, switching to her Night Elf form. "Tyrande?" She said, looking at the priestess. "Does the prince still need a guard for the return trip?"
"Changed your mind, have you?" Tyrande asked.
"I have." she said, noting the smile Malfurion had.
"He does still need one." Tyrande said.
"He has one then." Green said, and looked at the prince. "I'll make sure you get home safe and sound." She smiled at him.
"What’s with the sudden change?" Anduin said.
"Lets just say what Malfurion said last night got to me, as well as a dream I had last night.” She said.
"Good." Malfurion said, smiling at her
"Now." She turned towards the prince. "Shall we be on our way?"
"Let’s." Anduin said, and they left.

The day past by slowly, Green was put on a different boat then Anduin and had no one to talk to, she spent much of the day flying, slowly, alongside the boat she was assigned to. Finally, night came, and she was called in, for she was part of the day watch, and not the night watch. Swiftly, she flew into the room assigned to her and switched to cat form. 'My wing didn’t bug me today.' She thought to herself. 'I wonder if all this flying is helping it to heal.' She closed her eyes, and drifted into a peaceful sleep.
The next morning she awoke to a roar. 'Who was that?' She thought to herself, and walked onto the deck of the ship.
"Tighten the formation! Head to those islands, we should be safe there!" The captain of the ship was yelling.
"What’s going on?" She asked one of the Night Elf.
"Deathwing is coming!" A Night Elf said, before running off to do what he was ordered to. 'Deathwing? What is he doing here?' She thought to herself, looking at the sky around the ships, and seeing him far to the South. 'They will abandon you...Betray you...' his voice sounded in her head. 'Shut up, I won’t listen to you! You WONT win!' She said to the voice, and then set off to work.
"Druid!" The captain called to her.
"Yes sir?" She replied.
"Switch to your sea lion form and see if we're dragging anything, we seem to be slowing down when we shouldn’t be." He said.
"I...Can’t...I can’t use that form." She said, and he didn’t press on, either because of the tone of her voice or another reason.
"I can do it." Another Druid said, coming to stand next to her. She recognized this druid, it was Jin, one of the ones that found her and took her from Icecrown Citadel.
"Very well." The captain said. Jin looked at Green, and nodded his head once before jumping into the water and changing forms. She looked towards the south, and saw that Deathwing was making good progress.
"Captain!" She called. "We should hurry, at this rate Deathwing will be upon us before we make it to those islands!"
"You're right." The captain said, looking towards where Deathwing was. 10 minutes past, and all the ships were speeding along as fast as they could, trying to make it to the safety of the islands before Deathwing got to them.
"He’s going to get to us before we can do anything.” Green saw some of the boats turn off and head towards Deathwing, she noticed that all the hunters, Mages, and priest on the boats were preparing for battle.
"They're going to distract Deathwing while we get away." The captain said, guessing at what she was wondering. "Don’t worry, those are some of our-" He was cut off by a creature leaping from the sea and destroying one of the boats.
"What WAS that thing?" A human on the boat asked.
"Crap, not even the sea is safe?!" The captain said, watching the water. She ran to the edge of the boat, and looked into the sea, watching for any kind of movement. 5 minutes past, and the Prince's boat finally reached the island. She watched silently as the people on that boat quickly got off it and ran into the woods. Deathwing hit the boat with a fire ball moments after the last person got off.
"Green!" She heard her name called, and turning around, saw Jin and his twin sister Rin running towards her. "The captain order us to protect the prince, we have to abandon this boat to its fate." Jin said.
"I hate to leave these guys to Deathwings mercy..." Rin said, looking around her.
"But orders are orders." Jin said, putting his hand on his sisters’ shoulder.
"We should get going then." Green said. The three Druids jumped into the air, switched to bird form, and flew away from the boat, moments before it was destroyed by Deathwing and the sea creature. The three druids flew as fast as they could, but soon, the familiar throbbing returned to Green's wing. 'Damn it.' She thought to herself. 'Don’t start that now, of all times!' She ignored it, and concentrated on finding the prince. After going a little ways into the forest on the island, the 3 druids switched to cat form, and started to search.
"They couldn’t have gotten far." Green said, carefully scenting the air.
"This way!" Rin said, and raced off in a direction.
"Wait for us!" Jin called as he and Green started to race after her.
"I smell smoke..." Green said after a couple minutes, and the three quickened their pace. Soon, they got to the edge of the forest. In front of them was a large grassy area, and it was on fire.
"Anduins guard!" Jin called out, pointing with his tail to the corpses. "He has to be close by." Rin said, sniffing the air.
"Bah, I can’t smell anything through this smoke!" Rin growl. Green raised her tail for silence, and carefully sniffed the air. 10 seconds past, then 20, then 40, then a minute, until, finally, she caught his scent.
"This way." Green said, racing off in the direction the sent came from. Rin and Jin silently followed her. After a minute of running, they found who they were looking for, surrounded by Black Dragonkin.
"Prince Anduin!" She called, leaping onto the back of one of the dragonkin and killing it with a quick and fatally blow to the neck.
"Greendragon?!" She heard his reply. It took 3 minutes for the druids to kill all of the dragonkin.
"Are you alright?" Rin asked Anduin when she got the chance.
"I am, but my guards are..." he started. Green turned into Night Elf form and put her hand on his shoulder.
"We will return later to give them a proper burial." She said. "But for now, your safety has to be top priority." He nodded.
"I don’t have a mount, and the boats are all destroyed, how will we get out of here?" Anduin asked.
"And neither I nor Rin are strong enough to carry him on our back in bird form, and your wing..." Jin said, looking at Green.
"My wing will be fine." She said, knowing it was a lie. "I will carry him on my back." She switched to bird form, which Anduin noticed, for the first time, was bigger than normal, much bigger. "We have to hurry." Green said, remaining calm, knowing Deathwing would soon be upon them.
"Are you sure this won’t hurt you?" Anduin said looking at Green.
"It will be nothing compared to what I was put through for 8 years, and nothing compared to the pain I’d feel if I failed Tyrande and Malfurion." Anduin didn’t argue anymore, and climbed onto Greens back. Green took a moment to get her use to the extra wait. "Make sure you hold on tight, but not so tight that you chock me." She said, and then took to the sky, with Rin and Jin close behind her. "What way is Stormwind?" She asked, realizing she had no clue where she was going.
"That way!" Anduin said, pointing off in the direction of the great city. Green nodded, and starting to fly in the direction Anduin told her. After 2 hours, however, her wing started to hurt, but she ignored the pain. 'This is nothing compared to what I went through and will go through if I let them all down.' She reminded herself time and time again. Night came, and the three druids kept flying. Rin and Jin took turned resting on each other’s back, Anduin, too, feel to sleep on Green's back.
"Are you sure you're ok?" Jin asked Green when dawn arrived.
"I’m fine.” She said, not looking at him.
"We should stop and let you rest when we past the next Island." he said.
"And let Deathwing catch us?" She asked.
"Deathwing is nowhere in sight, we lost him many hours ago." He stated, and she knew he was right.
"Very well." She said, secretly hoping, praying, that it wouldn’t be long before they found an island.

"There’s Stormwind!" Anduin called out around noon.
"That’s a pretty big city." Rin said.
"Yeah, but it’s beautiful." Jin said, and then looked towards Green. "Green?" He said, noticing that she was flying much lower and slower than before.
"I’m fine." She said, but they could tell by her voice that she wasn’t. "I'll be able to make it." She said, pushing herself to fly faster. 'Nothing compared to...What I would go through if something happened to him...' The pain in her wing was almost to an unbearable point.
A couple more hours past before they got to Stormwind Docks.
"Father!" Anduin said, seeing his Father standing on the docks.
"Anduin?" The King called out. "What happened?" He asked, as Anduin jumped off of Greens back. Anduin quickly explained what happened the day before.
"Green?" Rin said, walking up to where she had landed a couple feet away from Anduin.
"I knew we should have stopped earlier." Jin said, seeing her shiver in pain.
"I’m fine." Green said, pushing herself up and trying to fold her wings against her side.
"No, you're not." Rin said, starting to try and heal Green some.
"Ok...Maybe you're right." Green said, before falling forward and passing out.
"Green?" Anduin said, wanting to introduce her to his father. "Green!" He said, and ran to her when he saw she had passed out.
"What happened? Was she injured by Deathwing?" Varian asked, coming up.
"No, not Deathwing." Rin said, and continued to heal her while Jin explained to the King about Greendragon.
"I can’t imagine how much her wing was paining her, yet she still pushed on. For more than 24 hours she pushed herself to fly through the pain." Jin finished.
"That’s not all of it." Anduin said, and told his father the story Green had told him.
"I can’t believe how strong this druid's will to survive is..." Varian said. "Bring her to the keep, all three of you can rest and recover safely there.” Rin picked up Green and followed the King to the keep, and then to the room the three would be sharing. Rin carefully placed Green on the bed, and got to work healing hear again. A couple minutes of silence past, the 4 of them just stared at Green, all wondering about the same thing, how? How was she so strong? How was she able to live through so much? Varian even wondered how she was able to trust humans after so much.
"We must report to the families about what happened." Varian said to his son, and the two left. Rin and Jin sat there in silence, not wishing to disturb Green.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part.
Two days past before Green finally came to. 'Where am I? And why is my wing so sore?' She thought to herself. A couple minutes past before she finally remembered everything that happened. 'Oh, right, I passed out at the docks.’
"Green, you're awake!" Anduin said as he entered the room.
"How long was I out for?" She asked, switching to Night Elf form.
"2 days." He answered. "Rin spent most of the first day healing your wing as much as she could."
She nodded and said. "Ah, but it can never completely be healed. It was broken in 3 different places and didn’t heal correctly."
"I’m sorry humans caused, and still cause, you so much pain." Anduin said. Green walked over and put her hand on the prince's shoulder.
"They may have put me through a lot of pain, but they have also made me stronger." She smiled at him. "Now, where are Rin and Jin?"
"They're outside. I was coming here to check on you before taking them on a tour of the city." Anduin said. "Would you like to join?"
"Sure." She said, and followed the prince out of the keep.
"Green, you're awake!" Rin said as she left the Keep with the prince.
"Yeah, seems I woke up just in time for a tour." Green said.
"You had us worried there for a little." Jin said.
"Sorry for worrying you guys." Green looked at Jin.
"It's ok, that’s what friends do. Worrying about each other." Rin said, and Green couldn’t help but smile at this.
"Now, let’s get started, shall we?" Anduin said. The three druids nodded, and then followed the prince. They first went to the Dwarven District, they saw many people, working on Blacksmithing, engineering, or smelting. Everyone stopped to bow to the prince as he passed by. After the Dwarven district they went to Old City. There they found young Rogues training, or people practicing against the target dummies. Some people were purchasing gear from blacksmith. After Old City, they went to the Trade District.
"This is the Trade District. It’s the most popular district in Stormwind. Many people come here to use the bank, or the Auction House." Anduin was saying.
"This doesn’t look that pact for being the most popular district." Rin noted.
"That’s because many heroes are off fighting against Deathwing and his minions right now." Anduin said.
"So that means they're in Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, Vashj'ir or Twilight Highlands right now, right?" Jin asked.
"Yeah." Anduin said.
"Wonder if I'll ever see those places." Rin said.
"I would like to see them too, but getting my dad to let me leave the city is like getting a cat to take a bath." Anduin said.
"Well, maybe one day the 4 of-" Green stopped walking, and stopped mid sentence.
"Green?" Anduin looked back, and saw that she had stopped. "What is it?" He asked, and then turned to look at who she was looking at. Standing in front of them were 2 Death Knights. Two Human Death Knights, one of which was looking at Green with the same look that she was looking at him with. "Jake..." She whispered.

