With the last patch of the expansion come and gone..

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

With the last patch of the expansion come and gone..

Unread post by Equeon »

It's unlikely we will see the best pet of Draenor ever again. Unimplemented, forgotten, then removed... the prospects are grim.
So I made a quick sketch.

Maybe someday...
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: With the last patch of the expansion come and gone..

Unread post by Makoes »

And that was by far the best looking Rylak T.T

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I feel bad for the people who wanted her as a pet, but I still cannot help being totally freaked out by that chimera/rylak.
The..the creepy yellow orbs/holes on it's neck and tail... *Shudder* It's like it's infected with something.. ):

If it wasn't for that I'd think she was beautiful... But right now she just terrifies me. A Whole lot..

Sorry you guys are disappointed though <3/
Oh, and you're drawing of her is very nice, too.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Scarlet wrote:
The..the creepy yellow orbs/holes on it's neck and tail... *Shudder* It's like it's infected with something.. ):
I viewed them as venom or poison sacks, made it even more dangerous!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well you can see their skulls everywhere :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well said. Poor things :(

Maybe we'll see them in Broken Isles, seeing as it no longer seems to be a concern whether beasts feel like they fit anymore, or any care about the history of it. I hate to be bitchy but the way they designed the wildlife of Draenor made me feel like they'll just do wtf they feel like on the day and resent being tied to any pre-existing lore.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Makoes wrote:I viewed them as venom or poison sacks, made it even more dangerous!!
Yeah, I saw them as little venom sacks for them to spit. Reminds me of Otachi.

cowmuflage wrote:Well you can see their skulls everywhere :lol:
Yeah, so if the argument for removing them is "they wouldn't fit"... well, the skulls in every zone seem to fit just fine. I'm actually working on a just-for-fun quest/lore explanation for this... I'll post it eventually.
Wain wrote:Well said. Poor things :(

Maybe we'll see them in Broken Isles, seeing as it no longer seems to be a concern whether beasts feel like they fit anymore, or any care about the history of it. I hate to be bitchy but the way they designed the wildlife of Draenor made me feel like they'll just do wtf they feel like on the day and resent being tied to any pre-existing lore.
I'm with you there. Like you said in an older post, it seems like they decided anything remotely strange came after Draenor exploded into Outland. Then, the strangest existing creatures were either exactly the same or absent.

Nether rays? Gone.
Flayers? Gone.
Hydras? Okay, I actually really liked these ones. These were fine, although it doesn't seem possible for them to realistically evolve into the Outland versions. Oh well.
Warpstalkers? Exactly the same.
Spore creatures? Exactly the same. (I didn't mind this one as much as the others, though.)
Ravagers? Oh, they look completely different and are pretty much Silithid, but that's because they're "normal" now.
Worms? Exactly the same as Jormungar, despite being from completely different environments, and we never did get those awesome centipede models.
Chimeras? Oh, they're less alien-looking now, and apparently different enough to warrant a new family.
The fact that this was such a late change to cover the lack of dragonflies, and that up until 6.2 there were one or two leftover rylaks in the Chimera family makes me feel pretty sour. It's like making two families for "Cougars" and "Mountain Lions". And of course, the most unique chimera was never implemented. :cry:

But instead, witness the incredibly diverse new fauna of...

Boars, wolves, hippos, talbuks, clefthooves, and elephants!

Not only is this land from an alternate universe, but it's an alien world. A savage and primal alien world, at that!
... And a very large portion of its wildlife are large mammals almost identical to the ones we have on Earth.

We know we're getting moose in Legion, which is great... but could we have some less traditional creatures, too?
/rantover
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

All this is in my head cannon, "ancient" rylaks are on Farahlon (a continent farther away than the initial map), with all the other missing content. Every 7 years, they migrate, like cicadas. That's why their skulls are everywhere. Rays are sea creatures. There are aquatic water "striders", which are more like squid. Fungal giants are still fungal whales. Flayers were from weirdly mutated Goren, also found on Farahlon (in addition to the tiny island in FFR).
Warpstalkers are related to Fey Dragons, and they shift to alternate planes for camouflage and to warp. Fey Dragons have their wings because of some titan artifact or from shifting through an arcane field or whatever.
The similar looking animals on Draenor and Azeroth are because Titans and/or some other cosmic force re-uses the same designs.