Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 7 out now!)

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 4 out now!)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, it'll come to you. :) I'm writing my story just as I go. I have no idea what will happen until I write it. xD
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

SATURO!
You are disgusting. ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Karathyriel wrote:SATURO!
You are disgusting. ;)
*Proudly*
It's the way my mind works.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

Boarena? Hyboar? :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Hyenoar.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

Ahh I just noticed the header images you added! Omg those look so awesome, I *love* that style.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:Ahh I just noticed the header images you added! Omg those look so awesome, I *love* that style.
ooh! Just saw them too! Splendid!

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I try to make myself at home with that look as I still want to make a comic.
Maybe Boktor and Shoya'Jin will give a good story?

I will add some more later, one for part 4 and part 5, which I am writing just now. ;)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Part 5

Part 5

"Maybe Nura knows she owes you her life?" Boktor frowned. "I just went and tamed Tusk. We got to be friends after all this time."
"Me be thinkin' no hunta can be tamin' beasts who hate 'im, mon." The troll grabbed his bag and after a short search handed some cured meat to Boktor and Nura and even found some rather moldy and stale bread for Tusk. He looked up in the sky. "Be noon soon, mon. We betta be headin' to Far Watch and Kargal."
"Yes, you are right."
They crossed the bridge and Kargal waved at them.
"Good to see you people. I told Takrin to send you over. Your hunting yesterday was really inspiring." He laughed. "I thought maybe you are interested to sign up for some duties in Crossroads."
"We sure are. Takrin gave us these letters." Boktor said.
"Good. Give me those."
Kargal took the two sheets of parchment and went over to the fire. He took a burning twig and blew the flame out. Then he used the burned twig to sign the parchments.
"You will follow this road until you find a crossing. Turn left at that crossing and you'll be seeing our Outpost soon. It's called Crossroads.In there, you will find Sergra Darkthorn. Tell her, I've send you and give her the letters." Kargal saluted and went over to some other orc.
"Oh well," said Boktor, "let's go then."
They followed the road and talked about the tallstriders that were eying them and especially Nura suspiciously. Boktor liked the Barrens a lot. There was grass on the ground and he could smell the trees that were visible here and there in the distance. But it was a dangerous place too. Not only tallstriders and zevhras roamed the Barrens, there where lions, raptors and hyenas as well. He even had heard about more quilboar settlements. He told Shoya'jin all about the Barrens.
"Nobody be tellin' ya 'bou' dem centaur, mon?" he asked with a smirk.
"Centaurs? Here? I thought they were bothering the tauren tribes, over in Mulgore."
"Da Barrens be close ta Mulgore, mon! When da orcs be comin' helpin' da tauren fightin' da centaur, dey no be killin' dem all. Dem be goin' to da Barrens, mon, dem who be survivin'."
"Really? I didn't knew that." Boktor scratched his head. "But then I have never been far from Durotar. I have never been as far as Crossroads yet. And you?"
"Me be runnin' all da way from Orgrimmar ova ta Dundabluff." the troll said proudly. "Me be tellin' ya, mon, dat no be havin' fun. Quilboar, centaur, dundalizzaad, lion an rapta, all be chasin' ole Shoya'Jin and Nura along da road, mon! We be runnin' all da way ta Taurajo."
"Taurajo?" Boktor raised an eyebrow. "Never heard of that."
"Aye, Camp Taurajo be da small outpost on otha side o da Barrens. Be some tauren dere too, mon! Be close ta Mulgore. Ana be close ta dousan needle."
"And you have been there? Nice. I wish I could see it myself. And if Mulgore is close by, I'd like to see that too. They told me Mulgore is all green with grass."
"Aye. Mulgore be all green, mon. Ya be waitin' an we both be goin' dere. Me be showin' ya Cairne Bloodhoof. He be friendly dude. Me be likin' 'im."
Boktors eyes went wide.
"You have met the tauren chieftain? In person? You talked to him? I have seen Thrall only once when I've been sent to Vol'Jin with some information about the humans I found. But the warchief was very busy and he didn't talk to me."
The troll shook his head and smiled.
"Me be talkin' widda warchief too, mon."
"What?"
"Me be sent to Vol'Jin. So when me be goin' ta Grommash Hold, me be askin' Vol'Jin 'bou' da warchief. Vol'Jin me be takin' ta Thrall ana he be sayin' he be glad a new horde memba bein' dere. Me be very proud, mon!"
"Damn! I just missed the chance then. I never thought Thrall had time to talk to normal people."
"Why ya be missin' da chance? Grommash Hold be closed now?"
"What? No. But I don't think I'll be sent there in the near future."
Shoya'Jin shrugged.
"Next time ya be in Orgrimmar, mon, ya just go see da warchief. Who be sayin' ya no be allowed?"
Boktor thought about that for a moment. The troll was right. He never heard of anyone who has been sent away when he wanted to see the warchief. Noone ever told him that Grommash Hold was off limits. He smiled. Yes, next time he went to Orgrimmar, he would be expressing his loyalty to Thrall and the horde.
"What do you think, Shoya'Jin. Could I bring Tusk to see Thrall as well?"
"Me dunno wid Thrall bu' Cairne be likin' Nura. Cairne be feedin' Nura wid sum meat. Nura no be kicked outta Grommash Hold, so me be thinkin' bringin' Tusk be all righ'."
They reached the crossing Kargal had told them about and turned left. Suddenly, Shoya'Jin stopped dead in his tracks and Nura gave a low growl. There was a red scaled raptor standing in the middle of the road, looking at them as if trying to figure out if they were a threat or his next meal.