"So, Jake, where did you say we were going?" John asked.
"To Darnassus." Jake said, not even looking at his friend.
"And why are we going there again? The Prince is already back, safe and sound." John asked.
"I know. He’s not the reason. The reason we're going back is because I heard that she might be in Darnassus." Jake said.
"She? You mean that Druid you were telling me about? The one that you feel in love with? I thought you said you didn’t even know if she survived what she went through when we were under the control of the Lich King." John said, looking at Jake.
"After I overheard what those Night Elf said about the druid in Darnassus with a messed up wing in bird form, I had this feeling that she did." Jake said.
"How do you know she'll even trust you enough to let you explain?" John asked.
"I hope she does..." Jake said, looking at the ground.
"What did happen again?" John asked.
"I told you 5 times already, did you really forget again?" Jake asked, letting out a sigh.
"Yep." John said.
"Fine, I'll tell you again. It all started a couple days before her 10th birthday. I wanted to get her the best gift I could, so I asked the other Humans in the town to help me find something. So, we decided to go look for a gift in the neighboring town. But the town was a half days walk away. We decided to leave in the morning, so that we could return to the town the next day and prepare for her birthday. So, after making sure we packed enough to eat, the 5 of us left. We got to the town and, after a couple hours of looking, I found the perfect gift. It was a promise ring." He reached into his pocket and brought out a ring with a beautiful sapphire on it.
"And, when I gave it to her, I knew the perfect promises to make with it. That promises would have been 'I will never leave your side. I'll always fight alongside of you, no matter what.' I knew she would have loved the gift, but then...It was that night, and we had decided to sleep outside of the town, it was much bigger then what we were use to and kind of intimidating. The night pasted fine at first, we each took turns watching. Then, when it was my turn for watch...He showed up. We all heard the story and knew all too well who he was, the Lich King. Ghouls attacked us all, and none of us stood much of a chance.
“The next thing I remember was hearing his call, and having no choice but to answer to it. We spent the next couple of days training and perfecting our Death Knight skills. Then came that terrible night...The night before her 10th birthday...We rode up to our old home under the cover of a storm, and sent our ghouls to start the attack. He knew the small town wouldn’t stand a chance, it was 50 vs. 200. Soon I heard the bell, and saw the towns people start to fight the scourge. That’s when I saw them...Green and her family. The Lich King used a spell that locked all of them in place, then he said something to them, I either didn’t hear or just don’t remember.
“After that, he turned towards me, because I had told him about a member of that family which I could tell would be very strong. I told him it was her, and I wasn’t lying. Every since I first met her I could tell she would become very strong. After I told him that, he had the ghouls kill the rest of her family, and he forced her to watch everything. After the ghouls had finished devouring everything, we took her to Icecrown citadel...And I don’t even want to speak of what she went through their..." Jake sighed.
"She probably thinks you betrayed her." John said, putting his hand on his friends shoulder.
"Yeah, I just hope she'll let me explain, and will under-" Jake stopped mid sentence, and stopped walking.
"Jake?" John asked, looking at him. John then looked ahead of Jake, and saw 3 druids and the Prince. One of the druids, a female, was looking right at Jake, with much the same look as he was looking at her with. "Greendragon..." Jake whispered.

"Jake?" Rin asked, making sure only the group could hear her.
"The same Jake from your story?" Anduin asked.
"Yes..." Green said, fear starting to creep upon her.
"Green, I..." Jake started to say, but, before he could finish, Green turned and started to follow a path towards the channel.
"Green, wait up!" Jin said, and followed her, soon followed by Anduin.
"She hates me..." Jake said, after she was gone. Rin saw his friend put a hand on his shoulder.
"I don’t think she hates you." Rin said, causing the two Death Knights to look at her. "I think she’s afraid. Scared that you will hurt her again. At least, fear is what I sensed coming off of her..." Rin said, looking towards where her 3 friends disappeared to.
"She’s...Afraid of me? I wouldn’t blame her..." Jake looked down, some tears coming to his eyes.
"Umm, Miss?" John said, looking at Rin.
"Please, call me Rin." Rin said, smiling.
"I’m John." John said. "And Rin, can you do me a favor?" John asked.
"Sure, what is it?" Rin said, looking at the Death Knight.
"Can you tell Green that Jake wishes to talk to her?" John said.
"Tell her that I wish to explain everything to her...That I wish to apologize for all the pain I caused her. Please." Jake added.
"I'll pass on the message." Rin said, smiling. "And don’t worry Jake; I’m sure she'll give you another chance.”
“Rin! Come on, don’t fall behind or you'll get lost!" Jin's voice came from the direction the 3 left in.
"Brothers calling, I have to go. But I'll pass on the message." Rin said.
"Thanks." Jake said.
"No problem at all. Coming Jin!" Rin called, turning into travel form and running to catch up with her group. 'I just hope she'll listen...' Rin thought to herself. 'If I can’t make her listen, maybe Anduin or Jin can!'
Enjoy~
Edit: Removed a small part from this update so I can add more to the next one when I do it, so its not just a really small one-scene update

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

And heres the next update~
Green stopped when she got to the channels, her 3 friends quietly watching her. "Jake." She whispered to herself, staring into the deep blue water that was in front of her. She was filled with 2 emotions. One was fear, she was still afraid of him, because of all that had happened. And the other, which surprised her, was love. She still felt the same love that she had all those years ago. Even after all that she had been through, she still loved him. She felt no hate towards him, no hate at all. She stared off into the water, remembering the good times the two had together.
"Green?" Jin finally said from behind her. She turned her head and looked at him, but didn’t say anything. "Are you ok?" Jin continued. Green let out a sigh and looked at the sky.
"Yeah, I’m ok." she said. "It’s just..."
"You're afraid." Rin said, walking over and putting her hand on Green's shoulder. "I don’t blame you." Green looked at Rin, and smiled. Anduin looked at the 3 druids, wondering about something.
"Do you guys know a lot about Death Knights?" He asked.
"Only thing I know about them is that they are, well were, servants of the Lich King." Jin said.
"That’s all I know about them as well." Rin said.
"Servants who will do whatever their masters tell them to no matter what." Green said, looking back towards the water.
"Well, that’s partly true. Death Knights were once servants of the Lich King, and they did do whatever Arthas told them to, but that’s because they had no choice. For most Death Knights, they were killed by him, and their souls were taken by the Frostmourn. Once in the Frostmourn, the Lich King could do whatever he wanted with the souls. For many, he put them back into their own bodies, as his servants, as his slaves. Once revived, and until the Lich king was killed or they somehow broke free, the Death Knights had no choice but to obey. Just as many said, the Lich Kings will was their own, because he controlled them. That is why none blame Death Knights for what they did while under his control, cause they couldn’t help it. That is why the Alliance and Horde welcomed their old champions back. I tell you this because, I know you're afraid of Jake, Green, but you shouldn’t blame him for what you went through. He was probably killed at some point by the Lich King and was being forced to do what he did. I doubt he would have done any of that stuff if he had a choice." Anduin said. Green looked at him, letting his words sink in.
"I wonder if that’s why." Rin said.
"Why what?" Jin asked.
"Before I left them, Jake and his friend, John, told me to pass a message to Green." Rin said.
"What is it?" Green asked.
"It was, Jake wishes to talk to you, he wishes to explain everything to you, and he wishes to apologize for everything." Rin looked at her.
"I know you're probably afraid of him, Green." Jin said. "But I think he deserves a 2nd chance, just like Humans."
"Even though I went through so much." Green said, glancing back at the direction Jake was. "I still love him." She smiled. "I don’t hate him at all, like I thought I would." Green switched to bird form. "I'll meet you guys back at the Keep later." She said, before taking off.
"Good luck Green, and Jake." Rin said.
"Let’s continue the tour, shall we?" Anduin said, and the three set off for the Mage district.

