rp thoughts- tauren hunter

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

rp thoughts- tauren hunter

Unread post by Snowwalker »

My taunka/tauren hunter, Snowwalker, is missing both her right side eye and horn. I want to come up with an rp/story element as to how this came about, but for the life of me I can't come up with anything. Anyone got any good suggestions? Don't really have any preferences on it yet.

-half tauren/ half taunka. As such, generally spends time exploring colder regions
-rarehunter
-signature pet is a frostsaber named Pujurak [Icy Mist] she's had since they were both young
-signature mount is a blazing hippogriff named [so originally] Blaze that's rather tempermental that she found and raised from an egg.
-often assosiates with the cenarians
-has friends, but generally can be found working alone
-not necessarily a 'kill alliance on sight' sort, but won't hesitate to defend/attack if they do

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: rp thoughts- tauren hunter

Unread post by Lupis »

Well, there are a few things that could cause some injuries like that to come about that are linked to your character's story.

-Being a taunka isn't easy- Northrend is a harsh place. As a rarehunter, I imagine she'd be spending a whole lot of time out on her own, surrounded by no-doubt dangerous monsters. Is there any specific rare beast she hunted down that caused a whole lot of trouble for her? Flailing claws make for missing eyes pretty easily.

-Blaze is definitely a very rare find, as I'm not sure there are any wild on-fire hippogryphs. As such, it's possible Blaze came about from some sort of spell cast on a normal old hippogyph egg- maybe someone bound the heart of a fire elemental into the egg somehow? Either way, experimentation on eggs is a cult-sort of thing, so if Snowwalker had to fight off cultists to save the egg, I can see her getting hurt.

-Broken horns are a little harder, as those are tough to snap. But if someone tried to grab her by the horns at one point and she threw them off/the attacker was thrown off (perhaps by her loyal pets?) then that could lead to a snapped horn.

-If you want a less battle-oriented idea for her missing horn, perhaps her parents or tribe members disagreed with her half-and-half parentage, and considering her only "half a taunka", took off one horn to symbolize that?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Maybe her pet mauled her during the taming process?

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

A blazing hippogriff RP wise I don't think would like living in a cold area. I'd see them as something to do with the Firelands or something.

I dunno to me I can't see something fire based living in a cold climate like Northrend. So maybe work in something about it hating the cold or maybe getting sick and needing to move to another land? That could work as a good plot for a story.

With the half tauren/ half taunka thing didn't we only find out about taunka when the Horde and Alliance when to Northrend to fight the Lich king? So fairly recently? I mean last time I did those quests I could of sworn they where a "lost people" or something. So I'd imagine your hunter would be fairly young then so I'd use that.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

cowmuflage wrote: I dunno to me I can't see something fire based living in a cold climate like Northrend. So maybe work in something about it hating the cold or maybe getting sick and needing to move to another land?
I was thinking that too, this is the best I could come up with.

While hunting in Howling Fjord one day, she came across a hippgryph fatally wounded by a local yeti, it seemed to be trying to protect its nest (they have been known to nest in the area). After doing all she could to help, she sadly could not save it. She decided that she could not just leave the egg behind, and decided to raise the egg to the best of her ability. After worrying about keeping it warm enough at night she left it by the fire and drifted off to sleep. Only to find in the morning the egged had slipped and rolled partially into the fire. The constant licking of the flames over the night was enough to almost char the entire egg but not enough to destroy it. Out of sadness and guilt she continue to nurse the egg, just in case. When the egg did finally stir, through her tears of joy and sheer disbelieve, the hatchling that emerged was quite special indeed. Due to the accident it had somehow become uniquely imbue with a flames that never seemed to ebb, yet never seemed to burn.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

Hmmm often associates with the cenarians? Perhaps she was on an expedition for them in Mt. Hyjal or was rare hunting there (terrorpenne) and she came across an egg near the firelands. Or the cenarians were very impressed with her feats that they gave her an egg rescued from the druids of the flame.