Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Makoes »

I didn't get the email...even though I am subscribed...hmmmmm *worries*

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Makoes »

I did it!!!!!!!!

I beat the game with Just Ixion :D

Shiny Gogoat (Ixion)
lv 100, adamant
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Horn Leech
Earthquak

Time: 25:25 hr

There were some really tough times, not just against pokemon that were strong against me, but also trying not to pass the badge level caps, because having my sole pokemon not listen to me on fights it's weak to was not fun!! But we managed to make it through, and by the time we got to the Elite 4, Ixion hit lv 100. For the most part the E4 were easy...but ones like Angislash gave us a really tough time, and depleted the pp much faster then I'd like, and Altaria kept putting me to sleep. For the Champion, there really wasn't any pokemon that put up enough resistance to be dangerous.

I think the main key to a solo run is a pokemon that can use many different types of attacks so that you can cover weakness, also a pokemon that does not have -to- many weaknesses...of course Gogoat has 5 ^^;

Now to move my Ixion and Doom Chicken (that's all I am ever going to call it!!!) to my other game and reset this Y game...maybe another Solo in the future!

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Because it's quite dead, I have a challenge for everyone! I've been meaning to do it myself actually.

Mono type trainer cards for all typres. IE: Ice Type only, Fire Type only, etc. They can share types, but the primary must be the type you're doing. This'll be interesting as there are types I don't like any pokemon from. I'm not really a Bug fan, which is odd because I like bugs in real life.

Edit: Example. All these are Ice primary. I couldn't put Dewgong or Lapras because they were Water/Ice
I don't like Beartic all that much, but out of the other choices...
Attachments
trainercard-Ice.png
trainercard-Ice.png (54.53 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I am not sure why this thread got so quiet...

Been playing the Demo for ORAS and I like some of the new features, love the new cave looks, grass in caves is kinda weird though...The dialogue is much different from what I am use to, context, wording, it's actually more amusing now XD
Wondering if the "sneaking up" on pokemon is a new form of shiny hunt...I see dark pokemon forms, flapping for flying types, kinda blob for non flying, but I did see a white sparkling patch but when I got close it just went "poof"...wondering if that is because it's a demo...

~~~
~~~
~~~

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I will have to do that Seila when I'm feeling better, right now I can't sit in front of my laptop too long without getting headaches. :c

My Glaceon and Eevee kid figure have still not even been dispatched as far as I'm aware. >.> Getting really impatient cause that's been like two weeks since I paid for them now...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I've actually run into a snag with my own rules. Apparently the Flying types are pretty much all secondary. There are only a few (not enough to fill a card) that have Flying primary. So I'm thinking of skipping it, or just picking Flying types I didn't use for other cards at the end.

Here is where I am at so far!

Really not a fan of most Bug types. Picked the ones I liked based on colors/looks.

This one was soooo easy. I love me some Dark types. Mega Houndoom and Mega Absol.

I love Dragonair. Dragonite is such a let down because he goes all orange.. wish he kept the blue and elegant look. Needed filler, so I put Rayquaza.

A little bit o badass Pokemon, and a little bit o cute Pokemon.

I think Fairy beat Bug for me. This was one of the hardest ones for me to do so far. I don't really like ANY Fairy types besides Sylveon. Xerneas is cool, though.

Kind of got a baby gonna kick your butt going on with the bottom row. Yes, Pancham and Pangoro. I absolutely HATE Timbur's evolution line, but he's kind of cute.

Knew what I was picking before I got to Fire, it practically filled itself.

Can you tell I have a little bit of gothic in me? Pretty easy to fill this card. I love shiny Litwick. Mega Banette is pretty cool. Duskull/Phantump for cute ghosties.

Previously posted Ice. Again, a lot that aren't primary Ice. I hate Cubchoo, but Beartic is alright. Hate his crotch fur though.
Attachments
trainercard-Bug.png
trainercard-Bug.png (53.12 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Dark.png
trainercard-Dark.png (41.89 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Dragon.png
trainercard-Dragon.png (50.94 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Electric.png
trainercard-Electric.png (52.28 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Fairy.png
trainercard-Fairy.png (60.84 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Fighting.png
trainercard-Fighting.png (50.31 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Ghost.png
trainercard-Ghost.png (46.57 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Ice.png
trainercard-Ice.png (54.53 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
trainercard-Fire.png
trainercard-Fire.png (51.83 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Maybe people should just do their favourite types? I think I could easily do some cards for Fire, Dark and Electric, maybe a few others. (I want to say my favourite type is Ice but that type has so few decent Pokemon in my opinion... I like Articuno and Glaceon but that's about it. :/)

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

(wip)

Normal:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fire:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

~~~
~~~
~~~

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Snowy wrote:Maybe people should just do their favourite types? I think I could easily do some cards for Fire, Dark and Electric, maybe a few others. (I want to say my favourite type is Ice but that type has so few decent Pokemon in my opinion... I like Articuno and Glaceon but that's about it. :/)
I wanted to see what I would pick in types that I don't really like if I had to make a team all in that type. I agree, though. Some of the types have so little to pick from. Fairy being new it's a very small type pool. Ice is another one that is a bit neglected.

