Bowno's custom Poke Nuzlock

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Bowno's custom Poke Nuzlock

Unread post by Bowno »

This is just for fun. Don't mind me XD
I started over my Alpha Sapphire (after transferring my beloveds to my X version)! I wanted to try a nuzlock with my own little twist on it.

Here are MY rules:

1. If a pokemon faints. It is dead. Release or hide it in the very last boxes.
2. You have to catch at least one pokemon from each area (legendaries count as their own area) Scroll to bottom of first post for the change.
3.You must wondertrade at least 1 pokemon from each area (legendaries do not count and can be stored.) Scroll to bottom of first post for the change.
4. You may not use a legendary until you have all the badges. (Maybe only after the league?)
5. If you get a super high level in wondertrade, you must trade it again. Example: Your current level is around 5. You have to retrade anything above 30.
6. If a pokemon dies... You must draw the scene of their death or after their death.

THAT BEING SAID. THERE MAY BE SOME BLOODY IMAGES LATER ON IN THIS THREAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Okay so. I started my game and activated my wondertrade. Caught a Wurmple so I could wondertrade away my starter (Treeko).
Treeko doesn't get much story or anything because he got traded right away. Same with Wurmple.
Treeko -> Gloom (OVER 30 MUST RETRADE) -> Lvl 1 JPN Spinda
Wurmple -> SHINY LVL 100 MEWTWO NAMED FREZIA O_O (traded to a friend for a cyndaquil) -> Lvl 1 Scraggy

I can not tall what Spinda's name is. It's all in another language. So I will just call him Spinny. He came with Tackle and Assist.
Scraggy I will just call Scraggy. I don't really do nicknames often. I might call him something eventually. He came with Drain Punch, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch and Zen Headbutt.
As of right now, I'm just leveling them up. The Wurmple will count as my catch from Route 101. Hopefully I won't miss any areas D:

This is my first Nuzlock so I'm kinda like @____@ lol

EDIT: Okay so I'm going to change up the rules a little bit because I can already tell I'm going to have a bit of trouble bonding with my pokemon with the pace I have to go at D:

Okay so the change will be that I need to keep pretty much 6 pokemon (minus this like legendaries that I want to store.. And dead ones that I have hidden in the back of the box.)
So like. This means I wont have to focus on catching one pokemon from other areas and have more of a chance to bond.
If I have room in my party, then I need to catch at least one pokemon from the areas I visit and wondertrade at least 1 pokemon from each area I catch from.

Example: I have 4 pokemon. I go to Route 144 and catch one there. Wondertrade it. Go to route 145 and catch, wondertrade it. Now I have 6.

However if I find something I just want to have in one of those areas I caught from, I can still catch and not have to wondertrade it.. Or I can. But this rule is really just to make sure I have 6 on the team and to give me time to bond with them rather than panicing and trying to remember to catch something in every place I can. If that makes any sense. It also means I will not have to spam this page with boring catching and wondertrade posts! YAY.

Siggy under construction!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Bowno's custom Poke Nuzlock

Unread post by Bowno »

Oookay so I ended up changing the rules a bit. I know it looks super confusing now. While I was playing I noticed that I wasn't getting a bond with my pokemon at all because I was so worried about having to catch something from each area. When I started trying to force myself to pretend to have a bond, that's when I knew I needed to change it to something else.
So really I'm only going to need to worry about catching and wondertrading if I end up with less than 6 pokemon in total (not counting legendaries that are stored). I can still catch more if I want to.. But this way I can focus more on my game rather than focus on catching all the things everywhere.

Anywho! Here's my first real update!

So after wondertrading for my two first pokemon, Spinda (Spinny) and Scraggy, I ran all the way back to Route 101 to start training them. Because both were level 1, I wanted to make sure that they had a few battles under their belt before going anywhere! I wasn't ready to lose any of them that quickly.
First I started with Spinny. In our first battle I decided I wanted to test out his 'Assist', since I usually never use that move. He took and used 'Dragon Dance' from Scraggy and I was like "Cool this is going to be a super quick fight now that he's boosted up!" ......Only to watch his stats go DOWN. I stared blankly for the longest time until my opponent used growl... Which to my surprise RAISED his stats! Not knowing what was going on any more, I quickly had him smack the enemy to death and went to go check his profile again. Apparently there is a move called "Contrary", which makes stat changing things REVERSE!
Once I knew what was going on, I had the best time wrecking everything, laughing as enemies raised my stats in their feeble attempts to lower them. To me, this was the most hilarious (and still is) thing ever! I can already tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with Spinny.

Next it was Scraggy's turn. For a while I was calling him Scrafty.. Until I actually read his name. Whoops. I guess I'm just preparing for when he evolves? This little guy is pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to test his ability 'Shed Skin' yet.. But I know it's going to save me eventually! Since he came with so many great moves, I've decided that I am never going to change ANY of his moves! On the fence about doing it for an HM.. But I'm pretty convinced that I'm just going to keep him as is. He's a tough little guy and has a very wide variety of moves. So he's useful for pretty much anything. While leveling him though, I was always a bit wary of flying types.. Since I -think- they do extra damage to fighting. I might be wrong. It's been a while. Either way, I didn't want to lose Scraggy yet so I'd always switch him out if one popped up.