Green flew slowly through the sky, circling where she knew Jake and his friend, John Rin had called him, were. She landed on a roof close to them, fighting against the fear that made her want to run. After a couple minutes, however, she was able to fight off the fear. Quietly, she glided down, and landed close to him.
"Jake?" She said, causing him and his friend to turn around.
"Green." He said.
"Rin told me you wished to speak with me?" She asked.
"I do." He said. She looked around at the crowded street, thinking.
"Let’s go somewhere less crowded, where we could talk more in private." She said, and started to fly. Jake and John ran in order to keep up with her. After a minute, she landed at a place outside of the keep, where she knew no one would bug them. Jake and John came to a stop a couple feet away from her, panting slightly.
"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?" She asked.
"Well, I wanted to say I’m sorry for everything, and..." He went on to explain what had happened a couple days before Green's 10th birthday. He explained about the Promise Ring, about the fight, about everything. When he finished, she sat there, letting it all sink in.
"So..." She said, looking down at the ground. "It was all my fault...The death of you 5, of everyone in the village...All my fault." Green said. 'No, it was his, and he'll do it all again if giving the chance. He'll betray you, they will ALL betray you!' the dark voice that has plagued her every since the age of 15 said, but she ignored it the best she could.
"No, it’s not." Jake said, walking over and putting his hand on Green back. "And, I know it might be pointless now, but I still want to give this to you." He said, causing her to look at him.
"Give what to me?" She asked. He reached into his pocket, then removed his hand, and opened his hand to reveal a ring with a sapphire on it.
"It’s the promise ring I got you all those years ago, the one I was never able to give you." She switched in Night Elf form, and looked at the ring. "That is, if you'll still accept it." Jake said, looking at her. She couldn’t help but smile, sapphire was, after all, not only her birthstone but her favorite of the Gem Stones.
"Of course I'll accept it." She said, with a smile.
"And if you'll allow me too, I'll make the same promise I planned to make years ago." He looked at her. She looked at him, wondering for a moment, surprised that so much of the fear she had felt had been overcome by love. She was still afraid, but she could live with that fear if it meant being with him.
"Of course you can." She said. He seemed surprised, but very happy at the same time.
"I will never leave your side. I'll always fight alongside of you, no matter what. This I promise you, for as long as this ring shall stay on your figure." He said while sliding the ring into place. She looked at the ring for a couple minutes.
"I really am a fool." She said.
"And why is that?" Jake asked.
"I should have known you never would have done that stuff if you had a choice.” Green said.
“Yeah, you are a fool." He said, with the smile that she loved. It was then that she noticed that John was nowhere to be seen.
"Where did your friend go?" Green asked, looking around.
"I don’t know, I didn’t even see him leave." Jake said.
"Probably wanting to give us some time to ourselves." Green said.
"Yeah, probably." Jake said, sitting down next to Green. "Knowing my luck." Jake said after a while, lying on his back. "This is all just a dream, and I'll wake up into a world where you despise me because of what happened."
"And I am also dreaming, and soon I'll wake up and I'll hate you or something." Green said, lying on her back, holding her hand up, and looking at the ring.
"Well, then I hope neither of us ever wake up." Jake said.
"You and me both." Green said. The two laid there for the next two hours, catching up, since it had been more than 3 years since they last saw each other.
Theres going to be a small time skip inbetween this part and the next part, just so you guys know. Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
Green stood there, staring at the people surrounding her.
"You are strong." A voice sounded, and she turned in order to see who had spoken. "Very strong." The forsaken said. "I wonder, then, why did they abandon you here?" It asked. 'You should have listened to me. I told you they would betray you again, abandon you when you needed them the most!' the voice sounded.
"Quiet you!" She snarled, positioning herself protectively over him. She was in the middle of a battle field, surrounded by Horde. She had traveled to this land, with Jake, John, and many other members of the Alliance. It was here that they were ambushed one night by these Horde. It was here that Jake and John, both out cold right now, were badly wounded. It was here that the Alliance called for a retreat, leaving Green here, alone, to protect these two.
"Damn it!" She cursed quietly to herself. "Why did Rin and Jin have to report back to Darnassus, why couldn’t they have come with us? They never would have left me here alone!" 'Humans are the enemy! They'll just keep hurting you, betraying you, leaving you for DEAD! Kill them all before they can kill you!' The voice said. She growled at it, and it quieted.
"Do you really think you're strong enough to fight us all and still protect those two?" The same Forsaken said, as some of the Horde laughed. "Why don’t you just run? Abandon the weak to their own fate." He said.
"I'll never abandon my friends." She snarled, lashing out and slashing a rogue, who had tried to stealth up and finish John off, on the arm.
"So, you'll rather lose your own life in order to protect these two, instead of running and sparing your own life?" The Forsaken laughed.
"I'd never be able to face my family in the afterlife if I abandoned my friends!" Green snarled, digging her claws into the ground.
"So be it." The Forsaken said, and the Horde surged forward. Green fought as hard as she could, trying her best to keep the Horde away from Jake and John, but soon she got forced away from them.
"No!" She roared, seeing some Forsaken start to drag John away. She pushed through the mass of the Horde, killing them left and right, barely getting a scratch on her. Soon, she made it to the Forsaken who were trying to drag John, and now Jake, away. Quickly, she killed them, sniffing the two boys to make sure they were not poisoned by the Forsaken. Smelling nothing, she turned back towards the Horde, tail lashing, ready to fight them for as long as she could. “Damn it!” She thought, wishing she could switch into bear form. She knew, however, that that would leave her at a disadvantage, because she had completely lost sight in one eye.
She kept fighting, killing many Horde, until, finally, worn out and no longer able to hold herself up, she collapsed next to Jake. "Damn it!" She whispered. "So, this is how it ends?" She looked at the Horde heading towards her, sensing that there were still a hundred there. "Kill by the Horde because those god damn Alliance abandoned me?" She thought of the Prince, of how much he had grown in the 3 years since she had met him. "Damn it!" She growled, pushing herself to her feet. "I can’t give up, he’s expecting me to return, and I’m not about to let my prince down. Even if the rest of the alliance doesn’t care about me..." 'They're all the same, they will all betray you, abandon you, leave you for dead, given the chance!' the voice taunted. She shook her head, truth be told, she was starting to believe the voice, it had be right about a lot. About how the humans would leave her in that cage once the Lich King was dead, about many things that had happened in the past 3 years, and about today. Was it really telling her the truth? Was she wrong to ignore it's warnings as often as she did?
“No, stop that!” She told herself. “Don’t give into the voice, it’s probably the same type of thing that turned Arthas from a loving, loyal price, to the heartless killer the Lich King was!” She was brought from her thoughts when she noticed the Horde had stopped.
"Crap, we can’t take him, retreat!" The Forsaken from before ordered.
"What?" Green asked herself. It was then that she heard some roars, and the sound of wings. Looking behind her, she saw many black drakes heading towards her. "Deathwings minions!" Was her first though, "Damn it, I can’t fight them, but I will if I must." She turned around, positioning herself in-between the approaching drakes, and the two boys.
"I do not wish to fight you." A voice sounded when the drakes got close enough.
"Who are you?" Green asked, seeing a Night Elf jump off of one of the drakes.
"I am Arch Druid Fandral Staghelm." He said, bowing.
"Arch Druid huh? I suppose you're part of the Alliance?" Her tail lashed at the mention of them. The Alliance had earned much distrust from her in the past 3 years, the only reason she was still a part of it was Jake, John, Rin, Jin, and the Prince. As well as Tyrande and Malfurion.
"No, I am not. But I can sense how you feel about them, and that is why I wish to speak to you.” He said.
"If you're here to try to recruit me into the Twilight Hammer, I don’t want to hear it." Green snarled.
"Oh? But I’m sure you do. The Alliance has nothing to offer you, except for a speedy death, or someone to abandon you. Leave you and the man you love for dead the moment it seems like they will lose the battle. We, on the other hand, have so much more to offer you." He said. 'The twilight hammer will protect you, they won’t abandon you like the Alliance would!' the Voice said.
'Yeah, they probably will! And I don’t need their protection!' She replied to the voice. "Sorry, but I’m not interested." She said to the Arch Druid. "I have better things to do then serve a good-for-nothing blood-thirsty dragon who will probably meet his end in a couple months!" Some of the dragons growled in response to this.
"You really think that?" Fandral asked. "That’s too bad. But, just think about it. I can tell you'll grow to be very strong, and we can help you reach that faster than the Alliance would. We can help you become so strong that you'll never have to worry about those two getting hurt again." He motioned with his hand at Jake and John, and then continued. "You'll never have to fear an attack from the Horde again; you'll be able to take on an army twice the size of the one you fought today before tiring! We could make you the strongest druid ever!" He said. And, truthfully, Green was interested in his offer.
'Strong enough to take on an army twice that size?' She thought. 'The twilight hammer will truly protect you. They will take care of you, they won’t abandon you! They'll make you stronger then you ever dreamed about!' The voice said. 'Strong enough to always protect these two...' She looked at Jake. The temptation was strong, almost too much for her to resist.

“We'll join you as soon as we can!” Rin's voice broke through her thoughts.
“Yeah, so don’t get killed before we can come find you three!” Jin's voice sounded.
“I won’t let that happen.” Jake said.
“Let’s get going, the boats leaving!” John said, and the three ran off.

The memory passed as quickly as it had come. And she passed into another one.

“So, you're leaving with the army tomorrow?” Anduin asked.
“Yeah, I am. Jake and John are coming too.” Green said, looking at the young Prince. He looked down at the ground. Green walked over and put her hand under his chin, lifting his head so that he was looking at her. “I'll come back.” She said. “All 3 of us will, I promise.”
He looked at her, then said “It’s just...You haven’t been away from here since you got me back here safely three years ago...I'm going to miss you...”
“I'll miss you too.” Green said. “And I promise, the second I get back to Stormwind, I'll come visit you.” She smiled at him.
“You better!” He said. “Don’t make me give you a direct order!” She couldn’t help but laugh at this.
“You might have to.” She said.
“Ok then, I order you to come back to Stormwind, and not as a dead corpse! And I order you to bring Jake and John back as well!” The prince had a huge grin on his face.
“Sir yes sir!” Green said, saluting the prince. “Now, off to bed you go, Anduin.”
“Ok, ok.” He said. “Good Luck on the mission, and see you when you get back!” With that, he ran off.

