Skyrim!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Rhyela »

Klarissa's armor looks REALLY good!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

it's a standalone mod called Faraam , the original is kind of a knight set but there's a wolf themed reskin which is what she's wearing :)

without the reskin

I love the companions wolf armor but that set just finishes her whole look.

I've scrapped my tavern keeper for now, but I'm thinking of another character instead .. a thalmor agent going undercover in skyrim .. haven't worked out all the details yet.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nefretiti

Harald as a newly minted companion :D

My only gripe about the wolf armor is that it makes it look like he's got abit of a beer gut :lol:

after gorging himself on some silver hand numbskulls

Smile for the camera!

I've decided that Jorunn and Harald are both going to be werewolves .. or possibly in Jorunn's case a werebear or a cat .. not decided yet. and Arundil is going to join his cousin at the Voikhar castle.

I jumped on Ameridin abit and I've forgotten how much fun playing as a vampire is, I downloaded a reskin for the vampire lord,no major changes just 'real' wings and different armoring, I quite like it.

My horse reskin mod changed Shadowmere to a white horse much to my chargrin but then I found a texture that gives him glowing scars, it looks kinda neat.

Attachments
Harald wolf.jpg
Harald wolf.jpg (710.56 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Harald wolf form.jpg
Harald wolf form.jpg (429.13 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
say cheese.jpg
say cheese.jpg (595.21 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Shadowmere.jpg
Shadowmere.jpg (334.54 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Vampire Ameri.jpg
Vampire Ameri.jpg (504.24 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Alex - Don't forget about J'zargo. He's a Khajiit follower you can obtain through the college. I agree though it would have been nice to see more non human followers.

I actually played recently but didn't take any screen shots. :|

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

Kharjo yes, he's a caravan guard and can be recruited as a follower. but yeah most followers seem to be nord,the exeptions I can remember right now beeing Cosnach,Athis and Faendal .. there are sure to be some others but those are the ones I can remember offhand.

Nefretiti

I decided to finish the mainstory on Ameridin ... didn't like it sitting there in my journal taunting me, though I actually don't see him as the dragonborn, most likely either Harald,Jorunn or possibly Klarissa will be, maybe my falmer since that would be amusing.

I've been playing Erag abit more lately and while ingame she married Gregor first I actually think storywise she adopted the homeless girls Sophie and Lucia first due to feeling lonely, Gregor initially beeing their protector kind of as Erag's housecarl, but then Erag figured the girls needed a father figure and married Gregor since he was the only one she trusted. neither of them in love but they liked and respected eachother not expecting feelings to begin to grow.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, that's a nice story nonetheless! :)

My interest in the game took a rather sudden nosedive as I was plowing through Nchuand'zel (or however the heck it's spelled). For some reason, I just felt very meh about it and haven't picked it up since. I've actually been playing WoW lately, of all things. :lol: I'm sure I'll come back to Skyrim. Like with everything else, I hop around from game to game, wherever whimsy takes me. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nefretiti

I figured as much since this thread more or less died.

I've been putzin around on Ameridin and during a mission for his subjects at Castle Voikhar he decided to finally tell his beloved husband the truth about his vampirism.
Argis seemed both facinated and afraid and I think he's going to ask Ameri to turn him as he as a nord will grow old and die long before Ameri would even without his vampirism.

(I brought Argis along on a misc "go there,kill this" mission where Ameri turned vampire lord, he didn't react, some followers will supposedly attack if you turn VL or Werewolf infront of them)

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Enderal just got its English release if anyone else was waiting for it. http://sureai.net/games/enderal/ For anyone interested. :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

Vas is das????

Oh my. May have to try this

Nefretiti

Downloading this on my other machine.

Looking through this thread made me want to play again so I logged onto one of my favourite characters for abit.

Ameridin because I love how he looks.

Attachments
Ameridin.jpg
Ameridin.jpg (282.81 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

Nefretiti

I downloaded Enderal and played it for abit. unsurprisingly you recognize much of Skyrim in it as it's based on it.
It's abit more of a learning curve but the world so far is stunning.