Finally, I got them each to level 6 before moving on to Route 102! A little bit much, I know. But I wanted to be sure we'd be okay! It was there that I ran into a Ralts and caught it. This was before my rule change.. But it didn't matter since I didn't yet have 6 on my team! I still needed to catch something anyways. Ralts was tossed into the wondertrade and in return I got.... a High leveled Corphish! Too high leveled. I had to toss it back in, but I got back a lvl 16 Machop. I was debating on throwing it back.. But lvl 16 wasn't that much higher so I kept him. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't too happy about getting a Machop. But oh well, what can you do?

Route 104 I trained a bit longer and ran into a Wingull. She was traded for a lvl 9 Whismur. Funny, I thought, since it was only a few days ago I was googling movesets for Exploud before I restarted my game. I was thinking about having one on my permanent team! I've always loved the concept of Exploud. The sounds he makes are AWESOME and just picturing one drawing in breath, only to blast out like an organ through his pipes sends chills up my spine. Weird I know. Either way, I love them and they're pretty strong, so I was happy to receive one!

I was pretty nervous though when I entered Petelburg woods. I remembered back to my original Sapphire version... Poison there was always an issue. Luckily I had bought potions and antidote when I was last in town so I felt like I'd be okay. A Slakoth was caught and traded for a lvl 17 Kecleon. Already I was starting to get worried about my team. There were a lot of normal types! Little did I know this was the least of my problems.

Unknowingly I had made a terrible mistake. A mistake I was usually able to avoid due to always having a starter or self caught pokemon with me. I had make the mistake of leveling everyone up to level 10 without my first badge. When I first noticed my problem, I was using Whismur. Suddenly he started loafing around! It was then that a look of horror crossed my face, knowing that I was in deep trouble. We managed through that battle well enough though and I'd start planning my steps more carefully... avoiding any battle I could... But in the end I still had to fight quite a few other trainers. To make matters worse, I received the EXP share during this, only boosting my levels further. Strangely, Scraggy seemed to listen to me a lot more than any of the others did. Only twice did he ever turn away! I can already sort of see that he's a bit special. Perhaps he might turn into the favorite of my team? The leader? He has a strong fighting spirit and a sense of honor, loyalty and responsibility.

As we headed up towards the next town we stopped by the berry place for the wailmurpail. I'm not sure if I'll ever really use it, but it will be good to have. It was then off to the bridge where I knew I would have to have my first double battle. But I was so focused on having to deal with that problem, that I didn't notice there was another trainer just before the bridge. By the time I noticed, it was too late to avoid them. I had done so well in the woods to avoid getting into poison trouble... Only to find myself face to face with a Shroomish. Shit.

I started with Whismur. My first order was ignored. Shroomish would use stun spore. I ordered my now paralyzed Whismur pretended not to hear me only to be seeded with leech seed. Unwilling to let this go on any further, I switched to Kecleon... Who too ignored orders and was paralyzed. In a desperate attempt (and also not thinking about Scraggy), I sent out Machop. I hadn't used it at all yet and the moves seemed powerful enough. I ordered for a Low kick... Ignored. Shroomish hit with an absorb. At this point though, I was getting fed up and just wanted to push through this battle. Karate chop! .........Loafing around. How annoying. I watched while the defiant pokemon was hit with Stun Spore. The next time he didn't ignore my orders. Instead he was rendered unable to move by his paralysis. This wasn't good. I cried out for another attempt at Karate chop, but he still couldn't move. Leech Seed wrapped around him as he snapped to his senses.. Just long enough for him to turn his head away at another plea for him to attack. To do anything! I knew he could one hit this thing if he'd just land a blow! But he wouldn't. The Shroomish had enough of playing around. Using everything it had in it... The annoying fungus would end it all with a critical hit from Absorb.... draining the last of the fight from my Machop while Leech Seed strangled the life out of him.

I was stunned. If it hadn't had been a critical, I most likely would have switched out. This had caught me quite off guard. I had already lost my first. It was only then that I thought of Scraggy and his Shed Skin. I felt pretty dumb as I sent him out and watched him mop the floor with Shroomish. If I had just been thinking a little bit more, things would have been different. But... It was in the past now and I couldn't go back. I moved on to the bridge where the twins waited for a double battle. Both Whismur and Scraggy must have known what had just happened, because they listened to every order and destroyed their two foes. Perhaps avenging Machop? Maybe not wanting to have the same fate as him...

We made it to the Pokemon Center, where I would say my final goodbyes to Machop. His soul was released back into the wilds. Still feeling a bit dumb about the whole thing, I went to heal my remaining Pokemon and saved the game.

RIP Machop.
Lvl16-Lvl16
Defiant until the end.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Bowno's custom Poke Nuzlock

Unread post by Bowno »

Reporting in again!