She left the memory, not sure about how much time had passed. She saw that Fandral, nor the drakes, had moved at all.
“I order you to come back! And to bring Jake and John back!” The prince's voice echoed in her head.

“Friends for life, right?” Rins said.
“Of course, and we'll always fight to protect the Night Elf, if not all of the alliance!” she had replied.

"That’s right..." Green whispered, remembering the promise she, Rin, and Jin had made to each other. "No matter how badly they treated me...No matter how tempting the offer may be..." She looked at Fandral, looked him right in the eyes. "I made a promise with my best friends. That we shall always protect the Night Elf...Hell, all of the alliance, no matter what! And I would be breaking that promise if I joined the Twilights Hammer!" 'And if I listened to that voice!’ She added to herself.
"If that’s the way you feel." Fandral said. "Then so be it. But, to bad for you, now I have to kill you." He grinned, his hand started to glow green.
“Damn it!” Green said, knowing she wasn’t strong enough to fight anymore. “What do I do now...?” All of a sudden a beam of sunlight surrounded Fandral, and his spell was canceled.
"Hey, you promised not to get yourself killed before we could join you!" Jin's voice sounded from behind her. She turned her head and saw both Rin and Jin there.
"You guys couldn’t have picked a better time to arrive." Green said, relief washing over her.
"Who is this guy?" Rin asked.
"I'll explain later. You two will have to get rid of these guys on your own, I’m too tired to help." Green replied, legs giving out from under her.
"Easy enough." Jin said, switching into him Moonkin form.
"It would appear your friends have arrived." Fandral said. "So I guess you'll get to live a little bit longer."
"So, you're just going to run now? With your tail in-between your legs?" Rin said.
"Lucky for you guys, I don’t feel like using too much energy." Fandral said, jumping back onto his drake. "Well, until we meet again, young Greendragon." And with that, he left.
"Just who in the hell was that guy?" Jin said, turning towards Green.
"I'll explain...Right after I take a short nap..." She said, before falling into a deep sleep.
"Rest, Green." Rin said.
"We'll guard you three while you rest." Jin added.
"I'll start healing them." Rin said, and set to work, while Jin kept watch.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
Green shifted some in her sleep as Rin healed her. It had been a day since Rin and Jin had arrived.
"I wonder what she’s dreaming about." Jin said, coming up and standing next to his sister.
"I don’t know. But, whatever it is, I hope it’s a good dream." Rin said.

Green opened her eyes. She was in her old house, lying in her old bed, in Night Elf form.
‘A dream?’ She thought, but it didn’t feel like any dream she had had before. "Or a vision of some sort? Well, only one way to find out." She pushed herself up from her bed, and left her room. She decided to see if anyone was in the living room.
"Hello Green, we've been waiting for you." Her Father said as she entered the living room.
“Ok, defiantly not a dream.” She thought to herself, and then said. "Waiting? For me?"
"Yes, waiting for you." Her mother, who was standing next to her father, said.
"There is something we wish to tell you, that we couldn’t tell you before." Her brother said, who appeared next to her father.
"What is it you wish to tell me?" Green asked.
"Have a seat." her father said, motioning with his hand towards the couch. Green sat down, and then looked up at her family.
"Now, what is it you want to tell me?" She asked.
"It’s something we should have told you long ago. Something we've been trying to tell you since you were 15." her mother said.
"It’s a secret that all the Night Elves’ from our village shared, one that not even the humans in the village knew." Her brother continued.
"What is it?" Green asked, feeling a slight fear about what was kept hidden from her for 10 years.
"What do you think our village was? And by that, I mean who did you think we worked for?" Her father asked.
"The Alliance. We were a village of people who would fight for the alliance if we were summoned." Green stated.
"We thought that’s what you would think, but that’s not true." her Brother said.
"It's not? Then who?" Green asked.
"The man we all worked for, well, the Dragon we all worked for, was." Her father started.
"Was Deathwing." Her mother finished.
"Deathwing?!" Green asked, her eyes going wide.
"Yes, Deathwing. We were all extremely loyal to him, as we knew you would have been, given the chance. All of the Night Elf in the village had one thing in common; we were all betrayed at one time or another, in one way or another, by the Alliance. Deathwing promised us all power, protection, a place to call our own, and a safe place to raise our children. He gave us all of that, and much, much more." Her mother said. "We wished to tell you this so that, not only would you know who your true ally is, and know truly who would never betray you, but so that you can see that Deathwing and his minions would never make a promise that they didn’t plan on keeping."
"Deathwing...He'd never betray me...Never break a promise?" Green looked down at her hands. "Wait, you've wanted to tell me this since I was 15? Then maybe...Are one of you the voice I hear?" She asked, looking back at her family.
"Yes. Father is." her brother said.
"And have I ever been wrong about the Humans?" Her father asked.
"Only about Jake, John, and Anduin." Green said. She looked down. 'My parents...My family, all my friends from the village...All except the humans...Served him, and were happy? They said he gave them a safe place to live and raise a family...That he would never break a promise, or betray you...Am I working for the wrong people? Should I have accepted Fandral's offer?'
"We know you have much to think about, and some good friends in the Alliance." Her father said, walking up and putting his hand on Green's shoulder, causing her to look up at him. "We didn’t tell you this because we wish you to serve Deathwing as well; we just thought you should know about your family and village. Above anything else you might think, we want you to be happy. And if you'll be happier with the Alliance then you would be with the Twilights Hammer, so be it. No matter what, I'll continue to warn you about what might happen." Green couldn’t help but smile at her father.
"And I’ll try to ignore you less often." Green said.
"We have done what we wished to do, and now we must go." Her mother said.
"Go?" Green asked, standing up. "But I haven’t talked to you guys in 14 years!"
"We will be able to talk soon, I promise." Her brother said, walking up and hugging her. "But, before we leave, let me give you this one warning. I know when you get to Stormwind you will probably talk to some of your friends about this, but just be careful about whom you tell and who overhears the conversation. If not, you'll be hurt again. Hurt by Humans again. And I don’t want to see that." Her brother’s words sent a chill down her spine; to her it felt less like a warning and more like a hint about the future.
"Now, we must be going. Until we meet again, Green." He father said. "And just remember, we have always, and will always, love you." And with that, her family faded.
'Deathwing...' She thought. The words of Fandral echoed through her mind. 'He'd never break a promise...Never betray me, never leave me for dead like the Alliance did...' Green shook her head, and slowly walked back to her room, a lot going through her mind.
"I don’t know what to do..." She whined, lying down in her bed. "Maybe everything will be clearer when I wake up..." She closed her eyes, and drifted back into a deep sleep.

"Seems like her dream ended." Rin said, stretching.
"You've been healing these three since yesterday; maybe you should take a break?" Jin said, watching his sister.
"Maybe you're right.” Rin said, sitting down next to her brother and pulling some bread out of her pack. She offered some to her brother.
"I’m worried about what’s going to happen with Green." Jin finally said.
"What do you mean?" Rin asked.
"I mean, she was very untrusting of Humans at first. Anduin helped with that some, as did Jake and John, but now..." Jin said.
"They are earning her mistrust again." Rin said. "They treat her badly, treat her weak because of her handicaps, and treat her differently..." Rin looked at Green.
"They abandoned her, Jake, and John here." Jin continued. "You know what that Night Elf was probably doing yesterday." Rin nodded her head.
"Probably trying to recruit Green into the Twilights Hammer." She said.
"And because of everything that’s happened...I’m afraid that she might end up joining Deathwing in the end..." Jin said.
"I see what you mean." Rin said, leaning back and looking at the sky. "If that happens, poor Anduin would be hurt. He would be heartbroken.”
Jin nodded, and then added. "And that would mean we'd have to fight her...I don’t think I would be able to fight her." Jin sighed.
"Neither would I. And you know Jake, if not also John, would stay with her. I would hate to fight them as well. But I couldn’t turn my back on the Alliance. But I wouldn’t want to turn my back on Green, either." Rin said.
"Let’s just hope we never have to make that choice." Jin said.
"Yeah." Rin said, before switching to cat form next to her brother and curling into a ball. "I think I’m going to take a quick cat nap." She said, before falling to sleep.
"Ok." Jin said, petting his sister on the back, and looking up at the sky, losing himself in his own thoughts.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
She heard talking, 2 of the voices she recognized. 'Who are Rin and Jin talking to? That’s not Jake or Johns voice...' She wondered, and opened her eyes slightly. She opened her eyes more, trying to make out who it was. Their back was turned to her, but she could see that whoever it was had green skin. 'An Orc!' She realized, and pushed herself to her feet, her whole body aching.
"Green, you're awake!" Jin said, looking past the Orc and at her.
"It's ok Green, this Orc is a friend." Rin said, walking up to her.
"A friend?" She growled, and they could still tell how weak she felt. "You expect me to believe there’s friendly Horde after me, Jake, and John were almost killed by an army of them? Bah, I’d be better off trusting the Twilights Hammer; it was one of them that saved our lives after all!"
"I was once a part of the Horde. I was the Warchief for the longest time, but now I am part of the Earthen Ring." The Orc said, and for the first time Green saw his face.
"Thrall?" She asked, having heard the stories before. The Orc nodded.
"Told you he was a friend." Rin said.
"I should stop doubting you." Green said, sitting down.
"You said the Twilight Hammer saved you?" Thrall asked.
"Yes, they did." Green said, then went on tell about what happened before. She explained about the offer, only leaving out the part about how tempting it was, not wanting to worry her friends.
"The humans abandoned you? Just like that?" Thrall asked.
"Yes, and it’s not the first time the Humans had left me for dead." She growled, feeling hatred at the mention of the Humans. 'Deathwing would never betray you, never abandon you, and never leave you for dead.' Fandral's voice echoed in her mind. 'Deathwing gave us everything he promised he would. He never broke a promise.' Her parents words echoed in her head. She shook her head to dislodge the memories.
"Greendragon, are you ok?" Rin asked.
"Yeah, I’m fine. Just got lost in memories for a second." she said, looking up at her friend.
"Something is bothering you." Thrall said. She looked at Thrall, and he got the message. "Rin, Jin, can you leave us for a little?" Thrall asked.
"Sure." Jin said, and him and Rin left.
"Now, what is it that is bothering you?” Thrall asked.
"The offers that Fandral gave me the other day were tempting...I was ready to accept them, but then I remember the promise me, Rin, and Jin made, to protect the Night Elf, if not all of the Alliance, no matter what. Then, I had a dream..." She explained to Thrall about the dream.
"You don’t know what to do, do you?" Thrall asked.
"Yeah." Green said. "I’m afraid that, if I stay with the Alliance I’ll get killed because they abandoned me....But I don’t want to have to fight my friends, like I would have to if I joined the Twilights Hammer." She let out a sigh.
"I can’t tell you want to do, but I can say this. Stay with the Alliance, even if you don’t trust the Humans, there’s still 5 other races you do trust. Deathwing will fall soon, and when he does, you'll be happy you stayed with the Alliance. One way or another."
Green nodded. "Your right." She said. "Thanks Thrall."
"Now, I can tell you still need more rest, so rest, young one." Thrall said, putting his hand on Greens back. Green nodded her head, then laid back down and fell to sleep. Rin and Jin returned then. Rin set back to work on healing the 3, while Thrall and Jin talked.

