Spirit Beast Story.

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Spirit Beast Story.

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

This didn't happen to me. (yet)
But I was there and it happened to a hunter friend of mine. [Wall of Text] crushes for 10k damage.
I was flying around Sholazar Basin mining ore and keeping an eye out for the elusive Loque. I finally gave up and decided to go ore hunting in Icecrown, as I was flying north I saw what I first thought to be a wolf. Now why would a wolf be in Sholazar? After a double take I realized it was Loque. ZOMG! I quickly contacted my hunter friend who immediately took the flight path to the Basin.
I stayed there watching Loque,hopping that the ally who kept flying around wouldn't notice. After what seemed like forever she was finally there. Yay! I'm excited for her cause I'd been out looking for Loque every night for weeks, hoping to see him. So she begins taming him everything is going smoothly when suddenly Loque is dying,dying,dead. Were standing there going WTF?! A rogue had come out of nowhere and killed Loque. Sadly he's horde as well so ganking is out of the question. We were in shock, as well as pissed off. And theres nothing we could do about it.
A few weeks go by and she messages me saying "I found him!" Stupid me I'm like who? I get called silly and some other weird thing like a ninny. Turns out she found Loque again out by the gorillas and managed to tame him. Yay! I could stop searching finally! On to finding Skoll!
I'm sure once my hunter is finally out in Northrend something like this will happen to me. :P
I'm not THAT lucky. (even though I got time-lost AND the green proto drake within 5 hours of each other.It was fluke I swear)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Spirit Beast Story.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Man, I don't understand why people can't just leave a hunter be if they've camped an area or are taming a potential pet. People can be jerks :(

But I'm glad your friend got him! And I know what you mean about keeping an eye out, I look for Skoll all the time for my hunter friend juuuust in case on my rogue haha.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

The thing to do is to ALWAYS shoot an arrowhead into tha' beasti first, so even if some evil Rogue turns up and starts'a killin', ya get the phat lewt.

I learnt' this the hard way...

I lost out on both an übercool pet (Skoll), and his loot. Darned paladins...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

We got the lewtz but not the achiv. /cry
Still was the WTFH?!?!?! o.O of the year.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I thought that Blizz now made it, that a mob is locked to you as soon as you aggroed it.
Since taming make the mob attack you, it should be locked to you.

Or am I wrong here?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

No, they still tag when to the guy they take damage from first, so if ya tame, and somebody comes and sticks a knife in his back, the mob is his.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I know the pain of having someone else kill a pet that I've been in the middle of taming...for me though it was an incident in Stormwind when I came across the "Sewer Beast" and someone thought that cuz my health was going down they'd "Save me"...Needless to say, after the incident, and a report of it into trade chat, this warrior had so many hunters coming down on him, that he either deleted himself or left the server.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Makoes wrote:I know the pain of having someone else kill a pet that I've been in the middle of taming...for me though it was an incident in Stormwind when I came across the "Sewer Beast" and someone thought that cuz my health was going down they'd "Save me"...Needless to say, after the incident, and a report of it into trade chat, this warrior had so many hunters coming down on him, that he either deleted himself or left the server.
I got that too. Some guy decided to be nice, and as I was doing the "Taming the Beast" quests on Toshi, I would start taming, the moron would show up, kill the mob, I'd just move on and take the next one, but alas, he killed that one too. So I did /slap at him, and started my final tame, but he killed that one too. And since the taming rod only has three uses, I had to run back from Ghostlands to Farstrider Retreat. But after some flaming in /w, he said "soz, i thought i was helping u."

The same guy later decided to kill the Lynx I was taming...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Makoes wrote:I know the pain of having someone else kill a pet that I've been in the middle of taming...
Yeah, same. Has happened with Krush. Ironically, the person was a hunter. But alliance, and when I talked to them, they said they had no idea I was trying to tame him. Now, I usually don't have anger towards ignorance, but when people act on it and have no idea of the implications... :roll:
Last edited by Ryno on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

I've only ever had a problem once when I was out taming. I had rolled a male orc, mostly for the purpose of "getting to know a character" for a bit of writing, but mostly because I love the hunter taming quests and I have rolled an orc before.

So there was Rovas, all of level 10, diligently working on his last tame, a scorpion. We spotted the creature, began the tame, and out of nowhere, alliance something or another kills the scorp. Being level 10, I had no way of telling her to buzz off, so I found another scorp and again began to tame. Again, she kills it and pats me on the head. Now I'm an easy going sort, so I /sigh at her and decide to go and kill random things until she tires of me and goes away. She "helps" me kill some boars, but remains close. I almost decide to flirt with her, or something and then decide that I am low on arrows and so head to Razor Hill. I waited a few minutes and then ran to another spot where the right scorps are found and got my tame in.

Her efforts were only slightly annoying. But I feel for those who have had far more malicious or ignorant people interrupt an important tame. Such things should never happen, not to anyone.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Ryno wrote:
Makoes wrote:I know the pain of having someone else kill a pet that I've been in the middle of taming...
Yeah, same. Has happened with Krush. Ironically, the person was a hunter. But alliance, and when I talked to them, they said they had no idea I was trying to tame him. Now, I usually don't have anger towards ignorance, but when people act on it and have no idea of the implications... :roll:
Man...now I can understand somebody accidentally killing a tame pet if they haven't played a hunter class and don't understand it. But if you're a hunter, you'd think you'd know by the time you're in your late 70's wandering around Sholazar what a 'tame beast' animation looks like. There are no floating hearts attacks ANYwhere else in the game. :P

I guess I've just been lucky. I don't think I've ever had any tames stolen from me. The closest was when we kept driving off Alliance hunters for Humar a week ago, and we had a dozen plans to deal with it. Even when I tamed Loque, I was completely alone before, during, and after the tame, even after putting out a call that I'd found him!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Reminds me of a time, when I tried to help some alliance hunter (RL-Friend actually) to tame Echeyakee.
There was an orc warrior shouting "No horde beasts for the alli hunters!" and killed the white lion everytime I spawned it and my friend started taming it.
I don't know how often I'd been running back to Crossroads to get that horn again. *sigh* We both had to stop, set the alarm clock to 4 in the morning and then (successfully) try again.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Karathyriel wrote:Reminds me of a time, when I tried to help some alliance hunter (RL-Friend actually) to tame Echeyakee.
There was an orc warrior shouting "No horde beasts for the alli hunters!" and killed the white lion everytime I spawned it and my friend started taming it.
I don't know how often I'd been running back to Crossroads to get that horn again. *sigh* We both had to stop, set the alarm clock to 4 in the morning and then (successfully) try again.
That's almost as bad as what happened to us on Nesingwary...

Had some orc hunter and warrior hanging near Echey's spot. So me and a few guildies are waiting on another to show up. We think "We'll help this orc, he looks like he wants to tame Echey." So, me being a druid, I cast hibernate on Echey. Soon after, the warrior is attacked by another lion. He thunderclaps.

Echey breaks out of sleep, and attacks the warrior. The orc tries to tame (but it doesn't work, since it's on the warrior). So then we tell the warrior to attack Echey. He does, but he does until it dies. Then both blame us for messing it up. They say my sleep made the lion attack the warrior, and interrupt the tame.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Blargh, don't even get me started on that Orc and his warrior. -_- They were so rude! Even afterwards I went into detail about what happened and offered to help him with his tame, and both him and the warrior basically yelled a bunch of insults and then blocked me.

Ah well, their loss. :P