My (not so) amazing taming story

Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

My (not so) amazing taming story

Unread post by Zanidar »

I do not have any pictures (I was to busy running from wolves) but I have a taming story. My hunter, Zanidar, was level 22. I was tired of having a wolf and raptor like everyone else had, so I went to petopia and started looking at other pets that i could tame. Then I saw the Daggercap Hawk. I had almost never seen anyone with a bird, and never seen anyone with the Daggercap Hawk skin. I looked up where to find it, found out how to get to howling fjord, where it was, and set off on my adventure. When I got to howling fjord, i ran out of the undead town and almost instantly was killed by a wolf. I rezzed, and got killed by wolves all the way to an elevator. I went up the elevator, and started running to Valgarde, getting killed over and over. When I got there, I couldnt find the hawk! I then realized (after getting killed by guards a lot) that it was in Wyrmskull Village. I went there, got killed by dragonflayer things, and after a long time, finally had my Daggercap Hawk. :D
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: My (not so) amazing taming story

Unread post by Vephriel »

That's one of my favourite pets to tame on a lowbie hunter. ^^ The venture into Northrend is quite exhilarating, haha.

Congrats! :D
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

Thank you! It is much harder as a horde player than as an alliance player to tame it, on my Night elf warrior, I have seen a bunch of hunters with it.

btw i forgot to add, i have had the pet for a little while now, i just did not get around to posting this until now
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

Grats on getting your pet! Birds are a tad rare to see nowadays. I tamed a Fjord Hawk Matriarch for a lil while, mostly as a kick and named it "InAmerica" as a reference to the youtube vidoes yugioh abridged series. Theres a character called Bandit keith and in the abridged show they have him overly obsessed with America. So i figured what the hell and tamed the bald eagle model xD

here is a video of the best moments of character :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiyH4QS8nCk
Props to Karathyriel
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

lol that video is funny. I don't really get why birds are so rare to see? Why does everyone want a wolf?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wolves are technically the best pet for raiding DPS, so most people follow the cookie cutter method and want to stick with the preferred 'norm'.
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

Zanidar wrote:lol that video is funny. I don't really get why birds are so rare to see? Why does everyone want a wolf?
Heheh glad you enjoyed it :P The entire series is a riot!

As for wolves, their Furious Howl ability sadly makes em one of the highest dmg dealing pets to use as they give a buff to the hunter as well as themselves. Personally i say use whatever pet you like. If a guild forces ppl to use to wolf Vs a pet of their choice, then i'd rather not be in such a guild. From a purely dps standpoint raptors, cats,wasps and a few others are more then adequate to dish out the dps.

Birds are pretty much used for Pvp to snatch the weapons of melee dps. Most hunters i use stick to the crab and spider.
Props to Karathyriel
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zanidar »

ah ok, I like the wolves, but they are to common, I like rarer pets.

Snatch? my bird has a screech ability, i think he is a carrion bird, not a bird of prey, but the other birds with the same skin are birds of prey. Or maybe it is the other way around
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

Zanidar wrote:ah ok, I like the wolves, but they are to common, I like rarer pets.

Snatch? my bird has a screech ability, i think he is a carrion bird, not a bird of prey, but the other birds with the same skin are birds of prey. Or maybe it is the other way around

Ah i forgot that we have two separate bird types now >.< sowwies!

I
Props to Karathyriel