A thread of mostly non-WoW stuff (IMG heavy?)

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

A thread of mostly non-WoW stuff (IMG heavy?)

Unread post by Rubywashere »

First of all heres my DA account just because im not going to include everything: http://rubybeam.deviantart.com/

Just like Moon, I found myself becoming much more active on the forum thus I made an art thread.
I work with mostly non-WoW stuff, there is the odd and end though which is WoW related
speaking of which....
I should bring it here
This one is -super- old and my friends bugged me to upload it. None the less this is my friends character, its not mine.

The next one was a request from a friend on another forum, it took at least 4 hours and is probably my best gif animation yet!
Only my friends can request these icons, since schools keeping me rather busy. Unless of course you would want to get one through an art trade- im willing to do those.

The rest is either something from one of my own fantasy worlds or pokemon.

Iv'e been having fun with making fake eevee evolutions lately!, really the majority of them are requests from friends and since their a fun to make feel free to send me any type or type combination.
Also can you guess which ones are which types since I completely forgot to add it into the pictures?

An icon I made for myself which shows my ampishpere character: Dr. Zhiss! Amphispheres are my own creation, I will add more info later once I get more Obestia information down
Speaking of which.....
This isn't Dr.Zhiss but just a random ampisphere

A birdtaur character I was challenged to make after someone asked me to on tumblr
also guys give my ANYTHING and i will make a creature out of it! Its truly just a fun thing for me to do and im willing to do it anytime just for fun.
You'll see a lot of humany things because im trying to learn human anatomy
which leads to these two pictures

The last character doesn't belong to me, the first one does however

Some Obestian creatures which I will put more info on if im less lazy later

and last but not least something somewhat exciting!
I decided to try and make a comic about a group of aliens trying to invade earth and of course failing. The comic will be a mix of comedy/Drama, knowing me though its probably going to be mostly a drama XD
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: A thread of mostly non-WoW stuff (IMG heavy?)

New Sona thingies I created! please do excuse the horrible anatomy it was meant to be quick so that it wouldn't be full of needless details
I don't want to make a Sona I have to have hours drawing do I?
Her names Naysay
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Been awhile since I updated but here
So I kinda made a lot of character refs since missing
first is a werechicken called Duucan
this is one for the current pokemon rp A.K.A soon to be characters
Koibreath, who also has an ask blog here.
Lucky and Amazon, they also have an ask blog that im actually drawing for Here.

and for something other than refs have a few WIPS
this is the one im currently most proud of, I may post the finished product later but for now have the coloured, unfinished version
Im attempting to draw humans, I was stupid and used a difficult post as a referance
Reaper chicken..it came from inspiration off a friends dead chicken, because apparently I like to turn peoples dead pets into something
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Your style is definitely evolving and maturing, I can tell. I like your creature mashups, they're very interesting! The birdtaur is my favorite. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks! The Birdtuar was really fun to make, I really need to find a place for him in one of my worlds actually
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

So I uhh, made a fantroll.
Her name is Ilusia Phemos, a Rust-blood with the ability to make realistic illusions. She also hates highbloods, being the rebellious little lowblood she is, so she often uses her illusions in an attempt to scare off highbloods
also that eye isn't real, most of the time its facepaint, except for when she's using her illusion ability of course
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Woooooow, that is awesome! I love the colors and the crazy style and everything! :O

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks Rhyela, really sorry for the late reply >.>
anyways I kinda drew WoW art for once. Well kinda.
I created a gnome monk, lets just say I kinda fell in love with her and kinda made her into an rp character; her name is Perisel Coldgear, and the bear cub is Rowly, the two are never really seen apart

I was also kinda lazy and didn't shade Rowly...oops. I'll fix that later possibly
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awww, Rowly is adorable! :3 I also like how you drew the armor. That's where I fail the most, is clothing. Well, that and poses. I can't draw anything but a face. :lol:

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

To be honest at first my humans looked terrible, basically balls with terribly drawn limbs.
I think the only reson why their improving from [img=http://rubybeam.deviantart.com/art/Bish ... 67205&qo=5]This[/img] to what iv'e posted eariler is because I have been busy studying humans non-stop only because I have so many worlds with humanoid inhabitants. Not to mention my comic is also going to have quite a few human characters
umm that said, once you have pratice, and have a good understanding everything turns out great
Anyone can become an artist and it really doesn't matter what age you are, all you need is a bit of references, a pencil eraser and paper.
One of the best ways of learning is actually tracing other pictures, and drawing them. There's a reason you do it in art class I think, its kinda where I learnt how to shade, as far as I know a lot of artists actually do so, its also always easier with a grid. The rule only I keep the the 'cheating' method is to never post it anywhere and claim it as your own, because its not. that's not to say you can't be proud of it, heck I still love the picture of that sphinx cat I kinda copied.
all this said im gonna throw up a few guides to getting started
How to draw everything
A tutorial Master post (It has everything)
Posemaniacs, it has a great library for human poses and I know quite a few people here use like, like Lupis.
You know whats the great thing about learning on your own and not from a book? You create your own style.
and one more little tip of advice, at times art can be so frustrating that you just want to give up, trust iv'e been there, quite a few other artists I know have been there but take this piece of advice: art takes forever to learn and you can never, ever master it. Don't even think about mastering it, it's impossible, instead enjoy your own work, doodle, bring your ideas to life and share with the world, don't worry about how terrible it looks. Art is in the beholder and chances are people are going to think it looks great! not many people can draw and if you think about its kinda like a gift that you've earned from practice.
And if you compare you art to others? all artists do that, heck I compare my art to Lupis's and Moon's all the time and feel depressed there one thought that keeps me going, you can't compare yourself because everyone has their own unique style, no one is better then the other and everyone has different artistic tastes.
I may never be as good at Lupis is at Realism, or as good as Qinni is at ink, or even as good as Cow is at animation, but that's because that's their style, I have my own cartoony little style that they may never be as good at drawing either (Well okay for Cow that's a lie, Cow already has a bit of a cartoony style going on), this is that same for every artist
and finally if you just can't seem to pull yourself out of artistic depression hell, just think turn it into determination, just think about how you every practice you get better, much better in fact and draw more. Because that's what gonna happen, your going to get better
so if anyone who reads this plans to be, or wants to be an artist, cheat, read tutorials, practice, learn.

Okay im sorry if that post was a little long and all this artist stuff kinda came out of the blue, iv'e been needing to type something like this out myself to get out of artistic depression hell myself.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

*dusts off thread*
well its been awhile hasn't it? I have A LOT to post, so i'll just start with some pokemon characters
these two are Lucky and Cardinal, their both brothers with completely different personalities. Cardinal is a bit of a show-off. Abit full of himself, while lucky on the other hand is also full of himself but he's much more calm about it and doesn't mention himself much, he tries to act a bit like a 'cool' guy.
Cardinal is also a shiny, Lucky is a delta flying type, it replaces his psychic type so he's not very good at using psychic moves at all and focuses on his fire type moves.

I may have also kinda given up on that WIP and this is how far I got
Then I have a few character doodles featuring my dragon character, Copycat my unamed demon character and a bunch of unamed shapeshifters

Iv'e been really active in fleshing out my superhero world, This guy here is called Wild thing, He has the ability to turn his head and limbs into that of any animal, he prefers reptiles and isn't too fond of mammals though.
Im still playing around with him but I think he was a bit of an actor, he often played as though humanoid monsters (Like werewolves, creatures from swamps that sort of thing) when he wasn't using whatever human character he was
well lets just say they found a way to make the costumes for 'alive', he has offered the chance to get a 'surgery' to give him the power to shapeshift said parts, he got it done and used it often in movies, the true behind it was that the people who offered him said powers were really just planning on manipulating him later on and using him as a weapon (I'm still sorting this all out myself), Well some other heros were currently digging into the company who have Wild Thing the surgery, in the end he ends up moving out of australia to get away from them and later join with a little faction I like to call The Gang (They're basically a bunch of teens with superpowers screwing around), with Someone known as Buzzsaw, who is basically a human pocketknife.
This next one is much more messy and I apologize for that, all you need to know is that his person is known Agent Hawkcat, she had mechanical wings and is pretty damn useful when it comes to using guns
This one called nanobot because her body contains lots of Nanites (Nanobots?), that giver she the ability to levitate, shoot energized purple beams from any part of her body (I have to yet give a name for this), and she can turn into mechanical things, usually its a spaceship-plane thingie of sorts (This only happens when her Nanites take full control over however, otherwise she just kinda makes wings and a air to help herself fly around because floating isn’t enough)

her tail thingie bends a bit to help her fly, like a rudder so its kinda more flexible when she’s in a more humanoid form.

also her mask thing shows a number of emoticons and keyboard quirks and stuff to help express herself.

She’s also not really a hero or a villain, she helps void hawk steal things, make get aways and tends to do lots of heroic acts if she feels what she’s seeing is wrong (She only helps steal from the rich or other heros by the way), for example she will stop a robbery, or go to attack someone if she feels that their doing something wrong.

Rubbybeanne
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Rubbybeanne »

Hey guys sorry to necro this old thing!
Id figure id post some art since ive been gone from the forums for awhile...I havent drawn WoW stuff in forever so the WoW stuff im gonna post is actually pretty old on itself, but hopefully I can get a fresh thread going for further things.
If anyone roleplayed with me before they might remeber my goblin pirate- I kinda revamped him a little, and completely revamped his story. This is super old by now but its still new compared to the stuff here
This is his sister! Prazzil! Shes a priest
Albertons a worgen hunter of mine, hes actually one from northrend.
Heres some pokemon OCs I revamped that you guys may recognize! Zero became an absol variation known as a mountain absol, he also got a Ginjinka at some point (Although im not very proud of that ginjinka).

Kamimpis no longer a fakemon. She belongs to one of my original worlds now, one called Pinkhart!
Heres some other characters from that world- the blue guy actually got a plushie (not made by me, so ill just post a link to see it

Heres some recent things!

Last but not least the most recent thing im most proud of! I designed and drew everything on this sweatshirt myself! I specifically designed this to be the 'Ruby' sweater- since their all I wear.

Heres some of the pieces on the sweater! Not all but some of the best ones. (psst I also have a redbubble to buy stuff on with these designs on)

Theres a lot more but since im a drawaholic that would be waaayyy too much to post here. If you want to see the rest of it I put pretty much everything I draw on my deviantart
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

That's some pretty good progress here! Your goblins are real nice, and so are the pieces of the sweater!