She woke up, feeling strong again. She heard the voice of her 4 friends talking.
"We'll head back to Stormwind once Green wakes up. If she’s not strong enough to fly, I’ll take her on my proto-drake." Jake was saying.
"I’m up." Green said, pushing herself to her feet.
"Good morning Green." Rin said. "How are you feeling?"
"Hungry." Green said, causing her friends to laugh.
"Well, come have some breakfast!" John said. Green walked over to them and, switching to Night Elf form, sat next to Jake.
"How are you two feeling?" Green asked, after having a bite to eat.
"We're feeling good, as if we were never in a fight." Jake said.
"I’m surprised we're still alive." John said.
"I wasn’t about to abandon you two." Green said.
"I knew you wouldn’t." Jake said.
"Are you strong enough to fly?" Jin asked.
"I think I am, why?" Green said.
"It's about time we head back to Stormwind, the Horde might return here soon.” Rin said.
“Right." Green said. "I’m ready to leave when you guys are." She said, standing up and stretching.
"We've been waiting on you." Jake said, summoning his Proto-drake.
"Yeah, so let’s get going!" John said, summoning his bone gryphon. Nodding, the Three druids switched to their bird form and, together, the 5 friends set off for Stormwind.

"Finally, there’s the city!" Rin chirped.
"Yeah!" Jake said. Green stopped when the city come in sight. 'When you get to Stormwind, be careful about who you tell and who overhears the conversation.' Her brothers warning echoed in her head.
"Green?" Jin said, and she saw that the 4 had stopped.
"Oh, sorry. Was just thinking." Green said. "Jake, when we get back to Stormwind can you take everyone to our house? I need to get the Prince, but then I’ll meet you guys there." Green asked, looking at Jake.
"Sure, but what’s the matter?" Jake asked.
"I'll explain once we're all at the house." She said, turning and flying towards Stormwind Keep. Without another word, Jake, John, Rin, and Jin went to the house Jake and Green shared. It only took a couple minutes for Green to get to the house with the Prince.
"Now, we're all here, so what’s the matter?" John asked.
"Yes, I wish to know what we couldn’t talk about in the keep." Anduin said. Sitting down next to Jake, Green started to explain. She told them about the offer Fandral gave her, about how tempting they were, about the dream, and about her conversation with Thrall.
"So, every Night Elf in the village, except you, served Deathwing?" Jake asked.
"Yes." She said.
"You're thinking about leaving us, aren’t you?" Anduin said, and Green could see that this made him sad.
"No no no." She said, looking at him. "I just wanted you guys to know and...If I do end up following in my families’ footstep, I don’t want you guys to take it personally. And, my brother told me to be careful about whom I told, and I trust you 5 the most.”
"So." Anduin said after a moment of silence. "The army just abandoned you 3?"
"Yes." Green said, and she, Jake, and John took turns explained about what happened that day.

"Did you hear that?" A human male whispered to his friend.
"Yeah, think we should go tell someone?" His friend asked him.
"Yeah! We have a servant of Deathwing right inside our city! We should take care of her before she can start something!" The male human said again.
"I wonder why those 5 won’t do anything." His friend asked.
"Who knows, and who cares! Now let’s get going, before we're caught!" Without another word, the two humans left.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Heres the next part~
Green was walking through Elywnn forest, and she was alone. She wanted some time alone, so that she could think.
"Man...The Humans sure know how to make a girl wonder if she made the right choice..." She sighed to herself. She stopped by a tree, switched to cat form, and climbed into its branches, where she sat and though.

"You sure she went into the forest, Wrath?" A human asked.
"Yes, I saw her leave Stormwind half-an-hour ago. Do you doubt me?" Wrath asked his friend.
"No, I don’t." he said.
"Good, now let’s go!" The warrior said to the group behind him. "We have a minion of Deathwing's to kill!" Without another word, the humans set off.
"There she is." Wrath whispered, after a couple minutes of searching.
"I wonder what she’s thinking about..." his friend said.
“Probably wondering about when the time to strike will be, maybe she’s supposed to meet Deathwing here?" Wrath said.
"Now, enough talking, let’s get this over with already so we can go back home." Someone in the group said.
"Yeah." Wrath said, and started walking towards the tree. Green sensed their approach before her ears even picked up the sound of their feet on the ground. 'Great.' She thought to herself. 'What the hell do they want?' She turned around on the branch and looked at them. 'Be careful with these humans, they mean you harm.' The voice sounded in her head. 'I will, dad, but thanks for the warning.' She told the voice.
"How can I help you?" She said to the Humans when they got close enough to hear her. The humans didn’t answer, but the one in the lead smirked.
"Only way you can help us is by making this job easy for us, traitor." The lead human, Wrath, said.
"What are you talking about?" She asked.
"We know your secret; we know who you work for. We heard what you told your friends." He said.
"What I told my friends? What are you talking about?" She said, confused.
"Don’t play dumb! We know you work for Deathwing!" He said, and she saw some of the humans pull out their weapons.
"Deathwing? What are you guys talking about?" Green said, standing up, her gut feeling telling her to run.
"I’m tired of hearing your voice, let’s take care of her boys!" Wrath said, and the humans started to fire at her with their arrows and spells.
"You guys are making a big mistake if you're trying to fight me." She growled, easily dodging the attacks. She felt her mussels stretch. 'Damn it, I’m not recovered enough to fight these guys! My body still isn’t fully recovered from the fight against that army!' She roared in surprised as she was knocked off of the branch; luckily her feline grace enabled her to land on her feet.
"Quickly, boys, surround her!" Wrath yelled, and, within seconds, she was surrounded. 'Damn it all!' she thought, looking above her and seeing that she couldn’t fly through the tree. It was too low and the branches were to close together.
"I guess I have no choice then." She snarled, getting ready to fight.

Green collapsed, to worn, and injured, to fight any longer.
"And you guys were worried she would be hard to kill." Wrath laughed.
"You guys wouldn’t stand a chance against me if I was at full strength." She snarled.
"Let’s finish her boys." Wrath said, and they all started to approach her. She closed her eyes, not wanting to watch. She blacked out as she felt a blade start to pierce her.

"Why are we here again?" a Troll asked another.
"I told you, I had a vision telling me to come here today." The other Troll said.
"But, Zalaxin, you do realize how close to Stormwind we are, right?" the first Troll said.
"Yes, of course I do, Juloa." Zala said, looking at his friend.
"Hey, look, over there!" Jul said.
"What are those humans doing to that druid?" Zala asked.
"Looks like they're killing her...But why?" Jul asked.
"It doesn’t matter why, we have to save her!" Zala said, and charged forward, hitting on of the humans with his sword before they noticed him.
"Yeah!" Jul said, summoning his Spirit Wolves, and sending them at the Humans.
"Crap!" Wrath said, jumping away from the Trolls.
"We better get back to the city, I don’t think we can take these two, and who knows how many Horde might be in hiding!" One of the humans called.
"Yeah." Wrath said, glancing at Green. "The druid's as good as dead, anyways." Without another word, the human fled back towards the city.
"That was easier then I though." Zala said, putting his sword back in its place across his back.
"Yeah." Jul said, kneeling down by the cat. "This doesn’t look good." He said, as Zala walked over.
"Think you could heal her?" Zala asked his friend, looking at the druid.
"Yeah, but it’s not safe to move her, and with how close to the city we are..." He trailed off.
"Well, heal her just enough that she’s moveable, and do the rest when we're somewhere safer." Zala said. "I'll stand guard while you heal the poor thing."
"Right." Jul said, and set to work. "She's safe to move now." Jul said after 10 minutes. He watched his Spirit Wolves closely as they sniffed her.
"Then let’s get out of here, I don’t like being here." Zala said. "You think one of your Wolves could carry her?"
"Yeah." Jul said, carefully picking up the cat and placing it on the back of one of his Spirit wolves. "We're ready to go." Jul said, and the two trolls started to leave. "Warn us if you sense anything coming." Jul said to his wolves, who growled in response.