Everyone knows their favorites and who they'd pick, but what if you HAD to pick from a bunch you didn't like? What would you pick? Was sort of the point of the "challenge", but I did think of it to myself and thought it would maybe liven the thread up a bit.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I might get one done tomorrow, as I mentioned I'm currently out of sorts and can't sit at the PC too long. D':

Maybe I'll use a randomiser, shove all the types in and let it pick three at random and I'll do teams for those three.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

No worries, Snowy. Whenever and only if you want to. =D
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I got me a Diancie! :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or not.. but I've been meaning to draw Leash, my trainer self, for a while now. I'm not sure if I will stick with this, but this is a quick mouse drawing I did. I was attempting a sprite but drew it rather large for a sprite. Anatomy issues, etc. I threw base colors to give an idea of her outfit on there. Might change things yet.. I dunno. I want her to have long side bangs, two ponytails and long hair under that yet. Pokemon characters have outrageous hair so I figured I could get away with that much hair. Not sure what I will do with her left (right if you look at it) hand yet so I just put a default hand. Also might enlarge it a bit to draw the rest of her legs/feet if I ever go back to work on it.

Anyway, on to the picture.

And I'm thinking this would be her full team, because screw only having 6 pokemon at a time. She doesn't follow those rules! She doesn't like to carry her pokemon in pokeballs either.
Small for sig size.

Now to eventually draw Gabriel and make his team thinger, too. I'm trying to make him almost a mirror of Leash in a way. He has a Mightyena for Leash's Houndoom; a Milotic to her Dragonair; a Goodra to her CharX/Noivern... etc. I'm really starting to fall in love with Zekrom as well, so I might have him use Zekrom to her Reshiram.

--

Also, my Suicune collection is growing! Just got my Clipping figure yesterday, and my Zukan today. Expecting a keychain in the mail soon, and just bought another keychain from PKMNCollectors. I need to stop. I am only buying Suicune items when they pop up on there, but they've been popping up a lot lately. ><;;
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

ImageImageImage

Bf bought me the decal from GameThemedThings and I finally put it on tonight :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Okay so I had NO IDEA these things existed. Apparently they've been out and available since late last month? Urg I'm so out of sync with merch news. x___x

Luckily I have SilverLugia's merch week videos to keep me up to date though sadly she also seems to lag behind a bit in news sometimes. But if anyone's interested in a bunch of new ORAS themed merch as well as some other stuff, have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-f0fqLA-Q (And brace your wallets.)

So I'm gunna have to get that Sylveon and Lucario (they're Petit Plush Keychains) at some point, probably from SunyShore, but my mind is on the edge about getting them now or later. It'd cost me about £23 total including postage for them both which is actually a pretty decent price but I just spent loads on the Phantom Forces booster box. ;____; I might wait till next month.

And my final I ♥ Eevee keychain plush (Glaceon) still hasn't shown up, though she was only dispatched last week. That and I'm dying to see my new Bread Eevee kid figure.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

OMG those are so freaking cute. Like all of them are. So my friend got me an amazon gift card for my birthday and I went a little nuts ordering Umbreon stuff. :lol:

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yay half decent tablet camera with a flash that doesn't blind everything. And my Glaceon keychain plush arrived yesterday with my Eevee kid figure so photo time~

THE SET IS COMPLETEEEE. (Well as complete as it can get with no Sylveon in the 'I ♥ Eevee' line. Bleh.)

And my little Eevee kid sat with my two Sylveon ones, I don't have many kid figures. One day I think I'll get one for each of my Pokemon team members across all gen teams. C:

And finally, a decent photo of my top shelf collection where my Charizard Y, Fennekin, Lucario and Sylveon collections sit, as well as the TCG badges and the Charizard X figure. (Still scouring the interwebs for Xerneas and Yveltal TCG figures, turns out they are SUPER HARD for us UK people to get ahold of. :/)

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I feel your pain, Snowy. I think I need to have my bank ban online purchases from me for a while, lol.

Just a heads up, but check your local Walmarts! Someone spotted an end cap of PokeDolls from the Pokemon Center. I'll probably swing by there tomorrow and check mine to see if they have any.

I relocated my Suicune collection to the shelf above my monitor because Toby ate my one Suicune Chou Get... By ate I mean he chewed it up and I had to order another. =( Thank god it was only 8$, but still very upsetting. PKMNCollectors LJ is a total money sink, lol. I cut back and I only buy if I see a Suicune item I don't have that I want. Well EVERYONE has been posting Suicune items that I haven't been able to stop! Oh dear. I love it, but my bank account is yelling at me. (As well as my parents because I do plan to move in with my boyfriend very soon... as soon as we find a place. But hey.. I have a nice chunk o money saved!)

My Suicune Collection so far! (More on the way)

And the rest of my desk/collection. Not much has changed here as I mentioned earlier, I'm only really buying Suicune items.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Sadly we don't exactly have Walmarts over here. x'D I know ASDA is a chain of Walmart but I don't live anywhere near one...

I'm loving your Suicune collection though! I wish I could start one but I have a bit too many at the moment. xD I've been quite good with new Pokemon items though, I haven't bought an awful lot from LJ recently but that might be because I had to literally stop myself from browsing it every single day. Last things I bought were that Glaceon plush and Eevee kid. Now that I'm done with the keychain plushies though I'm sorely tempted to start getting some of the other 'I ♥ Eevee' plushies... Maybe after Christmas. xD

I love all your other Eeveelution Tomy plushies too! And I love that you have all the dragon Pokemon figures by your dragon statues. xD And we have the same Toothless figurine!! :D

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I forgot one! There's the rest of my eeveelus. Still missing Sylveon but that seems to be the hardest to find.

I didn't even notice that all the dragon types were by the dragon statues... lol. Totally didn't plan it. Goomy was up with them before I moved him down into the shelf I cleaned out. Can't wait for Tomy and Zukan Goomy line to be released.

I also should take your advice and not check LJ everyday multiple times a day. It's gotten to be habitt and a daily routine.