All this gender swapping....ME HEART! IT CAN'T TAKE IT!

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: All this gender swapping....ME HEART! IT CAN'T TAKE IT!

Unread post by Rawr »

Glain wrote:SHE DID MALE MALIFICENT! HE'S MINE! ALL MINE. OH MY GOD.

http://sakimichan.tumblr.com/post/82149 ... maleficent
Something is wrong on that page, Avast yelled at me for clicking on it. :| :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Could be the stupid auto play >.>
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Arrrgh, negative opinions ahead, read only if you want to read negative opinions. Been stewing over this for a while now.

But- some of these don't represent the characters AT ALL. ;_; Cruella Deville is a gaunt skeleton of a woman. Terrifying, even- all angles and green skin. Ursula is very large, pale purple, and has a big evil grin. So why the heck are all of the genderbends basically the same fit handsome dude? The only aspects they took from the original characters are a few little aspects like skin tone and the outfit. It's like they didn't even try to make them have the same body type or facial structure.

Don't get me wrong, the art is gorgeous. But... some of the most defining characteristics of the original characters have been stripped away just to show off more abs, apparently.

I dunno. Not a fan, I guess. I love gender bends, but it really really gets to me when they're gender bent to be sexy guys, and not to stay true to the character. I totally get liking them for what they are, and they're pretty great in their own way.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I kinda agree but its just the artist style. I'm not complaining tho abougt all of them being cute young men though.