A couple stories I wrote

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

A couple stories I wrote

Unread post by Iowawolf »

It was a dark and stormy night deep in Sholozar Basin, darker than usual for this time of year, as I sat in Nesingwary's camp the previous hunt still fresh in my mind. Loque was resting at my feet for she was tired after a day of play by chasing the dwarves all over the camp nipping their heels.

Chuckling as the same dwarves now tiptoed around her doing all they could so not to awaken her for she was dozing peacefully her purrs echoing throughout the camp. Softly I leaned down and stroked her fur, lazily she looked up at me her blue eyes shining with what I know is love for me and the way I treat her.

When all of a sudden from out in the deepest, darkest part of the Basin there came a roar so terrifying it made the dwarves scatter to who knows where. Nesingwary came over to me and as he leaned down and petted Loque he told me about the King. A green devilsaur as tall as the sky, as green as the jungle in which he lives his name was Krush and he ruled these lands hence the King.

There came another roar this one louder than the last which made even me jump a bit and Loque growled under her breath as if to say lets go get this thing that disturbs my sleep. I lean down and stroke her fur gently kissing her neck telling her this is my battle I must go alone.

And so after saying my goodbyes to the dwarves and to Loque I set out into the deep, dark jungle with nothing but the gun on my back and the armor covering me along with plenty of rations to last several days. I summoned my Swift Windsteed again and off we flew to investigate the source of the roars.

Upon arriving at the first of many areas where I was warned he spawned I was in a sense relieved he wasn't there for I really had no clue what I would do if I even saw him. So I flew on some more the rain beating down on me making me shiver, at least Loque was safe and warm.

I then found a worn trail in the mud and proceeded to follow it with rain falling harder made it more difficult for me to see the trail and any possible tracks. I guided my Windsteed down to check out the trail when in the distance there came another deafening roar from the King. My Windsteed bucked almost throwing me off his back but I managed to calm him down enough to continue.

With rain falling upon me still I found shelter under some trees where I set up camp and lay down for some rest. As I slept my dreams were of Loque my faithful friend and of this devilsaur I intended to tame. Startled, I awoke looking around me the rain had stopped for now and so I summoned my Windsteed and moved on. The trails were a muddy mess, the tracks almost non existent but my hunting skills kicked in which had become more honed after the Loque tame.

For days I flew the trails, camped where I could, ate when and where I was able to without any trouble and killed when only needed. On the fifth day of my hunt for the King I came upon a truly disturbing sight for lying in front of me was a dead Horde his throat ripped out the blood spilled. I steeled myself and went on not sure what lay ahead but knew I was very close to the tame.

As the day turned to night a cold wind blew from the east and there it was, the smell of fresh meat I knew he was near now and so I flew down a bit closer and landed next to what remained of a mammoth kill. As I kneeled down to look there came from behind me the roar of all roars, the King had found me not me finding him. Looking up at him I stood there in awe so this was the mighty King Krush I yelled at him bring it on big guy.

He came charging at me full force but I was ready for him and threw out my traps which didn't do much of anything and I thought dang Gnomish technology lol. As the King came at me again I set about the tame, unlike Loque he was a true fighter not wanting to be tamed or found. For what seemed like forever the battle of wills went on with neither giving an inch but yet I was winning and with a final gasp I tamed him. As he was tamed the King kneeled before me as if to say I surrender to you, you are now my master.

With my new tame under my belt I headed back to Nesingwary, back to my Loque and back to my hunter friends. Upon arriving I told them of how I tamed this great beast at the point under the Glimmering pillar which was where I saw him the other two times I encountered him.

Saying goodbye to Nesingwary this time for good, I shall not be returning here again, I petted Loque as if to say time to go home girl it is finally over.

So now with both Loque'nahak and King Krush by my side I will head to unexplored lands to find new pets to tame and new battles to fight all for the honor and glory of the Alliance.

Tamed on October 11th 2013 at around the 4:50 to 5am range my time which is 3:50 to 4am realm time. To those still hunting this guy have faith for he is out there and you shall find him when you least expect it.

So the day began like any other. I awoke from restless sleep images of her running through my mind but not finding her to tame her. She was a wild one, a free spirit beast if you will, but deep down I knew she would be mine.

This I vowed: one day I will tame the beautiful Loque'nahak.

And so that day I put on my armor, grabbed my helmet and gun. I made sure the gun was loaded for the perils that lay ahead of me on this journey. As I headed out of the inn in Dalaran, I paid my fee then went to the flight path where I got on a gryphon, paid for my ride, and flew to the damp dark reaches of Sholozar Basin where my query awaited me.

I landed at Nesingwary's camp where I was greeted by that dwarf with a mug of ale and a handshake thanking me for the help I gave him back in Outland and the mainland. I proceeded to tell him about my own hunt and he looked at me as if I was a bit crazy for Loque only shows herself to those who want her to be seen.

Upon hearing that, though a bit disheartening, I summoned my Swift Windsteed and flew to where I knew she spawned. And I sat.

And I sat.

It must've been several hours which bled into days then into weeks as I sat there waiting. Often times I would fly to her other points but alas no luck.

Till the one day when I awoke with a start and knew this was the day when she would be mine. I hastily dressed and ate what remained of my rations then mounted my Windsteed and started again the routes I now knew by heart where she spawned. I began up the west side under the camp and went more west till I was at the point where Krush appears at times. Alas, he was not there but no matter I wasn't after him.

I arrived at the two points up north with a sad heart. She wasn't there either.

I began to feel I was wrong as usual. And so I flew east to the mountains where the apes were busy eating their morning food, which made me chuckle thinking maybe Loque was making a monkey out of me. I flew around those two points with no luck and found another path of Krush's then followed it around the bottom of the Basin until I was under the Skywatch pillar.

All of a sudden my instincts kicked in and, being a hunter, I kept looking for her tracks. When I saw some, my heart skipped a beat.

Was this it? Was I finally going to tame her?

I calmed my Windsteed for it was sensing my excitement and was getting scared. I guided it down to the tracks I saw when she appeared right in front of me, Loque'nahak.

I stared in awe at her beauty, at her awesomeness. I knew this was it. The moment of truth. The moment that would define me as a true hunter among my peers.

I steeled my will and set about the tame. She was a fighter for being a free spirit. She didn't want to be tamed but deep inside I felt she also knew I was a kind hunter. I would treat her with respect and so she gave in at the last second. She allowed herself to be mine and tame her.

I was in shock and awe that it was all over. I had finally tamed the great Loque'nahak. I been accepted by my hunter peers for taming her.

And so with Loque by my side I continue to roam these lands in search of others and to fight the good fight of the Alliance.

Hope those that read this liked my little story of how I came to tame this beautiful creature and to let you all know she is still out there waiting to be tamed, I got her at 2am my time which was 1am server on the 7th. Happy hunting and may you be blessed in finally getting her.

I wrote these stories after taming the king, King Krush and Loque'nahak hope you enjoy reading them.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: A couple stories I wrote

Unread post by Xota »

The King Krush story reminded me of my tame, back in LK. I offered a bounty for news of the beast, and the spotter happened to be a healer, so I hired him to keep me alive. I also used a sacrificial core hound as bait, named appropriately "Bait". His hysteria let me tame faster, and his bestial wrath steeled my nerves against Krush's terrifying roar. After those two favors, I abandoned him to be eaten while I captured the dinosaur.