A hunters journal about taming Arcturis

bikazig
Realm: Greymane

A hunters journal about taming Arcturis

Unread post by bikazig »

Since i've decided that today i will be camping for Arcturis top add to my collection i figured id try to make something interesting to keep mat least i little bit entertained while i wait. I figured i would write about what happens today from my hunters point of view as if he was writing in a journal about his hunt. I plan to update this every few hours (if i dont forget) hopefully this turns into something interesting.

Journal Entry #1: The Hunt Begins 6:44AM

I have heard rumors about a certain beast. A bear that seemed to be a ghost of some kind. Rumors say this beast has been spotted in Grizzly Hills near a alliance outpost called Amberpine Lodge. So i took the zeppelin to Northrend and flew there on the back of my Bronze Drake. It has been a few months since i have been here. As i sit here with my Bronze Drake waiting i watch the grizzly bears in the stream nearby fish for salmon. A little skunk seems to keep running around i find him cute but i can only hope i dont upset the little guy last thing i need is my smell to scare Arcturis away. I can hear the alliance nearby talking tho i have no clue what is being said. I wonder if they even know im this close to them. Well for the time being i shall lay back and tap a short nap.

Journal Entry #2: Boredom Kicks In... 8:19AM

Oh the drudgery! Boredom has slowly kicked in i have spent my time watching the little skunk run around. He has yet to rest i wish i had the energy he has. I watched a Draenei warrior kill one of the Grizzly Bears earlier. I felt sorry for the bear tho i will remember the sacrifice he had made to better the life of another. A Night elf hunter has shown up here. I can only guess he wants the beast as well. I am determined to make the beast mine and no one will get in the way of that.

Journal Entry #3 Still waiting... 9:04AM

Yep im still waiting. I begin having thoughts that such a creature doe not exist. The Night elf seems to come and go which confuses me if he wants the beast or not. I dunno what more i can say nothing has changed. the skunk is still running around without stopping the bears keep fishing. Maybe i should join them and fish as well it would help pass the time. Maybe i can even tame one to be a pet I've always found myself wanting a pet bear for awhile...

Journal entry #4 After a long break.... 5:00PM

So i decided to take a break. I returned to see the skunk still running around and the bears still fishing. As far as i know the beast has yet to show up but iwill not give up. I will spend the rest of the evening waiting.

Journal entry #5 The Hunt Renews 9:19PM

My guild mates contacted me a few hours earlier asking if i wish to join them in raiding the Icecrown citadel. I agreed to end my hunt and joined them we defeated many powerful foes but alas Festergut proved to be to much for our healers. We decided to take a break and rest our tired bruised bodies so i returned to the spot in Grizzly hills where i now continue to hunt for Arcturis. The little skunk seems to be gone i wonder where he went...

Journal Entry #6 Got ya! 9:59PM

Finally! The beast appeared before my eyes i wasted no time as i quickly tamed the beast! Now i need to think of a name for it. It doesnt seem to be as powerful as my other two rare beasts but im sure with a bit a training it will do fine. For now i will spend my time feeding it and learning more about it im sure they will be plenty of adventures for us both to have in the future.
Last edited by bikazig on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Re: A hunters journal about taming Arcturis

Unread post by Rethei »

Creative and interesting ^ ^

I may be mistaken but this perhaps should be moved to the fan art section!
Props to Karathyriel
bikazig

Unread post by bikazig »

Hmm..maybe i wasnt actually sure if i should post it here or there. Well if it belongs in the fan art section feel free to move this no hard feelings >.>

I just reported it to be moved if it needs to be <.<
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

bikazig wrote:Hmm..maybe i wasnt actually sure if i should post it here or there. Well if it belongs in the fan art section feel free to move this no hard feelings >.>

I wasn't trying to sound like it was a big no no or anything xD!

:hug:
Props to Karathyriel
bikazig

Unread post by bikazig »

Rethei wrote:
bikazig wrote:Hmm..maybe i wasnt actually sure if i should post it here or there. Well if it belongs in the fan art section feel free to move this no hard feelings >.>

I wasn't trying to sound like it was a big no no or anything xD!

:hug:

Lol Nothing wrong im just very tired and just decided to post here. Tho now i agree it should of went to fan art. I've been waiting for this spirit beast way before i started this post. I started camping for him at 10PM last night (Eastern standard Time) and its..9:28AM now (the times in my hunters journal is server time which is a hour behind me) So yea any mess ups i do during this over look them.. caffeine has been keeping me up <.<
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

Hehehe well keep entering those journal bits! Best of luck taming him, i LOVE my "Budd" and i know you will too! ^ ^
Props to Karathyriel
bikazig

Unread post by bikazig »

Last update i finally got Arcturis! Sorry if this was epic or as good as you had hope but today has really been a up and down day for me with RL issues and raiding issues but i hope someone out there enjoyed this. I will think about writing something more...epic next time =D