Pokemon!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Jurz »

Bah! sorry, I went to eat breakfast and take a shower, but I'm on now ^^;

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Thank you so much Rawr! :)

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Thanks :D now I have a new safari friend yay :headbang: :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Anywho, I have Alpha Sapphire and I'm headed towards the 3rd gym (I've been hunting the perfect sableye with dexnav for a month or so now and I finally just bought one to get it over with.)
But now I need to get an idea of what I should do with my team. I'm not competitive, but I wouldn't mind having something that would be strong in PVP.

So far my team is:
Perfect IV Male Noibat with Infiltrator
Mudkip Female (nothing special, but I love her)
Cottonee with Prankster
Perfect IV Male Sableye with Keen Eye (Planning to have this mega evolved when its released)
Nincada (Only used for HMs)

So I need 2 more pokemon for my team (one if I keep Nincada in there, but again it's only for HMs)

What should I go for? There are no limits, as I will be able to get -any- pokemon... But I'd kinda rather not use Legendaries for this team.

Pokemon I've thought about, but unsure about:

Joltik- I love these guys, but electric is used against flying (and water) ... So being part bug would make using it risky! Is it worth it?

Eelektross- No weakness is great. That's why I love sableye (except now he's weak to fairy :c ) ...But are these guys even any good? I don't know their build!

Scizor - Steel is always nice to have.. Though bug is a strange pair to have with it. False swipe would be great to have too, but I'm not actively trying to 'catch them all' any more these days!

Seviper- Great for countering fairy.. But if I remember correctly they're pretty squishy.

Scolipede - Cute as a bug (pun intended), but squishy?

Anywho, I'm open to suggestions. Don't feel limited to the ones I listed! Those were just some thoughts. Any help would be amazing!

Siggy under construction!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Snowy wrote:Chimera it can only be passed through SteetPassing with someone I'm afraid. So you can't transfer it via Wifi.
I hadn't checked back here but blah yeah I googled about it cause I dont even know much about streetpass and I found out its not an internet thing :C

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

;c no suggestions for my team?

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Bowno wrote:Anywho, I have Alpha Sapphire and I'm headed towards the 3rd gym (I've been hunting the perfect sableye with dexnav for a month or so now and I finally just bought one to get it over with.)
But now I need to get an idea of what I should do with my team. I'm not competitive, but I wouldn't mind having something that would be strong in PVP.

So far my team is:
Perfect IV Male Noibat with Infiltrator
Mudkip Female (nothing special, but I love her)
Cottonee with Prankster
Perfect IV Male Sableye with Keen Eye (Planning to have this mega evolved when its released)
Nincada (Only used for HMs)

So I need 2 more pokemon for my team (one if I keep Nincada in there, but again it's only for HMs)

What should I go for? There are no limits, as I will be able to get -any- pokemon... But I'd kinda rather not use Legendaries for this team.

Pokemon I've thought about, but unsure about:

Joltik- I love these guys, but electric is used against flying (and water) ... So being part bug would make using it risky! Is it worth it?

Eelektross- No weakness is great. That's why I love sableye (except now he's weak to fairy :c ) ...But are these guys even any good? I don't know their build!

Scizor - Steel is always nice to have.. Though bug is a strange pair to have with it. False swipe would be great to have too, but I'm not actively trying to 'catch them all' any more these days!

Seviper- Great for countering fairy.. But if I remember correctly they're pretty squishy.

Scolipede - Cute as a bug (pun intended), but squishy?

Anywho, I'm open to suggestions. Don't feel limited to the ones I listed! Those were just some thoughts. Any help would be amazing!
Eelektross or Scizor probably. Eelektross, like you said, has no weakness, and Scizor can be used to combat fairy (steel typing) and is fast. Although, you can have a pokemon with perfect IVs and nature, but it's useless if you don't EV train it. They will just be slightly better than a pokemon with bad IVs/nature, but will be dominated by someone who EV trains. In all honestly, it just takes a few hours to EV train nowadays, if you're really looking to be competitive. You just gotta unlock all the levels in the training, and a pokemon can have not so great IVs/nature and be EV trained and still be better than a pokemon with perfect IVs/nature. EVs make the absolute biggest difference in pokemon pvp, then IVs, then natures

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thanks for the advice and tips Jurz!
I might just go with Elektross and Scizor then. They also look pretty cool so I'm not too worried about that!

