Yoruko's art thread [very image heavy]

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Yoruko's art thread [very image heavy]

Unread post by Yoruko »

I've had a good time looking through everyone's art threads which is why I wanted to start my own here on the forums too. I think I'll only post WoW related things here since I'd think those interest you guys the most. :) I already have too many general art accounts all over the internet anyways. It's hard to keep up really. u_u

Here's some recent things to start off with: (Nevermind my tumblr watermark there.. I cross posted these.)
Devilsaur! I'm not sure which colour he'll be if I end up colouring it. (White or green is most probable though.. :lol: )

Warp stalker. Surprising enough? I'm already colouring it with the "black" texture in photoshop.

Some kind of unfinished digital painting thing. I don't know if I'll ever finish it.

And now! Because I've been playing WoW on and off ever since the final beta.. there's some very old bits from over the years. I wanted to put them up here just to embrace the nostalgia. :D
I think this is the FIRST World of Warcraft fanart I ever did. Somewhere in 2003-2004 I think? Aww... look at the old thing. Where are your facial features!?

Then, somewhere in 2005 I had a brief time when I roleplayed a troll shaman and drew lots of art of him.

I think this is from around 2007 featuring my hunter as a little babby and her old blue-ponytail look to which I converted her back to just a few days ago when I finished my Skoll-mog. Also featured one of my oldest pets ever: Kamaru the red raptor. I remember running all the way to durotar to tame one when I hit lvl 10. I knew I wanted a red raptor with my blue haired hunter because those two are my favorite colours. I still have him!

So, there you go. Some new things and some old things for starters. :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Yoruko's art thread [very image heavy]

Unread post by Vephriel »

Eee, look at all the lovely dinos and reptiles! <3 I love your stylization of the warpie. :)

You have wonderful artwork, I'd love to see more from you. :D
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Yoruko »

Vephriel wrote:Eee, look at all the lovely dinos and reptiles! <3 I love your stylization of the warpie. :)

You have wonderful artwork, I'd love to see more from you. :D
Aww, thank you very much! Yeah I wanted to give the warp stalker really big horns and paws. Make it a bit cartoony, maybe. :) Oh, also on the topic of that warp stalker:

Painted it!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Eee, gorgeous!!! Beautiful colour choices, I like the darker green shade you went with rather than the yellow-hued one on the model. :)
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Yoruko »

Vephriel wrote:Eee, gorgeous!!! Beautiful colour choices, I like the darker green shade you went with rather than the yellow-hued one on the model. :)
Hee, thank you! Yeah I like to sort of see the stripe colour as a bit more to green than yellow because I'm used to having this skin on my goblin hunter's pet and her skin is so very green. :D It really depends a lot on the environment too though. In some places Gezz's stripes look very toxic green! I just hope I'm not annoying anyone with taking some artistic freedom. Hah!

Oops.. I might've made it into my new signature all of a sudden.
Last edited by Yoruko on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Wow, I love your rendition of Gezz! :hug: You have such a neat style, and the textures and the glowing eyes on the painted version are really excellent.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Such lovely art! :D Yee!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr