[IMG HEAVY] Aela Art---Commissions are OPEN!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

[IMG HEAVY] Aela Art---Commissions are OPEN!

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'm not sure how often I'll be using this, since I don't often draw my wow characters. But I sketched Dona last night, and I wanted to share! Sorry for the horrible phone camera quality. u_u

EDIT: If you are interested in commissioning me, please send an email to: bm445@nau.edu! We can discuss prices there. <:

Last edited by Aeladrine on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Aela Art

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Looks good and pffft it does not need to be WoW related to go on here. If it is I've been going agaisnt that rule since day one :lol:
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Heh. Thanks! And if that's the case, I may post some more things here. u_u

Sort of related: If anyone would like to join an OCT that I am a moderator of, will you please look at Amarantos? We're a steampunk group, and art from me will be one of the prizes. Also we're cool. Super cool. The coolest.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Welp, let's get some other art up in here! These have been done for a while, and can all be found on my tumblr. Here they are, in order from oldest to newest.

The abra was a ten minute doodle, but it's still one of my favourite pieces of art I've done. u_u
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I actually have commissions open right now! Copy and pasted from a thread on another forum:

"I know commissions with real money aren't terribly popular here, but I need some money! So I'm offering three types of commissions.

Headshots! Headshots will be five dollars (USD), and will be done very, very quickly! My style is simple, and you should get your art within 48 hours of ordering it, provided nothing comes up in my life. In that case, I will notify you, and work to get it to you as quickly as possible!

Simple Pokemon! Many people who follow my art on deviantart and tumblr are fond of pokemon; if you have one you'd like me to draw, a simple seven dollars (USD) should do the trick! Depending on the pokemon, however, I may ask you for a bit more money. This will not go above fifteen dollars (USD); some pokemon are simply very difficult to draw, and are worth more than seven dollars.

Chunky Cheeb! Though simple, these cost a full ten dollars (USD), thanks to the fact that they are full body characters.

These prices are subject to change depending on the complexity of the character. I will discuss prices with each commissioner separately.

I do not have much practice drawing furries or nudity, but I am willing to try either. I will not, however, draw sexual scenes.

I have a significant amount of practice drawing clothing from the Victorian Era. I am also practiced in drawing medieval clothing, steampunk styled clothing, and various other things.

Though this is my simplest style, I am perfectly capable of drawing more complex things. You may see more of my art here. If you see something there that you like, but is not offered here, please feel free to send me a note! I'm more than happy to try and work something out with you.

You may get in contact with me in this thread, through notes, through an ask on tumblr, or at bm445@nau.edu.

Thank you for your time!"
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Aela Art {Commission are OPEN!}

A series of WIPs, because I really like this piece (commissions like this are also open, and I will determine the price after I finish this one).

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: [IMG HEAVY] Aela Art---Commission are OPEN!

Sorry for the spam tonight! I finished the piece, and it only took me... 3 1/2 hours, haha. By my usual pricing, these should cost $35! But I don't really feel comfortable charging that for a headshot, so I'm currently just taking offers for them! If you want one, please refer to above. u_u

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So I have to write a novella for one of my senior level classes. Though it's not at all WoW related, would you guys like to see parts of it?
• Aela's Pet Journal

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I will say yes. So yes I guess!
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, I might as well stick some of it here, then.
She runs through the forest, feet tripping over rocks and twigs and she turns her head, looking back at the creature running after her. It is tall, too tall, and vaguely human in shape, though its lanky limbs are stretched, long even for its tall body. It is slow, though, and looks around, sniffing in the air for her even though she is not far in front of it. Its oily skin, black and iridescent, slides and drips off its frame as it raises its head to the wind. There is no face there, only a bubbling mess, and the girl suddenly realizes that it can’t see her.
She careens to a stop, grabbing a small rock from the ground as she does so. A few small, quiet steps, trained from years of being forced to hunt for her own food, and she is away from the spot. The creature jumps, landing where she had just been, and attacks the forest floor.
The girl holds her breath, though it’s not a conscious decision, and waits. Surely it’ll realize soon that she isn’t there. When it does, it will either move towards her, or away. If it chooses the first, there is no time for her to run. It will be on her in moments, and though the creature is featureless, she fears the sort of mouth it may have.
She glances down at the rock in her hand, and almost lets out a sigh. She barely catches it, grip tightening on the rock again. It’d worked in the past to draw out deer and birds while she hunted, the noise startling them and making them run. Maybe this time the noise would encourage the creature to think she was somewhere she wasn’t.
Still holding her breath, she pulls her arm back and tosses the rock. It hits a tree a ways away, clunking against it and bouncing off into the dead leaves that pepper the ground.
The creature stops its movements, holding itself still. Then, quicker than she has seen it move before, it launches itself after the noise, screeching in delight. It leaves oily streaks in its wake, bits of its soggy flesh clinging to the trees.
The girl finally lets herself breathe. They’re deep, gasping breathes, and a few small sobs find their way out, as well. She runs her hand through her hair, brown and choppily short, and closes her eyes, trying to calm herself.
“Come on, Harry. It’s gone. You’re fine. Just breathe.” Her words come out in a quiet whisper, and her shoulders shake as she says it. “Pull yourself together. Your pack’s back at the camp, girl. How do you expect to win this thing if you don’t even have your pack?”
She rubs the back of her hand across her face, streaking dirt over her nose as she sniffles. Then she straightens, sniffling one final time, and faces the direction she’d come from. It’s easy to tell just where her camp is; oily clumps of flush caught on trees lead her back. She doesn’t dare touch any of them, though. She barely manages a look, and even that has her whimpering again. Where the putrid oil touches the bark, the tree smokes and withers. Trees closer to her small camp, the ones that have been in contact with the creature’s leavings the longest, have had large portions of their trunk rotted away. A number of them teeter precariously already. When she sees this, Harry picks up her pace, her previously slow walk now a full sprint.
Can you tell I have no idea what I'm doing? OTL
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So I'm much further ahead in this novella than what I've posted here (I should hope I am, as it's due Thursday), so have a bit more from the early pages while I write the later ones to the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack! You get a lot, as there's no good place to stop it earlier.
She stumbles into her camp, almost falling as she stops quickly. In the center of the clearing, there is nothing but oil. Her tent, her bag, the food she’d already gathered, all of it is soaking. Most of it has been eaten away already; all that’s left is part of her canvas tent. But even as she watches, it sinks further into the black pit. She can smell the rot coming from the pit, but she doesn’t cover her mouth or her nose. Instead, she stares, gaping at the clearing.
Mouth and eyes both stay wide for a moment, but it doesn’t last long. Harry bends, picking up rocks and twigs and throwing them at the sinkhole, screaming in frustration.
“I hate you! I hate you, you stupid, stupid thing! Look what you’ve done!” She chucks a heavy stone easily, not even noticing that it’s nearly the size of her head. “How am I supposed to survive now?”
The rock splashes into the center of the pool, and droplets of black ooze spray the clearing. Again, Harry screams, though this time it’s from the oil that hits her hand. She pulls off her jacket, sobbing again, and scrubs as quickly as she can to get the oil off. “I hate you! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! You stupid, useless, thing!” A choked noise comes from her throat, and she holds her hand between her legs, squeezing it as tightly as she can with her thighs. The jacket drops to the ground, the fabric already dissolving.
She whimpers, her unharmed hand wrapping itself around the wrist of the other, and she closes her eyes. “Breathe, Harry. Just—aaah, god, it hurts so muc—breathe. Breathe. Yeah, like that. Deep, bre—deep breathes. Another one. Okay, good. You can—christ, it burns—come on, you’re f-fine.”
A few more sobs, another couple of whimpers, and she nods her head sharply. “Right, let’s take a look.”
She pulls her hand out from between her legs slowly, wincing as it rubs against her pant leg. “Look, Harry, that’s not so bad.” Her hand shakes as she looks at it, and a few tears slide silently down her cheeks. “Just a spot, that’s all.”
In the center of her hand, a large black circle bubbles up, the edges wavy and uneven. Though when she first looked the skin seemed to be boiling, it calms. It seems almost scaly in texture, and she looks at her hand curiously. She slowly folds her fingers and rotates her wrist with a small frown. When it’s clear that everything works as it did before, she nods, letting a small smile grace her face.
“We may not have any supplies anymore, but at least we still have our hand!”
“That is relatively lucky.”
Harry whirls, clutching her injured hand to her chest. Behind her, peering over her shoulder into the bubbling pit, stands a boy. He’s far taller than her, even bent in half as he is. His arms are crossed, and he stares beyond her, eyes focused on the oil even as a clump of dirty black hair, cropped short, if messily, drops in front of his eyes. They’re dark, almost as dark as his hair, and stand out oddly against his pale skin. His mouth sets into a deep, serious frown, yet the edges twitch upwards until he’s smiling and has to start the process over again. His slacks are mud stained, ripped at the edges, and yet they still have an air of wealth. His jacket is the same, and the embroidery that once flowed down the sleeves has been plucked forward, yet not out, by nervous fingers. His shoes, though they have a solid shell of mud, are well made. A pack, much more simple than the rest of his clothing, sits on his back.
Harry cringes. Her own clothing is piecemeal, with patches over worn bits. Unlike his vibrant wear, she is dressed in shades of brown.
“Why on earth would you camp in a place like this?” The boy stops trying to frown, and allows himself to just laugh, instead. “Are you stupid? I thought you Westerners were supposed to be good at this stuff!”
This time Harry glares, hands forming into fists. “You don’t know I’m from the West.”
The boy laughs again, shaking his head a little as he smiles. “How do I—oh, that’s a good joke. I mean, look at you! Brown hair, blue eyes, short and stocky. Of course you’re a Westerner! You’re like—I mean, if you weren’t here in front of me I wouldn’t believe you exist. You’re like the perfect stereotype of what my tutor used to describe your people as! I mean, he even used to call his little Westerner character Harry! And he even used to talk to himself, too!”
She forces her hands to flatten as she eyes the straps on his shoulders. “It’s a common name.”
“Not for girls!”
“Sh-shut up! It is! And this is a perfectly decent place to camp, thank you!” Harry’s hands clench again, and she takes a step forward. “What’s some Easterner like you doing out here, anyway? Are you here to mock me? Do you think this is a joke?”
The boy brings his hands up, palms forward in an attempt to calm her. “Woah, woah. I’m out here for the same reason you are!”
“Easterners don’t take the challenge! You don’t need to!”
“What, you think I made this stupid bag or something? Look, it’s got the crest embroidered on and everything. Lion eating a heart, see? That enough proof for you?”
“You could’ve picked it up off a failed competitor!”
The boy grimaces, shaking his head. “And touch a body? No way.”
Harry sighs, kicking a stray rock and rubbing at her injured hand. “Whatever. You’re just competition, then.” She gives the bubbling pit of her camp another glance, slumping as she does so. Another deep breath, and she turns away from the putrid hole. She runs a hand through her hair, scratching along her scalp as she does so. There’s no reason for her to stay here. Especially not with her newfound annoyance.
“See you around, rich boy. Or not, hopefully.” She starts to walk off, though her mind is still on the boy’s pack. Without hers, she’s never going to win. And if she doesn’t win, she doesn’t live. But the idea of attacking someone, even an Easterner, makes her want to throw up almost as much as the smell oozing out of the remains of her camp. “Good luck.”
The boy darts in front of her as she takes a step forward, hands fiddling with the edges of his jacket. “I think we should team up.” His voice is a quiet whisper, more a mumble than actual words.
“Excuse me?”
“I said I think we should team up!”
“I know what you said!” Harry takes another step forward, hands quickly clenching back into fists. “But no one works together! I’m not even sure it’s allowed! And why would you want to? What good would come of it?”
“You don’t have a pack anymore. No supplies. No seal.” The boy’s voice is calm, even, a stark contrast to Harry’s shouting.
“What, are you just going to give me yours? It only counts for one person! So, what, we just get to the Capitol and you hand over your seal to me? Yeah, right. You’re just going to let yourself lose. Execution’s the way to go, huh?”
“Yes.”
Harry pauses. “That’s stupid.”
“What does it matter?” The boy shuffles his feet. “It’s not your problem. Doesn’t matter what happens to me. Teaming up would be good for you.”
She frowns, weighing her options. Without him, things get harder. Though there’s a chance she could find another competitor, one that’s already been killed, and take their pack, it’s unlikely. The monsters that roam outside towns seem to target the packs; every time she’s seen a dead contestant their body looks to be mostly unharmed, yet their bag has been destroyed. Getting to the Capitol may be the goal of the tournament, but if you get there without your seal you still lose. A public beheading may be less painful than being eaten alive, but she plans to live.
The idea of traveling with someone makes her grimace, though. They’re more likely to attract the attention of the things that live in the forest. Stronger beasts, as well as other things, will be drawn to them.
But she needs the seal, even if he’s not telling the truth. He’s far skinnier than her. She’s certain she could defend herself against him.
“Fine. But I’m not going to protect you.”
The boy rolls his eyes. “I bet I know more about how these things work than you do. I’ve studied them. My dad makes them. You should be more worried about me having to protect you!”
Harry rolls her eyes, but sticks out a hand. “Harry Livery. Harriet. But it’s Harry.”
With a grin, the boy grips her palm and shakes it hard. “Simon King.”
• Aela's Pet Journal

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Huh, seems kind of like the Hunger Games. I really like what you have so far, and the Eastern/Western dynamic is kind of cool. I'd love to see that played up more. And you're doing fine, it seems alright to me. Only thing I can say is there's one point, way at the beginning, where you use: " Deep, bre—deep breathes" and breathes should probably be breaths.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh, goodness, I didn't catch that one! Thank you kindly.(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was working on a picture of Dona today (and a few others), but I didn't like how they were coming out. So I did art for someone else, instead.

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

this took me a disgusting amount of time (◡‿◡✿)

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

also i like this one a lot (it's a me!)

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

i'm not yet sure how this is coming along, but i haven't drawn aela for ages. we'll see.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

and finished!

• Aela's Pet Journal

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

today was an arting kinda day have junk also the headshots i have been putting up are ALSO TEN DOLLARS WOW so basically u can get anything from me for ten dollars just send me a note or email me at bm445@nau.edu okay? <:

(that's a wip bc wow i am just haaaahaha what am i doing)

full wip of that last one (from earlier, obvi)

i was missing my old hair so i did this (my old hair was rad, man)
• Aela's Pet Journal

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: [IMG HEAVY] Aela Art---Commissions are OPEN!

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Did you ever get around to finishing the art exchanges from a while back?