And yeah, I haven't started EV training yet. I keep putting it off. But I know eventually i have to do it xD

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

So...I beat the main story of OR :) LOVED IT! I liked this game a whole lot more than X or Y, and my even buy AS. I love how once you beat it, you have so much to do. Another storyline starts right after the credits, there's all the legendaries, I'm so excited! I would like to share my team, just cuz I loved them so much!

Sweet Pea- lvl 58 Mightyena. She was my weakest link, but I couldn't bring myself to replace <3
Galliart- 59 Gallade. I liked Gallade alot more than I expected to. I always disliked most of the evolutions that were tacked onto earlier gen Pokemon during gen 4, including Gallade, but when I saw his mega I had to have one :) no regrets.
Ereth- 60 Sandslash. I kept changing his name lol Sometimes it just takes awhile to find the right name :) I thought he'd be my weakest link, but he dominated! He's probably the reason I face rolled Steven's team.
Jingles- 61 Zangoose. I've always loved Zangoose, but this was the first time I had one on my main team and I have NO REGRETS! She was amazing, and was a go to Pokemon of mine.
Sculleus- 64 Sceptile. I adore Treecko's line so of course Sceptile <3 I didn't really care for his mega all that much though :/
Belisama- 75 Milotic. She got me out of tight spots, but as progressed through the game I tried to use her less and less cuz I didn't want her high lvl and perfect stats to carry me

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I don't think I ever posted, but I participated in a group auction on PKMNCollectors and managed to win a Suicune TFG figure. It ended up being busted up a bit, but SDAGLAJSGOIMV. LOOK AT IT!

Here's the backside where the ribbons were broken off and horribly glued back on. I plan to try and fix it up, but haven't had the time yet.

Going to us some GooGone to try and get the glue off, probably sand it down with a very fine sand paper, then properly glue them back on and/or maybe try and put small metal "pins" in to secure them on there better. They will need a fresh coat of white paint after.

It is now my crowning piece in my Suicune collection.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Oohh that looks awesome Seila!! I love it. :3

Reminded me to post my own newest figure... The Premialive Eevee!! I've wanted one of these sweet babies for aaaaaaaages now and my mother actually bought me it for Christmas!! ♥

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I kid you not, tonight was the best night I've had wonder trading. I got a shiny protean Froakie, but that isn't even the best part... I ended up getting a shiny Mewtwo. I'M DEAD SERIOUS HERE. I SHALL GET PICS VERY SOON. I assume someone was soft resetting for it since it was in a timer ball.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Anyone still doing friend codes for XY? :P I have a shiny new, bright pink 3ds xl that I desperately need friend safaris on xD

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

FC's are tied to the 3DS systems and not to the games, so unless poeple reset their whole system or got new ones, the FC codes on that thread should still be up to date.
I try to keep the codes on my 3DS up to date for that list for trading/safari/other :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

This is getting REALLY annoying...so many people with their secret bases have them set up so their flag and/or their 'character' are unreachable!! Can't collect flags or get perk items for finding their bases...It's poor sportsmanship!
Time to delete those jerks and hope to find more respectable secret bases. I thought in the old games that there had been something that prevented stuff like this, doesn't seem to hold for the remakes.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

I've posted with my updated info in the friend codes thread, but doesnt seem to be many lurking there anymore, or they don't have anymore free slots. Trying to fill up the friend safaries on my other ds :P

As for secret bases, I'm not sure how to delete a base where you can't access the pc. I've had several that have blocked both the flag/pc and the main trainer so you couldn't get to them at all and that's annoying as heck. <<

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

You can delete them from your own secret base computer if you can't reach theirs.

I'll see about adding your new FC today.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Aah, I didn't realize that. Thanks!

And that would be lovely :D

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

About time! The newest pokemon movie will be featuring Hoopa, looks like at least one of the long ago discovered "hidden" XY legendary's will be making an appearance! I hope the other two will make an appearance in the movies as well...and finally make it "officially" into the games!!!

Not to mention a Shiny Raquaza distribution and shell armor Samurott (For those in Japan of course) I hope there will be a World release at a later date for these as both are pokemon I really love!
ImageImageImage

~~~
~~~
~~~

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

The movie won't just feature Hoopa, it's about Hoopa apparently as the movie is titled The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa (光輪の超魔神 フーパ).

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)