Beastkeeper - another pet breeding game

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Beastkeeper - another pet breeding game

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I tried out making my own skin since it seemed like fun :P It's pending approval but I don't think anything broke any rules... It's cool that you can alter the lineart unlike on FR. But due to FR's apparel and such it makes sense.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I am a little confused. I have a pregnant pet that is due in 4 hours who I do not remember mating. The dad belongs to a user who it says was last online a year ago. I know I am new to the site, so I'm not sure if i clicked something and wasn't aware of it or what, but I'm just confuzzled at this point. I did breed mom once with a mate I own, but that baby was born (it is still in childhood and not in the mom's tummy like this one is.). What on earth did i do?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Did you take her to an egg-like object while exploring an island and agree to participate in the "Europa Fertility Plan" or whatever it's called? And get 10 vermilion for it? That impregnates your females immediately so they have a child with a random male who also participated in the same way (5 vermilion reward).

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Var, umm maybe? :D I quest with a bunch of pets, and I have run into that object, but no clue on which one. I guess it must have been her. Thanks for the info.

Another silly question. Why would i want to craft a mantle...or a carpet?
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

another nice find from the pound

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/564385
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Dew - Mantles are needed to craft the level 4 town hall, carpets for the embassy etc. You can check them un der Help > List of Recipes :)

Nef - Amazing find! Lovely stats :D

---
I went fishing in the pound and managed to pull out this girl!
Custom skin, great stats and GP1!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

This thing confuses me so much...

How do I get my pets to have all the neat patterns and stuff? I researched all the genes on my started but... nothing.

I see someone explained the fertility thing earlier.. that might explain the random griffin that popped up in my lair? It was an adult though and it wasn't a recently caught wild.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm just as confused. Their help section leaves a lot of my questions unanswered. :( I don't even know how to battle. Yes, it was part of the tutorial, but every time i try I get an error message....

And I'm really annoyed by my inability to expand my stable. I do not have gold coins, and I found 1 up for auction but no buyout. I tried to bid...it wouldn't let me....
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Seilahyn wrote:This thing confuses me so much...

How do I get my pets to have all the neat patterns and stuff? I researched all the genes on my started but... nothing.

I see someone explained the fertility thing earlier.. that might explain the random griffin that popped up in my lair? It was an adult though and it wasn't a recently caught wild.
I'm still trying to get my head around stuff too but I've got a few ideas now. I'm assuming by neat patterns you mean deviant patterns? In which case it's a 1 in 10 chance to get one when breeding two pets with the same pattern together. Same goes for same colour.

For instance:
Image + Image = 1/10 chance of Image

Or
Image + Image = 1/10 chance of Image or Image (etc with recessive colours)

That was me explaining the fertility thing. Sometimes while exploring you may encounter a metallic egg which gives you vermilion if you agree for your pet to take part in the Europa Diversity... something or other, I forget ^^; (10 for female, 5 for male). This then impregnates females or "takes a biological sample" from males. The father of the child/ren is always a random male of the same species currently in-game that also participated. Likewise someone's female will get impregnated by your male.

I'm not sure how else the griffon got there unless someone gifted it to you and you didn't get a notification.
Dewclaw wrote:I'm just as confused. Their help section leaves a lot of my questions unanswered. :( I don't even know how to battle. Yes, it was part of the tutorial, but every time i try I get an error message....

And I'm really annoyed by my inability to expand my stable. I do not have gold coins, and I found 1 up for auction but no buyout. I tried to bid...it wouldn't let me....
I've not tried battling yet as I'm not a huge fan of PvP in most forms, so I'm afraid I can't offer anything there.

When bidding, what is it you're doing/what happens when it doesn't let you? As you need to click on the object (or pet) on offer and click the "Place Bid" button right at the bottom, underneath the box where you specify your bid. Otherwise try the Item Exchanges tab. Sometimes you can find good deals like 5 vermilion or something. The search feature is finicky in that it doesn't pick up on level though, so you may need to search through a few pages. Worst comes to worst and there's nothing there you can set up your own exchange by clicking "Create Lot" at the top of the page. Remember to specify the quantity for both what you're offering and what you want. Even if it's a plan you still need to enter 1.

Raera
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary

Unread post by Raera »

Joining all of you in Beastkeeper. Have a few nice pets already altho still figuring out stats and stuff. I'm Raera there too.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Love this guy that I found in the pound; 3 green stats too!

CaptainMorgan and Fireball had this adorable little boy:
Only one green stat, but no red or degen; available once he grows up if anyone wants him.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote:I don't even know how to battle. Yes, it was part of the tutorial, but every time i try I get an error message....
Not sure why you get an error msg, but i usually just put my pets on automatic battle, then click the pets i want to battle with and it tells me if ive won or lost. I also got the battle on automatic when i explore.. saves time :)

Look what ive gave birth to! Sadly he enheritaged his mothers degen 1 but he is a gen 2 also plus he is a deviant.. maybe worth selling. hmm

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/622073

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Lucky Tarn! he's beautiful!

My pound finds have been a bust lately. Waiting on CD's so I can send them back. Trying some breeding and waiting to see if anything good comes of those. So far nothing spectacular.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

How do you guys get so lucky with deviants and customs? lol

I browse for hours and never see anything good.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I've managed to get these so far, though the second was a gift from someone.

Image Image
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ARGH! I saw a deviant colored dragon in the pound and hit f5 by accident. ><

Edit;

Yes! Kept refreshing and found it again.

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/597494

What a pretty girl and no red stats.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yay lupen grats! Wonderful Unicorns Nef :)

Btw anyone want Heven's Secret, lvl 9 Symurgh. All genes researched, no red stats. Else he will go to the pound tomorrow. He got 22 hours until he can leave

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/175199

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Pink burb grew up and was immediately sent off on a quest, to kill rats like good little adventurers do. Gonna try to get a nice owl girlfriend for him. See if I can get a pink owl.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Wow, such lucky finds in the pound! Today's pound adopt for me was a beautiful DG 2 Throdama. :(

I made the difficult decision that absolutely no red stats are allowed in my stables. Which means that some pets that I was attached to already had to go. Balto the Lykos despite ripping through every island and a level 21 was sent to the pound. Tempest, the son of my Symurgh pair and brother to Falcon's lovely Ivory was sent off today as well and since I've also decided that for now I don't want duplicate colours either, both GP 1 babies I have need to go as well.

Magyar here is GP 1, would anyone here be interested in trading him for another GP 1 of a different colour or species? Please no red stats!
http://beastkeeper.com/pet/623367

Ambrosius randomly popped up in my lair yesterday, no idea how. I assume I must have bid for him and forgot. :lol:

Anything in this tab (Pound) is up for adoption for free. Most are DGs or have crap stats, but if you want them you are welcome to them. Just let me know before I can pound them as I will send them off as soon as possible.
http://beastkeeper.com/pets/52560/1

My poor Throdamas, it hurts to let them go, but they're just SO bad. Only one managed to remain. :cry:
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Tarn, I'll be happy to adopt Heaven's Secret if nobody's asked for him yet. I don't have that color yet and I like his name. :)

I found this girl in the pound yesterday, a color I don't have, but unfortunately, she's a degen grade one, so as soon as her cooldown is over she'll be going right back again. Shame, too, she's so pretty. :/