Inay art

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: Inay art

Unread post by Inay »

I am productive again /o/

Trying the colors on that.

I played again with some friends I hadn't played with for some time, so Memories! Naltheras is Narmë (one-eyed belf) ex-husband (because he's dead-dead now, they wed when he already was a Death Knight) and Asrak was a friend of them.

Narmë and Ymerawdwr (Yem) traveled together in Northrend for some weeks, and both have uh... shitty events in their path and a tendency to have nightmares.

Couldn't sleep this night so eh, time to be productive and illustrate some RP?
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Dropping in quickly to say I love your art!! The colours you use are gorgeous. The one with Narmë and Yem at night, in particular, definitely made me pause and take a moment to really appreciate the different colours and the whole atmosphere :D I don't know many fancy art words so it just comes down to 'very nice, I like these a lot, and I look forward to seeing more' :'D
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Thank you very much. <3 I would like to keep working more on ambiance like I did on the bad dream one or the serie of sketchs.

Nothing to show this time, I just did a joke-sketch after a conversation.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I have shown these two already, but I liked them so they are on their own files now:

A warm-up sketch this morning, what if Narmë had an occasion to rock some make-up.

And a try before maybe a more ambitious piece:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

More ambience and glowy pieces, I love it~ Your art is looking so good! I can't wait to see what your more ambitious piece is, as well :D
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I just did a small plan for the lady's house.

I do very neat plans. *coughs*
Last edited by Inay on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Didn't had time to work on that big piece I want. Mostly because I'm block somewhere between "I know what I want, but I have no idea how to get there". I did some other stuffs in the meantime.

Event with Narmë new guild, where they fought... that. (I have been lazy with the elves, but I mostly wanted the ambiance)
Last edited by Inay on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Something I never paid attention to until now are the way you draw ears? I feel like Blood Elf ears in particular are bordering onto short in comparison to what they could be and I love seeing that you've made them long and slender and more fitting for the Blood Elves as a whole :) Also, as always, love the ambience in that last piece~
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I mean, what's the point of having long ears if you don't have Long Ears? :D I'm also partisan of expressive ears that move!
Thank you for the last piece. <3 I'm very happy of the monster.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Not much recently.

Narmë joined an unit of Dragonhawks riders, and bonded with her own: Vestige.

The two got assigned a Handler as well.

And finally a friend took a commission for another friend, so here a terrible Warlock coming from the paaaast:

[Edit] I just finished a small reference sheet for Narmë so here it is.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I wanted to do a gift for someone I play with. I'm leaving for the week-end and did not had time to finish, but it will be in color in the end! (Normally? If I don't lose faith) I'm happy with what I've done for now!
Narmë, somehow, befriended the grumpiest of the Nightbornes. They are bonding over books.

This is canon, Narmë read romance novels to her dragonhawk. In Suramar's language because why not?
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Your art is so good!
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Thank you!
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I don't have much time (nor motivation) to draw recently, but I don't like letting this topic going without updates for too long, so there's some sketches?

It's still the grumpy Nightborne from a previous picture; Narmë and he are starting to be really good friends, and she invited him home once or twice. Problem: there's a cat, and Sarroch intensely dislike cats.
(So of course the cat go on him to sleep.)

Speaking of the cat, some interractions between Narmë and Tybalt. He's a good cat, just a little talkative sometimes.

And the sketchiest sketch to ever sketch; Narmë sleeping and becoming a hair monster. (The bracelet is a gift from Sarroch, she's not removing it apart perhaps to bath.)
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Two hair 'rings' clasps, gifted in roleplay to someone.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

It is that time again!

A few of her unit's dragonhawks. Cloudkisser is a baby, Longfellow would be a 'teenager' and Sunspear is an old man!
With a size reference for those hawks!

Updated character sheet of Narmë, since she have won a few new scars.

A month ago, Narmë have won her Ace name; you earn this when you get 10 air-to-air kills. Those nicknames are a bit mocking, and only other aces are allowed to use them. Hers is "Kilrogg" (what with her being one eyed); her commandant reminded her to wear it in pride, as she was the first flier in the history of the escadrille to get the Ace statue while missing an eye from the start. (She is pretty proud of that)

Art trade with another flier of their character.

You remember Sarroch, the grumpiest Nightborne certainly? I finally finished this portrait of him with bloom petals in his hair; it was a roleplay scene where they were... eh, kind of meditating, enjoying the calm under a blooming tree and I liked the image.

And finally, just because I can:
Not a reference to any RP or anything. I just liked the idea of a mascarade where each flier would wear the colors of their dragonhawk and so here's Narmë with Vestige's colors.
Natalen

Unread post by Natalen »

I'm impressed. It looks really cool. I used to be into drawings, too, but I gave it up.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Forgot to pass here in a while; thank you! :D You should pick it up again if you have time to do so, practice is the only way to get better in that. ^^

I think I am finally happy with that portrait and will stop toying with it. It looks like one of those side portrait medallion, and even if it wasn't on purpose I like it very much.

I was drawing something else entirely, and while searching for poses, I've tried the one on the far left; it didn't do for what I was doing, but it was nice for a dancer. And I missed drawing dancers. So I transformed my Sylvari dancer character into a Nightborne, and here we go! I think I'm done with dance again for a little while now, but I'm pretty happy with those sketch. (For the NB character, she was an exotic dancer in Suramar that Narmë -my one eyed belf- met during her time there.)

Sarroch is still not my character but I like him much, so when a friend and I defied each others into drawing a gentleman in corset, I choose him. (Also, I do not have a nice male character at the moment, so it helps.)
And well, that suits him so well.

A quick sketch of my own Nightborne warlock, Dalamée.

A friend pushed me into doing a small RP in the Pillar of Eternity universe; Moeid here is a pale elf (I like elves, okay?) druid who can transform into a leopard seal.

Was feeling bad last night so hey, cats sketches. (Tybalt, the tabby, and Sebby, the black.)
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »