Unread post by Karathyriel »

Thanks. :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Tiragarde Keep - Final

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm a little late in replying since I don't frequent the forums as often during the weekends. ^^;

I'm very pleased that I saved reading this until today though. :D First thing at work on a Monday is never pleasant, so looking forward to an enjoyable read certainly helped brighten my morning.

I'm sure you're already aware that your English is flawless, but once again I feel the need to reiterate how fluent you are! I was so engrossed with the story that I wasn't even looking for grammatical errors (nor did I notice any glaring ones...the rare things that stood out were so minor they aren't even worth nitpicking at). You clearly have a way with words, and I can only imagine how excellent of a writer you must be in your native language.

The quest at Tiragarde Keep has always been one that I enjoyed when starting a new Orc or Troll, and I could picture every little detail as you narrated the scenes. :D I really love how you took such a well-known quest and illustrated it in a plausible and engaging way. I also miss having a boar now. xD

This was a lot of fun to read, and now I think I'm itching to write something of my own after seeing so many great submissions here on the forum. ^^
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

So I guess you all like that little story then. ;)

Maybe we will meet Boktor and Tusk again in the future. You never know...
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Love it!
The part I find most unique about this would be the fact that you make things more "real" then many fanfics are - You don't just put in the valorous, heroic parts of a fight, you put in the ugly parts too. Makes it much easier to connect with that world, and see what that character is seeing.
Also - for someone who doesn't know English as a first language, this was amazing. A few grammar errors, but nothing that interrupted it at all.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!