After walking for two hours, the two Trolls finally made it back to their camp.
"Hey, you guys are back!" A Blood Elf said, standing up from where he was sitting by a camp fire.
"Yeah, we're back." Zala said.
"So, can you tell me why we came out here?" the Blood Elf asked.
"Zala told you that you didn’t have to come, Myth." Jul said. "Anyway, apparently it was to save this druid."
"Druid?" Myth asked walking over and looking at the cat. "What happened to her?" He placed a glowing hand on her back, healing what he could with his low healing skills.
"Some humans were trying to kill her." Zala said, gently picking up the sleeping druid and laying her on his sleeping bag.
"Were the humans part of the Twilight Hammer?" Myth asked, moving back to his place by the fire and tossing another piece of wood into it.
"I don’t think so, 2 of them had Stormwind tabards on." Jul said.
"They were not of the Twilight Hammer." Zala said. "Hopefully she'll be able to tell us when she wakes up."
"Yeah." Myth said, watching the druid from where he sat. "Oh, dinners done." he said, after a moment of silenced, and passed the food around to his friends.
"Smells great, thanks." Zala said, and started to eat. The 3 friends ate dinner in silence, making sure to save some for the druid when she woke up.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
She hurt, her whole body ached. Slowly, she opened her eyes, and noticed she was back in her room. ‘This must be...’ She pushed herself out of her bed, and left the room, noticing that the ache was lessening along the way.
"Mom? Dad? Brother?" She called out.
"We're here." Her dad said as she entered the living room, and took a seat on the couch.
"I need to ask you guys something..." Green said.
"We know, and that’s why we're here." Her brother said, taking a seat next to her.
"I just....I don’t know what to do...It seems like every time I go to the humans I get hurt...I was careful about who I told, yet I still almost get killed because of it..." Green said, looking at the floor.
"They overheard some of what you said, and misunderstood it." Her brother said mater-of-factly.
"I don’t think the alliance is a safe place for me." Green closed her eyes. "But..."
"You're afraid of what will happen with your friends if you joined the Twilight Hammer." her mother said, putting her hand on Green's shoulder.
"Yes...I know Anduin will be hurt, and sad if I leave, Rin and Jin are too loyal to Tyrande and Malfurion. And Jake and John..." She shook her head.
"Jake will stick with you no matter what." her father told her. "That much I can tell."
"If only..." Green said after a minute of silence. "If only the Lich King never attacked the village...If only you guys were still alive...Then we would all be together, working for him...I would be happy instead of in the state I am now." Green said, tears starting to fall.
"We wish the same thing a lot." her brother said. "You will get part this, though. You're at a fork in the road, 1 path will lead to less pain but more sorrow later on, one will lead to more pain but happiness later on, and one will lead...To your death." Her brother said, causing her to look up at him.
"Which one would lead to that?" She asked.
"That, we cannot tell you." Her father said.
"Thought so." She sighed.
"Now, it’s time for you to wake up. Thanks to someone’s effort, you are healed enough to awaken." Her mother said. "But, when you do wake up, don’t be scared, even though they look like enemies, they are not." Green looked at her mother, confused, but, before she could ask, the three disappeared. Slowly, she pushed herself off the couch, and walked back to her room. She sat on her bed for a moment, thinking about what she was told, then, finally, she laid down and closed her eyes.

Green awoke, and laid there, not wanting to move yet. She laid there, quietly, until she started to hear some people behind her talk.
"How long do you think the druids going to sleep for?" A voice asked.
"I don’t know." Another replied.
"We should let her rest until she’s ready to wake up." Yet another replied. 'Trolls?' she thought, recognizing the accent. 'Do not be afraid, they are not your enemy.' The voice said. Slowly, she pushed herself to her feet.
"She’s awake." One of them said as Green turned around.
"How are you feeling, druid?" The blood elf asked her.
"Uh," Green said, obviously confused. "A little sore, but ok. Did you guys save me?" She turned her head slightly, just like cats do when they're confused.
"Yeah." One of the Trolls said. "Why were the humans trying to kill you, druid? Are you not part of the alliance?"
"First, my name is Greendragon, but you can call me Green for short. 2nd, it was a misunderstanding on their part. They overheard something I was talking about with some friends and took it the wrong way."
"It sucks when that happens." The Blood Elf said. "Oh, and my name is Myth. This is Zalaxin," He motioned towards Zala with his hands, "And that’s Juloa," he motioned towards Jul.
"You can call me Zala for short." Zala said.
"And Jul for short." Jul said. Green nodded her head once at them.
"I guess I have you 3 to thank for saving me?" She asked.
"It was more Jul and Zala who saved you, but yes." Myth said, smiling.
"Thanks." She said, and sniffed the air. "What are you cooking? Smells good." She asked.
"Its talbuk meat, want some?" Zala asked, holding out a plate of meat to Green.
"Yes, I’m starving." Green said, switching to her Night Elf form and taking the plate. "Thank you." She said, before starting to eat. The 4 sat there, quietly eating. Green enjoyed the silence; it gave her the chance to think. 'I can’t go back to them; I can’t guarantee I wouldn’t try to ripe that human to shreds the moment I lay eyes on him...' She thought. 'But...' Fandral word's echoed in her head, followed by her parents. 'I don’t have a choice...' She though. 'At this point, it’s either do, or die. Join him, or be killed by the one's I call 'ally'.' She pushed herself to her feet, and looked at the 2 Trolls and the Blood Elf, who watched her.
"Thank you for saving my life, and for the food, but I have to go. I have ...Something I must do." She said to them.
"You're not going to try and kill those humans, are you?" Myth asked, standing up.
"Of course not." She said. "I just...Need to go talk to my boyfriend." She looked at them.
"Ok." Zala said, understanding what she meant. "Be careful, young one, until we meet again." He smiled at her.
"Until we meet again." She bowed, then switched to bird form and flew off.

She was in cat form, right outside of the house they shared. She switched to Night Elf form and pushed open to door. "Jake?" She said.
"Green?!" Jakes was sitting on the couch. "I thought you were dead! Those human came and reported that they killed you! Anduin was not happy at all." He said.
"I’m alive, thanks to some Horde." She said.
"Thank Alune!" He said. "Anduin and the others will be so happy!"
"No." She said. "You must not tell them."
"But, why?" Jake asked, standing up.
"Because...I’m not staying here...I just came to talk to you." She said, stepping inside and closing the door behind her. He motioned next to him, telling her to sit down. She sat next to him, and then sighed. "I’m sick of it." She said. "I’m sick and tired of giving these humans my trust and having them trying to kill me, or leave me for dead." She said. "Hell, with friends like these who needs enemies?!" She took a moment to calm herself. "I came here to ask you to come with me."
"Come with you to where?" Jake asked, sitting down and getting a sinking feeling that he knew where.
"To the only place where I'll be safe, to the only people I can trust will never betray me." She said. "To the...Twilights Hammer." She looked him right in the eye.
"No." He said quietly, looking at his hands.
"Please?" She said.
"No. I was already considered a monster once...I killed hundreds of innocent people...I won’t do that again, I won’t be on that side again." He stood up and walked to the window, staring at the night sky outside.
"Jake." She said, standing up and looking at him. "Please, Jake, I don’t want to go alone." She said, tears coming to her eyes.
"Then don’t go." He said simply, not looking at her.
"And what?" She said, getting mad. "Stay here so the good-for-nothing humans can just kill me whenever the hell they feel like it?!"
"You forget I’m a 'good-for-nothing' human!" He snapped back.
"You know I would never lump you in with the others." She said.
"And what about Anduin and John? Are they 'good-for-nothing humans'?" He said.
"Of course not!" She said, not believe that he asked such a thing. "But, 3 humans, and 2 Night Elf are not enough to protect me from the rest of the morons that seem to inhabit the Alliance." She said. "Don’t you want me to be safe? Don’t you want me to live somewhere where I don’t always have to watch my back?" She asked, her anger switching into sadness.
"I do, but..." He said. "I just can’t turn my back on the Alliance. And if that means no longer living with you, and having to fight against you, then so be it." He said, not looking at her. Green stood there, staring at him, feeling her heart break.
"I thought that, out of everyone, you would be the one person who understood...Who would stay with me no matter what..." She said.
"I guess not." He said, and she could tell this hurt him almost as much as it hurt her.
"Your mind is made up?" She asked.
"It is." He said.
"Then, good-bye Jake." She turned and opened the door. "Until we meet again..." She switched forms and disappeared into the night.
"Green!" He called, running to the door, but not seeing her anywhere. "Damn it!" He swore. "I should have convinced you to stay...I shouldn’t have let you go..." He started to cry.
Enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the next part~
She flew, and she didn’t stop. She didn’t care that she couldn’t see on this moonless night; that she couldn’t see past her tears. She didn’t care if she ran into something; if she was killed at that very moment...She didn’t care at all. Her heart was broken, into a million pieces. The one who she loved, with all her heart, who she thought would stick with her through thick and thin, would stay by her side no matter what was thrown at them, had turned her back on her...Had abandoned her.
Finally, as the sun started to rise, she forced herself to land in a tree. She switched to cat form, entered stealth, and laid there, shivering slightly. She had never felt as alone in the world as she did that day. She felt truly alone, like there was no one that she could run to, no one who would comfort her. She was always able to count on him, to go to him, to think about him, and now...All of that was gone, because of the one choice she made.
“There is still someone.” The voice said in her head.
“Who?” She said. “Who can I go to now? The Alliance would just kill me; the Horde would kill me, the Twilights Hammer...”
“Would not kill you. They would welcome you. Search for Fandral, and I promise you won’t regret the choice you made.” The voice said.
“Ok. But first, I need to rest...” And she fell to sleep.