to be continued...
Last edited by Karathyriel on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 5 out now!)

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm thoroughly liking this story so far. Your English is a thousand times better than my German, let me tell you!! Keep going :D
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks!
I'm glad you like it.
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

Such lovely story telling, I myself have just tried to write something. I called it 'Phantomwolf the traitor', still working out plot details but this is very interesting...
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Glad you like it, really.
But, to be honest, I don't have anything worked out, there is no plot I'm following.
When I started writing this story, I didn't even think about Shoya'Jin and Nura being there. (And now that I have to write this troll slang, I'd rather not have him there! :lol:)

The story develops as I write it.

When I wrote the first Boktor-story, I had a goal. I was describing the quest you have to do in Tiragarde Keep.
This is different. I'm driving down this highway and I have no clue where its going to or where it will end.

This way, it's pretty thrilling and way more exciting for me.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Part 6

Part 6

"Ya be cool, mon. Ya no be movin'." said Shoya'Jin. He stretched out his right hand as if trying to touch the raptor and gave a little wave with his left behind his back. Nura stopped growling immediately and sat on her haunches. The troll dragged his feet slowly forward, inching closer to the wild beast that eyed him suspiciously.
"Da beast be attackin', ya be movin' quick, mon." he whispered. "Ya be savin' me precious butt, ya be hearin, mon?"
Boktor slowly put his hand on the handle of his axe.
"I hear you, troll." he whispered back.
The troll inched forward, hand outstretched, whispering soothingly in troll.
Boktor could feel the sweat on his brow. The raptor was turning his head this way and that but always kept an eye on Shoya'Jin, who got closer and closer. He could feel Tusk getting nervous too.
"Calm down, buddy." he whispered and touched the boars head. "Calm down."
The raptor started prancing nervously and gave a short caw. Shoya'Jin, still inching closer, was now humming.
"Are you trying to sing it a lullaby?" Boktor whispered but the troll never answered.
He suddenly jumped forward, throwing his arms in the air, waving like crazy, shouting at the top of his lungs. Nura charged, bellowing loudly, snarling and showing her teeth. Boktor could feel Tusk flinch and he was pretty sure his own heart had skipped a beat or two as well.
The raptor rolled his eyes in terror. Roaring loudly, he turned on his heels and ran away. Shoya'Jin was laughing and even Nura seemed to be enjoying the scene, although you couldn't be sure as hyenas seem to be giggling and laughing all day long.
"Damn it, troll!" Boktor shouted, "shoot me with an arrow if you want to kill me but don't do that kind of stuff!"
"Me be knowin' da rapta be jumpy creature. Me be calmin' 'im down an den scare him."
Shoya'Jin clapped Boktors shoulder.
"Me be knowin' also, soma time dis no be workin' ana da beast be attackin'. Dat is why ya be dere, mon."
"May the spirits have mercy, you are insane, you know that? Jumping crocolisks, scaring raptors... What's next?"
"Me be troll. Troll all be crazy. So means, me be normal." A nasty grin split the trolls face. "Me be seein' orcs be jumpin' crocs, mon."
Boktor took a deep breath and opened his mouth to give this freakish troll some pieces of his mind but no word came out. After all, the troll was right. He did kill the crocolisk and Boktor followed his lead by his own decision. He did scare the raptor away without any bloodshed and yes, he told him to come to his aid in case of an attack. Boktor shook his head and started laughing. Shoya'Jin joined him and so they stood on the road, laughing out loud. Nura joined in, too and even Tusk gave some amused squeals.

Crossroads was pretty much the same as Razor Hill. A tavern, some merchants and a blacksmith. Some of the guards were tauren and Boktor, who never saw a tauren so close before, eyed them curiously. They entered the tavern and Boktor couldn't help but stare at the huge innkeeper - another tauren.
"Welcome, friends. My name is Boorand Plainswind. I sell food and drink and rest. Make yourself at home, there is no better place in Crossroads." He laughed. "In fact, there is no other place in Crossroads."
"I am sorry, friend, but you are the first tauren I ever met. My name is Boktor. Now I know why Thrall was so relieved when your people joined the horde. You must make great warriors."
Boorand sighed.
"My people joined Thrall and the horde when they came to our rescue. The centaurs brought us close to our extinction. My people would never have survived without the orcs. But never forget that the culture of your people is very different from the culture of mine. Yes, we are tall and strong, we look fierce and yes, we make great warriors too. But unlike the orcs, fighting is not part of our way of living. The shu'halo follow the ways of the earthmother. We live with the nature, not against it. We hunt when in need, not for profit and not for sport. We do not seek the honor of the battlefield but if war is inevitable, our enemies will soon be sure to learn to fear the wrath and raging of the shu'halo warrior. But the wisdom we gain from nature and the spirits of our ancestors almost always shows a way to avoid bloodshed, my friend."
Boktor was impressed. To see that these huge people, who looked so fierce and strong, always tried to find a peaceful way was incredible. The tauren put three goblets on the table and filled them from a wineskin.
"This is my best mead, made from honey of my own bees. The first one is on the house, special service to young hunters." He laughed and took one of the goblets and drained it with a practiced flick of his head. Boktor and Shoya'Jin thanked him and took their goblets too. Boktor was used to water and wine but this mead was something special. It had a very good taste and was slightly chilled.
"That was like honey being poured down your back." Boktor smacked his lips.
"Me be thinkin' dis be good mojo, mon!" agreed the troll.
Boorand smiled. "I'm glad you like it. Now, what can I do for you?"
"Actually, we are looking for Sergra Darkthorne. Kargal Battlescaar sent us to see her."
"Kargal sent you? That is good. The earthmother knows we could use some helping hands around here." the tauren said. "And it is pretty sure you will learn al lot about hunting." He pointed out the door. "See that orc lady over there? That's her. That's Sergra."

to be continued...
Attachments
xroads.jpg
xroads.jpg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Last edited by Karathyriel on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel

Re: Boktor and Tusk are back! (Part 6 out now!)

^_____^
(More! :D)

Oh, and I completely agree about writing a story blindly. It's much more fun when you just choose where the plot heads as you go along. :3
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Is it wrong of me to just realize now that Veph's hunter named Segra has a cat named Darkthorn, and there's an NPC called Segra Darkthorn? I mean, give me some credit...I play Alliance, but I only just figured that out....

On topic, awesome story!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Sergra Darkthorn should have a song sang about her. I've tried to write an Ode to Sergra but I'm not very good at such things... maybe I'll come back to it. But me and my guild are ardent XR defenders, and Sergra is always there to lend a helping hand--or sometimes we arrive to find her finishing someone off. In TBC it was always great seeing an epic'd out 70 die to her after underestimating her powers of awesome. Sergra also insults male players and encourages female players.

Also, she casts Mark of the Wild, Whirlwind and is called a Shaman. /grovel

On-topic, still reading this story and still very much enjoying it. Looking forward to the next installment :D
Vephriel

Azunara wrote:Is it wrong of me to just realize now that Veph's hunter named Segra has a cat named Darkthorn, and there's an NPC called Segra Darkthorn?
Heehee, no worries! ^.^ When I made my female orc and found that name free I knew it was perfect. x)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I couldn't help it. I've been reading these (and loving them!) and Saturo's comments and, well...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jyFJzg015L4/T ... a+Boar.jpg

Anyway. I love your story, and I can hardly tell that English isn't your first language. Often, I forget that fact. I love Shoya'jin's personality, and how much it confuses Boktor.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks, people!

Seems like Shoya'Jin steals Boktors show right now... :lol:

Vephriel wrote:^_____^
(More! :D)
Please choose an option:

You are:
  • addicted
  • greedy
  • demanding
  • all of the above
Geez, Veph... I wish I could write all day too! :lol:
Attachments
xroads2.jpg
xroads2.jpg (178.62 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Last edited by Karathyriel on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.