Tyger's Yarn Arts

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: My Sort-Of Art

Unread post by Silivren »

Rhyela wrote:AMG Mortimer! I have a ghost jormungar named Mortimer. It is an epicsauce name! :D

I really like that picture of Willowe, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Edit: lawl, looking at the last pic again.....Is Mortimer stalking a grub? :lol:

So wait all 3 of us have Mortimers?.. o.O My Black Jormungar is Mortimer because its an anagram of "Im Tremor" :lol: - also fancy work there Tyger :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

My Mortimer defies your Mortimers by being an orange and grey felboar. :lol:
And thanks!

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Holy crap an update! It's nothing too fancy, just my four Empire ladies. :)
This piece right here has been the main reason I've been grinding out Tyger, my bounty hunter. XD I wanted so badly to make sure I'd get the Legacy name Vega; now that I've got it, I can settle some of my altoholitis a bit.

To explain a little bit: Once you hit about level 30 and finish up your main class quests on Alderaan, you unlock what's called a Legacy Name. It can be used as a surname or as an extra title. Unfortunately it applies to all of your characters, and seeing as how all my characters look vastly different from one another, I decided that, logically, a surname would be kind of weird as I can't believe that they'd all be sisters or whatever. So instead, I figure they've created another kind of sisterhood with one another--a clan. The name Vega just sort of fell into place as something that sounded good and had a ring to it (it's relation to Veyga, the worgen, is purely coincidental).

The colors of their names also represent whether they are Dark Side or Light Side oriented.

And thus, The Marvelous, Brilliant, and Deadly (:P) Ladies of Clan Vega! :D
From left to right: Vy'ala-Pureblood Sith Warrior; Juggernaut AC, Vengeance spec
Tyger-Chiss Bounty Hunter; Mercenary AC, Bodyguard spec
Chlora-Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor; Assassin AC, Deception spec
Thirteen-Rattataki Imperial Agent; Sniper AC, Engineering spec

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, I got bored last night waiting for my boyfriend to finish his movie before going to bed and the SW:TOR servers were down so I went crazy cutting out pieces of screenshots I had taken from in game and turning them into (free to use) avatars. :)

Tauntauns:

Stoneskin Wraid:

Icetromper:

Sneaky Ice Cat:

Nerf:

Hutt:

Empire Interfleet Transport:

[/center]
Silivren

Ooooh omg can you do those epic cats from Alderaan? I LOVE THOSE! The Manka Cats I think? Also how did you make your siggy? I really really want my juggernaut Stophia to have an epic siggy like yours. <3

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Next time I make my way out to Alderaan I'll make sure to try and get a decent shot of one of the cats there. :D
My sig is just a cut out of my bounty hunter from the character selection screen and some text (specifically my server name, guild name, character's name and chosen saying to go with it, and legacy name) sitting on top of a planetorial picture of Nar Shaddaa. If you'd like, I could make you one as well, all I'd need is a picture of your juggernaut from the selection screen. :)

[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Do they have Tuskcats in TOR? There coolios and would be cool to see what you'd do with one XD

I never got to go to Hoth when I played but are all Tauntauns blue O.o are there white ones?
Silivren

Ooooh!!! Epic!!! Um.. how do I get the picture xD I still havent figured out how to take screenshots lol. Btw Sith Corruption doesnt show up on the selection screen does it?

And yes Cow, thats what I'm talking about those are Manka cats aka the ones on Alderaan. :)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vulpixen wrote:Ooooh!!! Epic!!! Um.. how do I get the picture xD I still havent figured out how to take screenshots lol. Btw Sith Corruption doesnt show up on the selection screen does it?

And yes Cow, thats what I'm talking about those are Manka cats aka the ones on Alderaan. :)

Really? Did not know that. So Tusk cats and Manka cats are the same? XD Tusk cats are on Naboo or everywhere it seems now :lol:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I can't remember if I saw a tuskcat in my travels, I'll see if there's any on torhead. Seems Vul beat me to it. xD

As for the tauntauns, they're likely supposed to be white, but the snow and air being sort of bluish on the planet is probably what's making them look blue. I noticed the lighting in game isn't always very screenshot friendly.

Your screenshots are likely located in your documents folder (that's where I found mine). Other than that you just hit the print screen button and it'll snag a shot of the selection screen. :) And no, it doesn't show sith corruption on the loading screen.

[/center]
Silivren

They originated on Alderaan but they have traveled to other planets because people catch them and train them as fighting pets or keep them simply for show ;D

See heres one - http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/codex/c ... .manka.png

And blast lol shes got pretty orange eyes atm ^_^

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You could try a shot from both in the game and from the selection screen if you want her sith corruption showing; I haven't used an in game shot for anything but the little avatars I've made (mostly because they're tiny) because I haven't liked the way the lighting looks in game in a screenshot. However, I'm willing to use an in game shot if you can get it in decent lighting if you really want the corruption showing. :D

[/center]
Silivren

TygerDarkstorm wrote:You could try a shot from both in the game and from the selection screen if you want her sith corruption showing; I haven't used an in game shot for anything but the little avatars I've made (mostly because they're tiny) because I haven't liked the way the lighting looks in game in a screenshot. However, I'm willing to use an in game shot if you can get it in decent lighting if you really want the corruption showing. :D

I can try that yeah, I will later tonight and get back to you tomorrow. I think her corruption is phenomenal. shes almost Dark Side 4 and only level 25 currently shes Stophia the Destructive.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh okay I understand that about Tauntauns. Still look cool! (allso found out theres heaps of differnt types of them anyway could be blue ones!)

Vulpixen wrote:They originated on Alderaan but they have traveled to other planets because people catch them and train them as fighting pets or keep them simply for show ;D

See heres one - http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/codex/c ... .manka.png
Oh well then thats odd cos Wookieepedia says Tusk catsare from Naboo but knowing starwars theres bound to be more than one lot of lore for something or could be just sharing a name or something.

That's the tusk cat I was talking about!
Silivren

Ah yes the one that was in SW Galaxies! I had a pet one, I still like Manka cats more but the Star Wars Galaxies ones irked me because they didnt have hoof like appendiges.. I love Gurrecks and Sludge Panthers as well too! Oh and EVERYBODY loves Krayt Dragons! They dont look very big in this pic but these guys are HUUUUGE!!!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vulpixen wrote:Ah yes the one that was in SW Galaxies! I had a pet one, I still like Manka cats more but the Star Wars Galaxies ones irked me because they didnt have hoof like appendiges.. I love Gurrecks and Sludge Panthers as well too! Oh and EVERYBODY loves Krayt Dragons! They dont look very big in this pic but these guys are HUUUUGE!!!

Tusk cats are a pain in Galactic battlegrounds too allways eating my workers >.<

Of course everyone loves Krayt Dragons! Do one of those TygerDarkstorm XD I know theres many types but any would be great! Don't get eaten tho!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If there's a Krayt dragon hiding around in SW:TOR I've never seen one. And if it's the world boss on Tattooine, I'm not getting killed to get a screenshot of one. xD

Hm, supposedly there's some krayt dragons out in Tattooine that are just elites; I'll have to go take a look. Pity there's not any information about them on torhead.
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If there's a Krayt dragon hiding around in SW:TOR I've never seen one. And if it's the world boss on Tattooine, I'm not getting killed to get a screenshot of one. xD

Fair enough. XD
Silivren

Yar there isnt but thats where I got that SS from :lol: It was a Sw:TOR one it said.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'll probably go cruising around in the deserts of Tattoine later to see if I can't find a krayt dragon.

[/center]