Oops moment?

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Oops moment?

Unread post by Tilo »

So while out in Un'Goro with Orcus doing quests, I go to take out a Bloodpetal Trapper, & there's Simone & Precious.

Orcus uses stomp, & here's the result. :(

So.. what's your oops moment?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Re: Oops moment?

Unread post by Skyshot »

Ooooh I've done that before. >_> On my hunter and my pally. She just had to wander through my consecration...

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It's worse when your pet is on defensive and far away, not attacking anything, and she suddenly jumps after it anyway. -.-

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My oops moment was deleting my main. I don't think I can top that.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I've had sooooo many oops moments. Seems like I try to top myself every time. If I can disengage off it, I probably have. Tab-targeting the mob BEHIND the tank that he hasn't pulled yet? Yup. Accidentally sending the pet to the mob on the floor below? Check. Feigning death by accident so that it's on cooldown when I need it? Many times. :oops:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sarayana wrote:Feigning death by accident so that it's on cooldown when I need it? Many times. :oops:
One of the hunters in my guild had severe aggro problems for a while, so the warrior tank gave him the suggestion to macro Feign into his Steady, so he wouldn't have to worry about aggro...

It was... Amusing.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tab-targeting the mob BEHIND the tank that he hasn't pulled yet?
I did this on my dps warr. I charged right into them.
Sarayana

Dewclaw wrote:
Tab-targeting the mob BEHIND the tank that he hasn't pulled yet?
I did this on my dps warr. I charged right into them.
*snicker* I'd have laughed, I have to admit it. :lol:
Saturo wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Feigning death by accident so that it's on cooldown when I need it? Many times. :oops:
One of the hunters in my guild had severe aggro problems for a while, so the warrior tank gave him the suggestion to macro Feign into his Steady, so he wouldn't have to worry about aggro...

It was... Amusing.
O_O He took the warrior's advice???? Then he deserved it. :lol:

I have FD on shift-1 and my viper/dragonhawk macro on alt-1, so sometimes I'll be seen feigning when we leave combat. Mostly when I'm tired. Mostly.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Ooooh, I remember mine. The feeling like the pit of your stomach dropped away...

Hide of the Wild

That was my first ever proper (i.e. max-level) epic. It was crafted. Anyone remember back in vanilla when that thing was relevant? the +22 spell power used to be a (then) hefty chunk of +healing.

It required the grinding of FIVE Larval Acid, which were a very, very occaional drop in EPL.

Making this cloak required me and a couple of more established WoW friends to dedicate DAYS to the pursuit of these acids, then finding someone to craft it. I was immensely proud of getting it. Back when epic meant epic, this was the kind of item that people used to /w me about. I was immensely happy.

So immensely happy that I was distracted, and I accidentally disenchanted it 11 minutes after I first equipped it.

O_O

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(It was all fixed by a GM, but for a few hours I hated myself, and was still trying to work out how to explain it to my guild when my ticket was answered.)
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Blinking right off a cliff in howling fjord on my mage .. O_o *Splat*

mounting up on my Hawkstrider omboard Orgrim's hammer in icecrown and only realizing it half a sec before going splat among about 1000 elites >.<

I'm sure ya'll have had similar wopsies .. but those stuck with me because of the humor in the events.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Blinking right off a cliff in howling fjord on my mage .. O_o *Splat*
My mage got aggro in Netherstorm once and rather than engage the mobs, I chose to run. I saw a cliff and figured I'd feather fall onto it and lose aggro that way. I popped feather fall and floated serenely past the cliff and serenely to my death as I sailed into the void.
*snicker* I'd have laughed, I have to admit it. :lol:
We wiped. The tank nerd raged and quit. The rest of the group seemed to get a chuckle out of it (I'm not sure though, because they did not speak English), re-queued, and we finished.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Hrm....most recently? Queued for a random on Taigi, and then went to do that quest up on top of the mountain when you fight your inner turmoil in Howling Fjord.

Leapt off the mountain at the end and started floating serenely down because of the 3-minute buff. Dungeon pops. Been waiting FOREVER, so I automatically click accept.