Jake tore himself away from the door, and walked to the bathroom. He washed his face.
"I'll have to tell them in the morning." he whispered to himself. After washing his face, he walked to his bed at laid down to sleep. It felt as if he had just closed his eyes when the sun woke him up. Pushing himself out of bed, he dressed, and put on his armor. After eating a fast breakfast, he left the house. He met John on the way to the docks, and the two walked together, talking about random stuff. Once at the docks, Jake saw who he was hoping to see, Rin and Jin.
"Hi Jake, John!" Rin said, walking up to the two Death Knights.
"Can you guys come with me to the keep? I...Need to report something..." Jake said. "And I want you 3 there."
"Of course we can." Jin said.
"What’s wrong Jake?" Rin asked.
"I'll tell you guys at the keep..." Jake said, realizing the news of Greens "death" hadn’t left Stormwind yet. The 4 walked in silence, Rin, Jin, and John wondering about what Jake needed to report, Jake wondering about how best to report the news. Once at the keep, the 4 waited a little for their chance to talk with the King. It didn’t take long, since they were all close friends to Anduin. The 4 entered the room, seeing that Tyrande and Malfurion were there. 'Good.' Jake thought when he saw them.
"What is it you wish to report?" The King asked, and watched Jake as he explained everything, starting with what Green told them the night they got back from the mission and ending with what happened the night before.
"She doesn’t feel safe with the alliance anymore. She’s afraid that she would be killed if she stays with us. So...she left, and is going to him." Jake finished. After hearing the report, Malfurion turned and started to leave, stopping at the door to the room.
"I'll go find her; hopefully I'll be able to convince her to come back before she gets herself killed." He said, and then left the room. Once Malfurion was gone, the other 7 had a discussion about what they would do should Malfurion fail.

She opened her eyes, pushed herself to her feet, and stretched. The sun was high in the sky, and she felt as if she barely got 20 minutes of sleep. Lifting her nose to the air, she took a deep breath, trying to catch his sent. 'How am I supposed to talk to Fandral if I don’t know where he is?' She asked, but received no answer.
"Might as well start looking..." She mumbled to herself, switching to bird form. She looked around herself, making sure that she didn’t miss him below her, and then took to the air, flying high above the trees. An hour passed before she started to see signed of life in the forest. She saw black drakes, some of which watched her for a moment before turning and flying off. 'When I first met him, he had drakes like these with him.' She thought, and followed the drakes.
She could tell the Drakes knew she was following them, but they didn’t try to lose her. They even went so far as to slow down when she started to fall behind. 'Strange.' She thought to herself. 'Were they expecting me?' She slew down as she saw a break in the tree's appear, and saw the smoke from a camp fire.
She landed a little ways away from the clearing, and switched to cat form. 'He's here alright.' She thought to herself, catching his sent on the wind. She took a moment to prepare herself. 'One path will lead to more pain, one to less pain, and one to your death.' Her brother’s words echoed in her head. She shook her head to chase away the memory, and started to walk towards the clearing. She stopped at the edge of the clearing, and sat in the shade of a tree.
"I wondered when you would decide to show up.” Fandral said, looking right at her.
"You knew I would come?" She asked, looking at him.
"Deathwing told me you would come here, and ordered me to wait here for you." He said, motioning for her to come sit by the fire. "I wonder though, did you come to save us the trouble of having to hunt you down in order to kill you, or for some other reason?" He watched her. Pushing herself to her feet, Green slowly approached the fire, watching Fandral, and the drakes around her.
"For the later." She said, sitting down by the fire and wrapping her tail around her paws. "I’m...I’m sick of the alliance." She started. "It seems that, no matter what I do, or how hard I try, they abandon me, they betray me, they try to kill me. I’m sick of the humans." She pictured all the humans in her head who had ever hurt her, which was a lot, Jake being the last one. "Even the man I love, the one who I would give my life for, turned his back on me, abandoned me..." Her ears pressed sadly against her head.
"You finally see the truth." Fandral said, putting his hand on her back.
"Yes." She said. "With friends like the alliance, who needs enemies?" She looked at him. "Is it too late the change sides?" She asked.
"Of course not." Fandral said, smiling at her. "Deathwing and the Twilights hammer would be more than happy to accept you as one of their own. Anyone from your family is more than welcome to join."
"You know who my family is?" Green asked, looking him in the eyes.
"I do. Your parents were the most loyal of all of Deathwing's men. As well as some of the strongest." She looked up to the sky, and smiled.
"So I have a lot to live up to, eh?" She asked.
"You do, but I don’t think you'll have trouble." Fandral said. "Now rest, we will need to leave soon and need you to be strong for the flight.”
“Ok." She said, and started to walk back towards the tree, so that she could rest in its branched. She stopped as something occurred to her, and turned back towards Fandral. "What if someone comes looking for me?" She couldn’t help the chill that ran down her spine.
"There’s no need to worry. I have an army of 50 drakes with me, and more who could be here at a moment’s notice." Fandral said, looking from her to the drakes around the clearing, and then to the ones flying above the clearing.
"Ok." She said, and leapt onto the lowest branch in the trees. She laid down, and closed her eyes. 'It's strange.' She thought to herself. 'I feel safer now then I have in a long time.'
"You're too late." Fandral said, after Green had fallen to sleep. He was looking at the forest, seemingly at nothing. "She’s ours now. So leave, before I order my drakes to kill you." There was movement in the trees, then nothing. Fandral stood up and stretched after a minute, and then went to take a nap.

"It’s too late." Malfurion said, walking into the room, the other 7 still there. "She's with Fandral, I would have dragged her back if I could, but not even I could take on Fandral and 50 drakes alone and live to tell the tale.” The room fell silent, everyone lost in their own thoughts.
"This is all my fault..." Jake whispered to himself, fighting back the tears.
"We have to think of her as an enemy now." The King said.
"A very strong one." Tyrande said, and the group entered another discussion.
So, the update will be the last one for this story. Sadly, I don't have anymore to post as of yet, but I'm working on some. I really hope you guys have enjoyed it so far. So, I'll see you guys when I post the last part, which should be in the next couple of days. Anyways, enjoy~

Thank you, Tankperson!
Ëlfdragon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

And, here is the final update! Enjoy~
"Greendragon." A voice sounded in the darkness. "It is time." 2 green cat-like eyes appeared in the darkness.
"Yes, master." Her voice sounded. The voice of someone who had been through a lot, who had been hurt a lot. The cat jumped from the shelf, and walked to stand next to her master. To stand next to Deathwing.
"It is time for you to get your revenge. It’s time to pay back the Alliance...The humans, for all of the pain they put you through." He said.
"It's about time." She said, switching to Night Elf form. "You remember the plan?" She asked him.
"Of course." He said, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Are you sure this plan will work?"
"Of course. I know the alliance better than anyone else in the Twilights hammer, I know their weaknesses." She said as they started to walk towards the door.
"And that's one of the reasons you're my 2nd in command." He said. She stopped at the door, blinking as her eyes adjusted to the light. In the distance, she could see them, the army of the Alliance. 'Jake, John, Rin, Jin, Anduin...' She thought to herself, picturing them as she thought their name.
“It's time to end this.” She said. She heard the chatter of the Twilights Hammer who surrounded the temple, the sound of the drakes roaring to each other, all preparing for this fight...The final fight.
"It’s all or nothing." Deathwing said, before switching into his dragon form and flying off.
"Time to find out which one of the 3 path's I've chosen." Green said to herself, before switching to bird form and following after him.

"It's time." Jake said.
"Time to kill that bastard once and for all!" Jin said, standing next to his friend.
"Do you think Green will come back to us once Deathwing is dead?" Rin asked, looking at the Twilights Hammer army, looking for her friend.
"I don’t think so; she's probably too far gone now." John said. "It has been 2 years, after all. And we haven’t seen any trace of her, for all we know she’s dead."
"Don’t say that, John..." Jake said, also looking out at the army.
"Oh, sorry dude." John said.
"This is it!" The Kings voice called out, making the 4 friends turn around. "It's time to end Deathwing and his Twilights Hammer cultist. Let’s show him what happens when he messes with the Alliance. It’s time to teach him that he should fear the might of the Alliance!"
"For the Alliance!" Anduin called from where he stood next to his father. The army burst into cheers as the King and prince took their places in front of the army, and watched as Deathwing neared the front of his army.

"They seem confident." Deathwing noted, looking at the Alliance army as he flew to the front of his own.
"They always are. They think that, because they defeat Ragnaros twice, Illidan, and the Lich King, that they can defeat whatever Azeroth can throw at them." Green said, gliding alongside Deathwing.
"You should stop here if you don’t want to be noticed yet." Deathwing said, glancing at her.
"I know. I'll meet you up front." She said, before flying down and landing amongst the army. “This is it.” She said to herself, switching to cat form and entering stealth. “Time to get my revenge.” She could help but growl. “They'll all pay, for abandoning me all those times, for all the pain they put me through, for everything!” She broke into a run.