With Machop no longer by our side, my now slightly smaller team weren't too eager to go fight the Gym right away. The first few hours were spent playing with Spinny and Scraggy. Lots and LOTS of berry picker! I managed to get my highscore up to 136 on unlimited mode, which brought in some very fancy snacks for my pokemon. I didn't have it in me though to get them past 3 hearts each though. Bonding takes a long time!

A little hesitant to do anything, we would first head out to Route 116 and ran into a Nincada. It was a tough capture, as no one in my team wanted to listen to me.. But we manged! Excited to see who would be joining our team, we wondertraded.... Only to watch as another Whismur came in. Now, I love Exploud a whole bunch... But uh. Not that much! But I decided that it was fate and the second Whismur, named Flurmel, stayed with us. If nothing else.. Than to at least have someone that would listen to me if I was running into trouble, as she was only lvl6. With our new partner in hand, we marched to the Gym!

It was scary. Scraggy lead the team as he has proven himself to be the most loyal to me with the bonus of having a fighting type move, useful for a rock type gym! The option to avoid the other trainers was there.. But I knew I couldn't come back to fight them later. I wasn't going to miss out on a chance at good money! So we fought. Again, Scraggy proved himself.. only ignoring me a few times. We'd finally make it to the leader.
Of course, Scraggy began to ignore me at that point. The first pokemon sent out, Geodude, managed to bring Scraggy down to half health before his Drain Punch one shot the critter. When Nosepass came out, I froze in terror. I -knew- what this thing could do. Should I risk using Scraggy again? He was strong.. But the chance of him not listening was high and the Nosepass knew some pretty scary moves, like Rock Tomb! I went for it... And fate was on my side! The Nosepass only used harden! Though my saggy pants lizard ignored me a good few times, he managed to take it out all by himself! I was so proud.

The badge now in my hand, I waited excitedly for the words I wanted to hear. That my pokemon would listen to me again! ......Only to hear it was only to lvl 20. That was great but.. Uh. Kecleon was already lvl 19 and the rest were 16-17! I didn't have much longer before I had to go through that chaos again! A quick run to the Pokemon Center and I was off to go get my second badge as fast as I could! Of course, I had to take care of some Team Aqua stuff and sail around on a boat first.. But we'd make it to the second Gym's town!

Our first stop was the Granite Cave. I was hoping I could drop off the goods I had been sent with first, but no such luck! We did run into a Zubat though and captured it. The team watched excitedly as a Lillipup came in! When I checked her stats.. I almost died laughing. She was the exact same, minus the fire fang, as the one I had bought on Flight Rising before I did my reset, wrong ability and all. Oh well! I was glad to have her for the time being. Fire Fang would have been nice, but she did have Ice Fang, which I knew would prove useful!

Next stop, the Fighting type Gym! Kecleon lead the charge this time. There was no option to avoid the other trainers... So we had no choice but to fight our way through. By the time we got to the leader, Kecleon was lvl 20. I was pretty worried that things would get tough again. However, not once did he stop listening to me! It was wonderful! We stomped the leaders team and ran off happily with our second badge.

Another boat ride, another town! Slateport city! I was confident in my team and wanted to train my Lillipup a bit. We ran around fighting all the trainers on the beach and cheered in delight as our first team member began to evolve. Lillipup was now a Herdier! Wanting to train a little more, we rushed to Route 110 and caught her up to the rest of the team.. As well as capturing a Pusle! Again we tossed our catch into wondertrade... and came out with a Numel! Lvl 14! Finally, we had some more variety in the team! I rushed back down to the Pokemon Center to toss my second Whismur, Flurmel, in the PC so that I could use our Numel and went to the beach to train Numel a little, remembering I had left the little battle beach cafe untouched. Though... All the pokemon they had in there were water type! I knew I was risking a lot.. But Numel had some great moves. What could go wrong?

Well... We took down three of the trainers no sweat. I noticed one sitting in the corner and headed over to him to engage in a battle. The man accepted and sent out his Carvanha. Numel wasn't going to be able to use tackle because I knew it had Rough Skin. Luckily, we had Magnitude! The ground rumbled and shook, splitting slightly with a Magnitude 7, cutting Carvanha's health to a little under half. I held my breath. If it knew tackle or bubble, we should be fine.
It didn't.
The fish engulfed itself in a powerful stream of water, launching itself across the room like a rocket before slamming into Numel, sending him crashing through the wall... Where he collapsed into a soaking wet heap. He was gone. I was stunned. I hadn't expected Aqua Jet! How could I have been so stupid!? Again, I had lost another, this one whom had just barely begun his journey, due to my lack of thinking before hand! Spinny would come out, finishing off the fish with a Psybeam, which he had learned only recently.

Silently, I collected Numel's body and took him to lay him to rest in a peaceful spot. It was my fault. I pushed too hard when I should have played carefully. We just kind of stood there for a moment, thinking about what had happened.. Before moving on to Mauville city with one less team member.

RIP Numel
Lvl14-Lvl16
The one who had barely begun to live.