Attempting to Get Back Into Art

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Attempting to Get Back Into Art

Unread post by Varethyn »

More dabbling, this time more fanart for Marriland of his Miltank from his current Pokémon Ultra Sun casual stream. Her name is Moozma, starting as a joke cos of the Team Skull leader, Guzma (only funny depending on how you pronounce it) but has since proven to be one of his most capable team members. I couldn't help but envision her in one of Guzma's poses so I tossed on his goggles and a custom medallion and, well. Here she is, destruction in cow form. Big bad Moozma is here! (Caution, max size is fairly big.)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

That's cute

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Omg how cute- I've always had a weird soft spot for Miltank, and I really love the pose and expression!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Vare, that is adorable and awesome! I love Miltank and you seem to have captured that person's character so wonderfully. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun drawing her :) Marriland just showed it on stream and now I'm all flustered xD

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Free Hugs

Would you hug Vare? :3

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That's super cute! And absolutely I'd hug Vare! :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Thats adorable.. I defo hug Vare :hug: You should make a webcomic in that style ! I would soooo read your adventures!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So cute! I'd totally hug-ah-Vare! Ca'mere you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Adorable comic style Vare! I love it. :D
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks guys, glad you like it! Vare's embarrassed but appreciates the hugs :hug:
Heh, don't know about doing a webcomic but I might use this style for other comic-like pieces I do.

That is, if my tablet still worked. *Sigh* I was planning on doing a full pic of Vare for you guys tomorrow but I've had some weird computer issues lately which cause the machine to freeze at random intervals. Each time I think I fix it, it happens again and one of the attempts to fix it caused the driver to stop working properly. Either it claims not to be running or the tablet doesn't function properly - touch sensitivity is gone, it thinks I'm clicking when I tap the pen and some functions are mapped to the wrong buttons. Reverting to default does nada. I just spent over 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling drivers... No dice. I'm planning on doing a reformat of the computer cos I'm dead sick of it but it does mean no Valentines pic of Vare for those who wanna hug him :(

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

*Dusts off thread.* Wow, over a year since I posted anything here, huh. I have still been doing some art things but nothing's been worth posting so... yeah.

BUT! I have decided now to work on a fun project, something I have never done ever. I've not felt this motivated to try something in years and have wanted to do something like this for a long, long time. I am attempting, for the first time, animation! Inspired by this video I am attempting to recreate it using an Auction House Dance Party theme and using personal characters and those of people I used to RP with. It's going to take a long time to finish but heck I'm prepared for that and currently have all the time in the world to work on it.

The full rough video isn't finished yet, nor do I know the best way to upload and link to it here even if it were, but the program I use has a GIF functionality so I thought it would be fun to share a few snippets in that way. Please let me know if it is too distracting and I'll either lessen the amount of GIFs or else find a better way to share these.

I hope you like them! Please remember this is the first time I've tried something like this and these are super, super rough WIPs. Criticism is very much welcome, but try not to complain about how clunky and messy they are. And if the owners of the characters decide you'd rather I not do this or use your characters, or otherwise have a better idea of where to put them, please please please let me know!

Glix and Karzix (Kamalia)

Squires and Elevander (BrickWall)

Myrianna and Swift (Serendipity82)

Nailah (Mine)

Threnaad and Zaruuk (Moonlost)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh good process for now. I would maybe slow down the horses kick just a tiny bit and make the kick hit the butt for more dramatic effect? And maybe switch the leg the horse kick with so it's the closest legs which do the kicking?
Love the fox moves! ! :headbang:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Like this? :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup! ! Better! :)

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Love the buttkick version ;D
Before it was more like OH GOD HIS SPINE IS GONE
Now its a little less "OUCH" looking xD

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bowno wrote:Love the buttkick version ;D
Before it was more like OH GOD HIS SPINE IS GONE
Now its a little less "OUCH" looking xD
Heh yeah. Plus the right leg is kicking him now. Before it was anatomicly impossible. Great workover Varethyn. Next tiny thing my eyes noticed is the braided ponytail tucking dance. I have yet to find a picture where the ponytail is not noticable from the front (i looked at a lot of photos! ) . Hard to see with out slower motions but I think her horns change places when she is at the lowest point of the yanking. .

Does this make sense?

Also feels hard to give critque when I can't do these wonderful things myself. . Wish I had talent but I dont. You do Varethyn and I hope it's ok to notice small things :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I think my first thought when animating Squires' kick was "I'm right-handed so right is right, right?". In short I'mma derp. Thank you both for correcting me on that! :hug:

As for visual inconsistencies, it's to be expected. I'm only putting in enough detail to loosely show who/what the characters are meant to be/doing and will be ultimately fixed in the final versions. That said I am willing to change a few things up to make it easier to follow when posting these gifs :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh no worries I know this is a work in progress so did not know how much I wanted to notice .. I got mild ocd so I tend to notice stupid little things :P The new version with the right kick is really good hun :D

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Gonna start dumping my RimCraft assets in here.

Horse side-by-side

Hawkstrider rainbow