My Character

Random screenshots

Attachments
Enderal0.jpg
Enderal0.jpg (563.1 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal1.jpg
Enderal1.jpg (257.29 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal2.jpg
Enderal2.jpg (777 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal3.jpg
Enderal3.jpg (464 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal4.jpg
Enderal4.jpg (285.21 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal5.jpg
Enderal5.jpg (461.22 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Enderal6.jpg
Enderal6.jpg (460.05 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

zedxrgal

Looks really good.

Does it load as part of Skyrim or is it completely separate?
I'm contemplating but I haven't even finished Skyrim yet. :lol: :oops:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm thinking of taking up Skyrim again. I haven't played in a while because I modded it to death and got tired of trying to make it work. Conflicting mods suck. But with Enderal being available in English, I'll probably go back. I'm quite happy about that.
Nefretiti

it kind of overwrites skyrim as it uses the engine but it does create a backup so should you decide to uninstall it your skyrim files should still be there unaffected but I'd make a backup of saves and such anyway just to be certain.

Skyrim mods are not compatible and I haven't found a conversion file yet. there may be one in the future as Enderal is still fairly new.

I've created one of my Oblivion characters in Skyrim .. she's a vampire so it's not too far fetched that she would live to see her friends descendant become the last dragonborn.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm kind of glad Skyrim mods won't work with it. I can't be trusted with mods. I sorta kinda destroyed my old characters save files when I discovered modding. So yeah. No old characters to worry about! hehe...

Though, for non-Enderal Skyrim, which I'd like to give some time before switching to Enderal, can anyone suggest some mods? I know the unofficial patch ones are necessary, but beyond that. Things I hate and want to mod: vanilla hair looks like clumps of clay and the hairstyles are unappealing, all the elves look ancient and rather bad, skin textures in general look off, I HATE the Stormcloak capital whose name slips my mind right now, and the fur texture on animals is awful. Pretty weather and sound would be nice too. My modding monster started with that stuff and rapidly spiraled out of control... I don't want my people to look plastic, though, or be completely nude under their clothes and alot of skin textures leave people both plastic and naked, which is awkward since I usually loot everything off everyone. Piles of naked dead people are a bit weird. Also, ENBs are not meant for mortals like me. While my computer can handle it, I cannot.

Also, is there a way to make Khajiit and Argonians have appropriately shaped feet and not have boobs? I know there were mods that did that but they didn't work out to well with other mods or with clothing. Is there anything new on that front (no pun intended)?
Nefretiti

I have 200 plus mods myself.
Windhelm is rather dreary.

Apacii hair is decent, the best you can do is go to Nexusmods.com and search there, that site has thousands of nice mods for all kinds of games.

Enderal so far is kind of fun, it plays alot like Skyrim in many ways but the leveling system,skills and such are completely different and .. interesting.
Granted I haven't gotten very far but I already came across a character I really really like.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah...Nexus mods. You have no idea how long I have spent there XD And how do you make things work with that many mods? That about how many I ended up with, and I followed the (I thought) correct way to do it, but it still went down in flames. Several times. I spent weeks on it, trying to get it to work, trying to make everything compatible. Even when it said it was it still crashed constantly and things just went to hell :( That doesn't mean it's hard; it probably just means I don't know how to computer. But either way, it didn't work out.
Nefretiti

Dumb luck mostly and I try to stay away from mods that change major aspects of the game such as questline overhauls and the like. The only quest changer mods I have is one allowing me to give that Blades bi*ch a piece of my mind and one making the Thieves guild abit less tedious.
Most of the others are various texture overhauls, among others one that makes elves look less like the evil witch from Snow White and more like how they 'should' look.
Many heavier mods often has a ReadMe consisting of mods that may conflict and how to go about making it compatible.
And I've found that the game has an upper limit on number of mods, above 250 and it simply won't start. Nexus mod manager helps me keep track.
I crash on occation as well but the game still plays reasonably well for me despite that.

I've actually jumped back into Oblivion beside playing Enderal and Skyrim myself.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

The only real game changers I used were Live Another Life (alternate start) and Interesting NPCs (additional interesting people). I used compatibility patches where applicable. The rest were cosmetic. And of course I read up on the mods and watched video tutorials and used a mod manager all that. So I dunno.

I was more wanting to know what people use to make their characters look nice without the game crashing, cause I am doing something wrong! :)