Dungeon fails massively; tank DC'd, other members left, so I eventually left too. Phase back into the real world....still mountain-height in midair, on a kodo. Minus floating buff.

Insta-dead. When I actually hit the ground. Took a while. :P

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sarayana

VelkynKarma wrote:Hrm....most recently? Queued for a random on Taigi, and then went to do that quest up on top of the mountain when you fight your inner turmoil in Howling Fjord.

Leapt off the mountain at the end and started floating serenely down because of the 3-minute buff. Dungeon pops. Been waiting FOREVER, so I automatically click accept.

Dungeon fails massively; tank DC'd, other members left, so I eventually left too. Phase back into the real world....still mountain-height in midair, on a kodo. Minus floating buff.

Insta-dead. When I actually hit the ground. Took a while. :P

~VelkynKarma
Bwahahahahahah! That's awesome. :lol: "I just kept falling and falling... *voice trails off* *rocks back and forth*"

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

ouch.... I saw someone die from that once.... was pretty funny :lol:
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I learned a long time ago to not play when half asleep. One of the side effects seems to be not noticing that what I am trying to attack isn't actually a part of the pack we are fighting.....

Jumping off a cliff only to belatedly realize that I didn't have any regeants for slow fall.

One of my personal favorite! Jumping off of the cliff in Maradon to get to the alligator boss with water walking on on my shaman.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:I learned a long time ago to not play when half asleep. One of the side effects seems to be not noticing that what I am trying to attack isn't actually a part of the pack we are fighting.....

Jumping off a cliff only to belatedly realize that I didn't have any regeants for slow fall.

One of my personal favorite! Jumping off of the cliff in Maradon to get to the alligator boss with water walking on on my shaman.
If you hold down both mousebuttons and look down you'll dive, even with waterwalking. :D

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have a LOT of oops...
I'm not sure if my best fall was walking off the edge of Teldrassil and getting my body stuck halfway up and my soul lost on the sea at around lvl 12 on my very first toon...or later on, on that same toon, looking for Skoll in Storm Peaks and having the button for my targeting macro right next to and the same color as my flying mount button....
Or, when a druid friend gave me a run thru of Scarlet Monastery. In the Cathedral, we came up one side, with most of the mobs still alive. Then I wandered over to Morgraine and the whole room came down on us...I had no idea what happened, I'd never been in there before. I died, she died. And she was lvl 80.
Sarayana

I've done the same Teigs. :lol: I can't exactly say I was new to the game, uhm, it was about a month or two ago... :oops: I was running around doing Loremaster and I fell off a branch. I ended up jumping as a ghost and passing my corpse about halfway down. *sigh* The run back around to Rutheran is LONG!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Lol, so I did this one last night.

Working on Loremaster, and started at Booty Bay since Silinrul didn't quest there at all it seems. I get a quest to check out some bloodsail camps, the one RIGHT above Booty bay, so I jump off the dock at the end of BB and intend to just swim around the corner to the camp.

I tap autorun on just to make things easier and then switch to firefox for a second to check something.

My mum comes in and starts asking me questions. I start talking with her. I can see the edge of my wow screen and there's movement at the very edges so for some reason I assume I'm on a flight path. Talk with my mum for a bit more. I can hear sounds that are almost like the angry shouts of humans and the WHIR of spells flying at me, but that doesn't make sense; you can't get attacked on a Flightpath after all. Ignore it.

Talk more. STILL hearing the angry humans and flying spells. I pop back to wow, curious. And there's Silinrul, running on her horse halfway up Stranglethorn Vale, with a whole trail of Bloodsail pirates behind her giving chase. LULZ. A Flintlocke moment if there ever was one :P

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Raloth »

Hmm....my oops moment was in Kara before wrath on the way to Moroes on my main...I accidentally pulled the wrong group of adds that were being left. Luckily my guild mates are good sports about things like that..they just swept in and killed them too XD

Other'n that it's usually forgetting I'm on a LAND mount and not a flying one when I jump off cliffs. Hunter pancakes anyone? XD