New Devilsaur Skin *Update 14/5/13* Feralsaur!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Devilsaur Skin *Update 10/3/11* Junglesaur!

Unread post by Lupis »

Junglesaur = win. I would love that.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

pop wrote:This is my devil-spinosaurus, can you make a better rendition of it?
I'll see what we can do :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: New Devilsaur Skin

Unread post by Worba »

Spiritbinder wrote: :D
Thanks guys, I may even keep at it and see if I can come up with a few other variants. I'll take into account your feedback too Tårnfalk, your right, it is a little "butch" as you put it, I think It's a combination of the style and maybe some of the dimensions of the head.

I really do love yours as well Akyo, your work is always so very impressive. :hug:
Personally I didn't feel the head was "too butch" at all - imo it's distinctive and brutal, just as a devilsaur should be!

The only change I would have recommended would be on the first one - more segmentation of the chitin would be good, you don't want those parts to seem like they're bending when it moves.

And the junglesaur was pure awesome - right on par with anything from Samwise Didier. You are not just a good artist (e.g. able to depict realistic looking images), you also have a knack for making monsters that are put together in a way that is both cool and believable. Not to gush too much but I could easily see you rendering monsters for sci fi / horror movies.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Re: New Devilsaur Skin

Worba wrote: Personally I didn't feel the head was "too butch" at all - imo it's distinctive and brutal, just as a devilsaur should be!

The only change I would have recommended would be on the first one - more segmentation of the chitin would be good, you don't want those parts to seem like they're bending when it moves.

And the junglesaur was pure awesome - right on par with anything from Samwise Didier. You are not just a good artist (e.g. able to depict realistic looking images), you also have a knack for making monsters that are put together in a way that is both cool and believable. Not to gush too much but I could easily see you rendering monsters for sci fi / horror movies.
^^ Wow, Thanks Worba, That means a lot to me, no really. I really dont see me quite in Sams callibre, he's just getting better all the time that guy and he's soooooo good, but if you think so.. :hug:

­
­
­
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

they're all great I could picture a magma devilsaur though it'd be like terrorpene, just like what you posted, looks great...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

looks more like a oceansuar X3
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Re: New Devilsaur Skin *Update 14/5/13* Feralsaur!

**UPDATE**

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7052

So yeah... it was like 3 years ago since I did one, but I did have this one tucked away, half-finished for about that long...
Today I finally pulled my finger out, along with my pencil and finished it off today.

This one was inspired by wildstormz original suggestion:
"Maybe try add it tail etc. something special.... Maybe try as Fox or lion or lynx etc.."

We decided to take it in a less scaly direction and make it a bit more bestial, make him a really feral devil indeed! :)

Ironically as well, he fits in pretty dam well with TOT and the new dinosaurs and stuff in this current patch, even if I drew him years ago ;)
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

You know.. I would instantly level my hunter to 90 for those Devilsaurs and tame them. I'm not even a Devilsaur freak!

No, really. I would love if Blizzard added an ancient/feral/the first/survivor of the first generation type of rare Devilsaur which would also be challenge tame. It would be cool if they added that kind of lore to it, where you hear it from an NPC and you help him discover the Devilsaur.

Sorry, I just have this really weird obsession with thinking that anything 'ancient' and 'primitive'/more feral and basic form.. basically the more spikier and untamed kind of primal animal, which was the base for the newers animals (in this case Devilsaurs) you see today. Would be cool to have a walking fossil as pet.

I also think pet tames would really benefit from a bit of lore. It would give them this depth that makes you enjoy them even more.

But yeah.. I digress. I think these are really cool designs, and thank you for sharing them! I hope Blizzard takes a good look at them sometime and creates a model of them; little hope, but hope nonetheless. It would just be really wicked.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

:D

Thanks Qraljar, I really do enjoy taking a "primal/ancient" direction with a lot of designs. Evolving pets is normally the direction most people take, be devolving can be just as much fun, if not more. I also find that going that way you end up with a much more brutal and untamed version, more gritty and carnal, which for me also plays nicely with the hunter vibe. Putting the wild back into the wilderness. :)

Thanks again and glad you liked it.

­
­
­
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Feral Devilsaur... all the best (worst?) qualities of a werewolf and a tyrannosaurus, all in one terrifying beast!
Image Image
Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

Nice drawings of New Devilsaur skins. I absolutely love them :D Hoping when they are colored I could use one for my new signature.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

holy crud those are some AWESOME lookin devilsaurs!
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

I think the Primal/Jungle and Outland/ Deepholm devilsaurs should be added in the new Expansion Warlords of Draenor.....in Tanaan Jungle! That'd be cool,its both outland and it has the jungle theme. Totally going for 1 of those if they were added!
Siggy and Avatar under CoNsTrUcTiOn!!

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! Just keep waiting.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

I agree i would tame them all but what about a spirit beast devilsaur id like to see a model of that maybe with a combo of red and green colors kinda like the spirit porcupines except solid not see-thru
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:Feral Devilsaur!
(For those days you just can't be bothered bushing his hair.)
I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

These are all amazing but a FLOOF REX!! *dies* I need this. I do.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

I need that Feral FLUFF rex....omg

These are all awesome though <3 :)