"I hope you guys have all said your good-byes!" Deathwing roared to the Alliance army as he landed in front of his army.
"It's time for you to pay. It’s time for you to answer for your crimes, to answer for all of the pain you've caused." Varian said, glaring at Deathwing, who just smirked.
"No." A voice sounded from seemingly nowhere. "It's time for YOU to pay. For all of the pain YOU put ME through!" A blue cat unstealthed next to Deathwing, her green eyes blazing. "For all of the times you so-called Alliance abandoned me, for all of the pain you humans put me though, for all the times you almost killed me, or almost got me killed." She snarled, tail lashing. "You. Will. All. Pay!" She dug her claws into the ground, as the rage started to fill her. Her raged increased as she saw him. "Jake..." The name came out as a pure snarled. 'He'll pay for abandoning me when I needed him most, but the others...John, Rin, Jin, Anduin, the ones who have never harmed me, never done me wrong, I will spare them.'
She roared as Deathwing started the battle, and charged in; ripping whatever Alliance she could get her claws on to shreds. Half an hour pasted, and she paused to rest. She looked around her, at the bodies of the many Alliance who now wish they had never crossed her path. Her memory suddenly shot back in time, to the night her family was killed.
"Stop that." She snarled to herself, shaking her head. "This is different! They all deserved it!" She looked at them again, most of the humans she didn’t recognize. Her memory once again returned to that night. 'This is wrong. These guys have never harmed you.' A voice, that had replaced her Father’s voice a year ago, said. "No, all humans have wronged me!" She snarled. 'No, only a handful has.' The voice said. "You're wrong! They ALL have!" She snarled back to herself. "They shall all pay!" She charged once again into the mass of the fighting armies. She froze when she caught his scent.
"Him..." She snarled quietly, and turn towards where his scent was coming from. "You." She said when she got to him. The Twilights hammer around moved away, giving the two plenty of space.
"Greendragon." He said, watching her, a strange pain in his eyes.
"Jake." She said. 'You can’t kill him, you still love him!' The voice said. 'Just watch me!' she snarled at the voice. "It’s funny. How we would meet like this." She said, starting to walk around him, in a circle, her tail lashing slightly. "How I will be the one to end you."
"Green, stop this!" A Moonkin said, running and standing next to Jake.
"Yes, before it's too late!" Rin appeared, taking her place next to Jake.
"Come back to us." John said, landing on his bone gryphon next to Jake. Jake looked up at his 3 friends, and smiled.
"Yes, Greendragon, please stop this. Come back to us." Anduin appeared near the edge of the circle.
"Stay out of this!" She said. "This is only between me and Jake. So the rest of you just stay out of it!" She had stopped walking.
"No." Rin said, casting a heal on Jake.
"No." Jin said.
"No." John said, taking a defensive stance, ready to defend his friend.
"No." Anduin said, coming to stand by his friends, and putting a shield on them all.
"We will not abandon each other." Rin said.
"One of you will. One of you already abandoned someone, when they needed him the most." Green said.
"And I've regretted that since the moment it happened." Jake said, taking a step towards her. "I've always regretted what I did that night. Wish that I had convinced you to stay."
"Liar." She said, watching him. 'He's not lying, and you know it.' The annoying voice said.
"Green...I still love you." Jake said. "And I always will love you, no matter what. I want you back; I want you to come back to me...Please." He said, and she could hear the sorrow in his voice.
"It's too late." She said simply, hearing his approach. "Rin, Jin, John, Anduin. This is your last chance. Leave now and live, stay here and get killed."
"We're not leaving." The 4 said at the same time.
"Very well then." She said, as Deathwing landed behind her. She let out a roar, and charged. 15 minutes passed, and only Jake was left standing, the other 4 out cold. "It's over." She said, pining Jake to the ground. She went for the finishing blow, but her paw froze inches from his neck, and she couldn’t make it move. 'You can’t kill him. You still love him too much.' The voice said. 'You're wrong!' She said to the voice. 'I am not wrong, and you know it.' It replied. 'Your...right...I still love him, just as much as I did all those years ago.' She thought, feeling as if a spell had been lifted.
She looked up, at all of the bodies around the area, she looked at her friends, all out cold, she looked at her paws, covered in the blood of countless Alliance, who had never wronged her, who probably never even knew her! 'What have I done...?’ She thought.
"What have I done...?” She whispered.
"Do I have you back now?" Jake asked, noticing the change in her eyes. "Is my beautiful wife back?" He coughed slightly.
"I...I am." She said, backing off of him.
"I’m glad." He said, pushing himself into a sitting position.
"What are you doing? Finish him!" Deathwing asked from behind her, she having forgotten that he was there. She turned towards him, and glared at him.
"I was blinded. By my own rage at the Alliance. You've helped in blinding me. You fed my rage, making it stronger. But now I can see again. Now I understand." She closed her eyes for a moment, and then opened them, her eyes once again blazing, only with different power this time. She glanced behind her as she heard movement, seeing that all her friends were now awake, and getting to her feet. "I've done so much stupid shit in the past 2 years. I'll never be able to fully pay for all of the pain I've caused. I can, at least, do this one act, to start trying to earn back the trust that I’ve destroyed over the years." She looked up at him.
"So, you’re turning on me? Is that it?" Deathwing said.
"I am. I now see that I should have never turned to the Twilights Hammer for protection and comfort. I'm not like the rest of my family, and I shouldn’t have thought that what made them happy would make me happy in the long run." Her friends walked up, now all standing alongside the druid, watching Deathwing.
"Then, you shall die with the ones that you think are your friends." Deathwing roared and launched his attack. Even after being apart for 2 years, Green fell back into the normal position that she was in whenever the 6 fought together. Anduin quickly casted a bubble on everyone, and Rin casted a heal. The fight went on for half an hour, many alliance soldiers joining in to help take out Deathwing.
"It's over..." Green said, looking at the dragon. He was covered in his own blood, once of his eyes was closed, he was no longer able to see in it.
"Heh. It would appear so..." Deathwing said, feeling his life slip away. "But I’m not going out alone." Deathwing said, aiming a fatally strong blow at Jake, who happened to be the closest target.
"Jake!" Green roared. Switching to bear form, she threw herself in front of the blow moments before it hit, and was thrown a ways before she landed on the ground with a soft thud.
"Green!" Rin, Jin, John, and Anduin called out, running to her side.
"Greendragon!" Jake called out, rushing to her side.
"Heh..." She said weakly as her friends got to her. "Guess, even in bear form, I wasn’t strong enough to survive that blow." She coughed, some blood coming out.
"Don’t say that!" Rin said, as she and Anduin started to try to heal her.
"Don’t waste your energy." Green said. "All of my ribs are broken, both lungs are punchered. If I don’t bleed to death, I'll soon drown in my own blood." She painfully switched to her Night Elf form so she could smile at her friends.
"Don’t talk like that. You're the only person I know with such a strong will to survive, I know you can pull through this." Anduin said, tears coming to his eyes and he began to cast his healing spells faster.
"Not even I can live through this." She said, as Jake sat down next to her and put her head in his lap.
"You have to pull through this, Green...Please, I need you." He said.
"Thank you Jake." She said after a couple moments of silence. "You opened my eyes, pulled me out of the darkness that I’ve been in for so long." It was quiet again for a moment, none of her friends able to find something they wanted to say. "I guess this isn’t that bad." She said, sensing that her time was close. "I've taken so many lives today. What better way to pay for them, then by taking Deathwing's life, and then my own?" She coughed again, some blood appearing on her lip.
"Green, please don’t do this, please don’t leave us." Jin said, casting what weak heals he could.
"Please." John said, placing his hand on her arm and trying to slow the flow of her blood by making it colder. She closed her eyes, as she shivered in pain.
"You shouldn’t have...You should have let him kill me..." Jake said, starting to cry. "I have already died once, but I was brought back. Now there’s no one to bring you back. You should have just let him kill me! I’m supposed to be dead anyways!" Jake said.
"No." She said, thinking about all of the people she had killed in the past 2 years. "You deserve to live more than I do. You have more to live for then I do." She smiled at him, full of love for him. "And plus, I probably would have been executed anyways..." She said. "Don’t mourn me... don’t remember me as what I am now...Remember me as what I was 5 years ago...Jake, remember me as I was when we first met..." She felt herself slipping away.
"Don’t say that, don’t do this." Jake begged.
"Don’t leave us, please, Green." Anduin said.
"Don’t leave us." The other 3 said.
"I’m sorry..." She said. "I would stay...if I could..." Rin, Jin and Anduin stopped healing her, knowing it was pointless to continue. "I will...Miss you...All...But I will...Always watch...Over you..." Green said, as her eyes close. Her friends watched as she took one last, trembling breath, and then slipped into darkness, never to see the light again.
The 5 friends didn’t listen as the King called for everyone to have a moment of silence for all of the men and women lost that day. After the moment of silence, the group dispersed, everyone going off to find friends and loved one. The 5 remained there, the only friend and/or loved one that they lost being Green.
"Do you think she'd want to be buried with her family?" Rin finally asked.
"I...I don’t know." Jake said, tearing his eyes from her face.
"At least she...died with a smile on her face." Anduin said. "I need to go, my father will expect me to go around and check on people with him." He said, turned, and left.
"Let's bury her with her family." Jin said. "Do you want to carry the body, Jake?"
"Yes." Jake said, mounting his proto-drake, and placing Green's body on his lap, so he could be sure she wouldn’t fall. Without another word, the 4 left, and flew off into the sun set, towards Jake's and Green's old home.

After that day, Green was never forgotten. She was remembered as the Druid who could seemingly live through everything, who made a lot of mistakes in her life, but paid for all of them in the ultimate way. She paid for them with the life of Deathwing, and with her own life. Some see her as an enemy, some as a hero. Some see her as a role model, swearing to never turn their back on their friends, to always defend them no matter what. Some even pray for her, hoping that she found peace in the afterlife. Jake and the others never forgot her; always remembered that she was watching over them, protecting them.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this. I'll post my next story once I finish with it. Which might not be for a while. I really lack any motivation to write right now. Focused to much on my school work. But I will try to set aside some time in the week for writing.Anyways, I really hope you guys have enjoyed these stories! Until next time!~
P.S. A note about this part, when I rote it (I wrote this story soon after Cata hit) I was reeeeeaaaaaally tempted to make Green survive in the end. I mean, really tempted. I spent 2 days debating about letting her survive. But I finally decided to go with my original plan, which was her getting killed by Deathwing. I am in the process of trying to write at least 1 alternate ending, maybe 2 (to show what would happen if she chose different paths, cause there was 3~)

Thank you, Tankperson!
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Well I hope you get the chance to write more soon. I always enjoy your stories!