Help pick out some art!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Help pick out some art!

Unread post by Varethyn »

Wasn't sure whether to put it here due to involving art or off-topic since the event isn't completely related but oh well.

My step-mum is running a little village market type thing in a little over a week's time and asked if I'd like to put some of my art up for sale there. The other art that'd be up will likely be pastel/oil/watercolour paintings of wildlife/plants/scenery so she thought my traditional fantasy stuff would generate interest as it would be different. But I'm extremely self-conscious about it xD I would absolutely love if you guys could check out my deviantArt page and pick out your favourites for me to neaten up for potential sale, and also to boost my confidence in setting up my art in public :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Help pick out some art!

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I love them all, but if I had to pick the ones I liked the most, my favourites in general order are...
  • The Real Cataclysm
    Why Is This Still Happening
    I Let Them Because I Love Them
    Dr. Zhiss
    Bestial Bickering
Not sure if your making copies to sell rather than the originals, but would be a shame to lose some of these if you didn't... but then I guess thats just me though.

I suppose if you’re selling the original would sell better :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Cheers SB, that's an interesting selection :)
Nah I'll be making neater/updated copies of them to sell and keep the original versions. I'll probably only pick 3 to 5 pics at most, determined by which ones are most popularly voted for.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think the tricky part is to also use/pick ones that have a good "Overall" Fantasy feel/look to them.

Fantasy art can be niche enough as it is at times, but then choosing art that is too depictive of then one game/story within that Fantasy niche can then dramatically reduce your buying audience even more so. All your work is amazing so it's not a quality thing, but whatever you plan on choosing to sell, you need to make sure people can relate to it in some way.

Whether it's a simple as "Oh John likes dragons, maybe we should buy that one for him?" and it's actually a picture of a Blue and Bronze drake. Or "Oh Jane likes avatar, maybe we should buy that one for her? and it's actually a picture of a Draenei on a rocket.... you get the idea :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­