A Tale of Two Skolls - with screenshots

Jagwyr
Realm: Malfurion, Thorium Brotherhood

A Tale of Two Skolls - with screenshots

Unread post by Jagwyr »

So this morning, I decided I needed some screenshots of me with Goggie, my Skoll Spirit Beast, at the site where I tamed him several months ago. I have screenshots of all my other Spirit Beasts right after taming, but I caught Goggie late at night and forgot to snap pictures.

So I fly over to his spawn site, and lo and behold, guess who's hanging out? There's Skoll, peacefully padding around the area. No other players in sight. It was too good an opportunity to pass up, so I took pictures of wild Skoll and tame Goggie together!

I wait around for about 15 minutes, taking screenshots and enjoying the moment. I keep hoping another hunter will show up and tame this beautiful boy. I don't want to kill him... I would be heartbroken if someone killed a Spirit Beast I was camping, and I figure it's bad karma. On the other hand, I figure that if I don't kill him, chances are good that another random player will eventually show up and do it, since clearly there are no hunters waiting for him nearby. So I'm hemming and hawing, what to do, what to do...

When an Orc hunter with a tame Arcturis spawns in beside me! Woohoo! I tell him, "Please tell me you want to tame that. :D " And he says yes, of course!

But alas, his Call Stabled Pet is on cooldown, and of course he doesn't want to abandon Arcturis. So we wait. I have Track Humanoids up, and I spot an Alliance player headed right for us, the yellow dot on my map stopping right overhead. I panic. I don't want this Skoll to get stolen/killed! I attack, just to tag the mob, hoping the yellow dot will lose interest. It works. I Feign Death, put Goggie on passive, and watch while Skoll munches Goggie to death and finally resets to full health and neutral status.

The Orc is very grateful. His Call Stabled Pet cooldown finishes, and he gets the tame!

A happy ending! I got some amazing screenshots, this Skoll has a new home, and the Orc hunter is having a great day. :)

Be kind to others, it makes the world a better place for everyone. :D
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: A Tale of Two Skolls - with screenshots

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Cool story, really...
And probably the orc will always remember you.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Applause for you! Hunters gotta stick together, moreso Hunters of the same Faction. XD Good job helping that Orc out!

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I can totally relate! I stumbled across Loque'Nahak last week and actually called out in /general first to see if another hunter wanted him before I tamed him. I had never been part of the spirit beast race, and I know people camp that sucker for months, so I didn't want to steal him from a hard-at-work hunter.

But nobody called it, so I got him :) Even so, if I spotted any of the spirit beasts on my non-hunter classes, I think I'd still guard him and yell for hunters, just to be nice. Camping is not fun, but it is nice to help out.

So good job to you, you are a good hunter :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

That's awesome. You're a kind person for doing that. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Hehe, very nice. :D