Skyrim!

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Etheral elven overhaul is the only one I remember the name of off hand.
I have an npc appearance overhaul as well but don't remember the name.
Most of my appearance mods are directed towards character creation such as hair,tattoos,skintexture etc. Ameridin is a good example of some of those mods in action.
As well as overhauls for vampires and werewolves.

I'm really enyoying Enderal so far.
I still have alot to learn but there seem to be a system in place where you can create connections with some npc's, my girl is busy trying to charm Jespar every chance she gets, I don't know if there are any marriage stuff and such in place but I enjoy imagining my girl eventually capturing the heart of her cute but cynical mercenary :D
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Spoilers? For a mod quest anyways.

Skyrim! I've been playing again recently, I tend to go through a round of playing sometime every year. I usually have three different characters I play, but the only one I've been running recently is my Argonian (battle?)mage Kyra. Downloaded a number of mods, and I started her off in Solitude as a relic hunter for a recently opened museum.

It's kind of empty right now... scratch that, VERY empty, but right away the curator sends you off to a few places to find items for the museum. The very first place he wanted me to go was Helgen, where someone had written him about a collection of urns they had that they were willing to donate to a museum. Unfortunately it looked as if Helgen had been destroyed by a dragon that I got the pleasure of seeing as I approached the town.

This is pretty much the start to the main quest and you can go warn Riverwood and Whiterun from there, but I was rather sour that all the urns were destroyed, so I ventured to another dungeon to try and find SOME relics to make my journey worthwhile.

Halldir's cairn it was. The dungeon was frighteningly difficult at a low level, but going through it ended up being worthwhile. I got quite a few items for my collection - a full set of Ancient nordic armor, a number of gemstones, and best of all a unique staff that I got to display in the main room! A trip back to the museum to place all these items, and then I decided to explore it in earnest.

Above the museum is a place where you can live, and it comes complete with everything you might need. My favorite was the gigantic enchanting table that I wasted no time in using. My previous journey had also left me with a few items of magical nature that I really wanted to learn the enchantments for.

Around the museum I also found a LOT of little secrets. Through them I ended up finding a few more items for the collection, as well as a whole underground room that I could place even MORE items. All in all, I think there's over some 2000 items you can find for the museum, and it ends up adding even more displays if you add other certain mods such as Unique Loot. The museum mod itself also adds numerous items like paintings, decks of cards, and lore items from previous Elder Scrolls games that can either be found or donated by NPCs that visit your museum.

It's an amazing mod, though a rather large one. If anyone wants to check it out, it's called Legacy of the Dragonborn. A word of caution, it's best to start this on a new character. Some quest items can go into the museum, but also need to be turned in for the quest. It's possible to create replicas of these items once you've held them in your inventory, but you can only do that if you had the quest item while the mod was installed.
Nefretiti

I'm glad someone else is playing this :-)

That mod looks neat but with all my other mods I'm iffy about installing bigger stuff like that.
I rather like the rp aspect of Skyrim, right now I'm working on a story involing a character I made in Oblivion that have migrated into Skyrim.
Khizara is a khajiit vampire and she and her lover were part of the Dark Brotherhood during the crisis,Khiz was a friend and companion to the Champion of Cyrodiil and the inofficial guardian of her friends descendants.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I really should pick this game back up again

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oooh, the museum one! My partner played around with that some and it looked like fun. Hm, I really should make another attempt to fix my Skyrim.
zedxrgal

If it's that broken hun I'd strongly suggest a totally fresh install. :) Play it completely vanilla with the exception of THIS mod.
It fixed all the bugs Bethesda refused to. :lol:

Oh and don't forget the HIGH RES MOD too though. :hug:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

An all-in-one one! Nice! I didn't know that existed. I'd been installing each different one, one by one. And yeah, I think scrubbing off all traces of Skyrim is my only option. There must be something from before I was doing mods right left over. I started out doing stuff like installing random, probably badly written, game changing mods without mod manager or an understanding of conflicting mods and all that.....so no wonder it broke. By the time I found tutorials and a brain, I had mucked it up beyond repair. I did uninstall and reinstall it then, but since it went horribly wrong again, it's for the best. And maybe I should stop trying to do things like adopt 4 children and get divorced and have a bunch of custom houses and make Khajiit and Argonians conform to my idea of what cat and lizard people should look like. (But seriously cats and lizards don't need boobs and they shouldn't be flat-footed like that!) Those seem to cause issues. But does anyone know a safe one for edging around the whole "go kill Paarthunax" thing? I'll try to stick to playing the vanilla version but I really don't want the Paarthunax dilemma.
Nefretiti

I NEVER help the blades for that very reason.
They've strayed so far from what they were in Oblivion and the fact that I loathe Delphine with a Burning passion.

I use a mod called the Paarthunax dilemma, it's reasonably simple allowing you to tell the b*tch off.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18465/?

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I hate Delphine too. Grrr. Even tho I can't kill her, fus ro dah- ing her off a cliff sure is satisfying!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

After playing for hundreds of hours, I still haven't finished the main questline. I should probably do that someday. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal

Teigan wrote:I hate Delphine too. Grrr. Even tho I can't kill her, fus ro dah- ing her off a cliff sure is satisfying!
Buhwahahahah :lol:

Never did the Blades quest line. It just seemed very boring.

Maybe I should just to do what Teigs does. *Snerk*

Nefretiti

My Oblivion turned Skyrim character Khizara doesn't recognize the Blades as all so she supports Kitty's refusal to help them rebuild under Delphine's zealotry.
She's constantly fighting with Delphine over that very subject while Esbern asks her a milion questions about the old Blades and her affiliation with the Champion and Martin Septim.
Khiz doesn't hide her vampiric nature but doesn't flaunt it either, Kitty sort of gave it away to Esbern when she asked about which temple Martin had been in during the crisis.

(Khizara was turned into a vampire by Vicente Valtieri whom she loved deeply and has survived since to watch over her friend Ishana's descendants)

The mod I linked sadly doesn't allow you to kill Delphine but it does allow you to tell her off about Parthy in some unvoiced dialogue which then mark the quest as complete.

Nefretiti

A couple of more Enderal screenies.

My favourite npc

My new character who will be using magic almost exclusively.

Attachments
Jespar.jpg
Jespar.jpg (180.63 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Jespar Train.jpg
Jespar Train.jpg (309.63 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Maire.jpg
Maire.jpg (337.76 KiB) Viewed 2731 times

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I really love RP on Skyrim too! :D I usually end up installing all those 'realism' RP mods like Frostfall and RnD and whatnot. It gives me a reason to slow down and do things like eat and sleep and collect food and firewood. Not just fast travel everywhere, I don't get to enjoy the sights of Skyrim if I do that!

I got this one traveling back to the Dawnguard after meeting Serana for the first time. Poor Kyra left her museum one evening to find one of its frequent visitors being attacked by vampires, so after saving him she decided to figure out just where they came from... which ended up leading her to the Dawnguard. And once there, she heard that the vampires were searching for some potential artifact in Dimhollow crypt, so she just had to check it out. More artifacts for the museum! Too bad said "artifact" turned out to be a person.

As I was taking the first picture, I noticed what appeared to be a hawk flying above me. I went to take a picture of it and discovered it was in fact a cliff racer (I though Jiub killed all of those?) ! I'm not sure which mod adds this, since I have two potential culprits. It could be my mod Animallica, which adds a lot of animal variants to the world. And I have an Immersive creatures mod, which I know adds cliff racers, but I'm pretty certain I set it to only add them in Solstheim. Huh. Who knows?
Nefretiti

Lovely screenies :)

I absolutely adore Skyrim rp though I usually just end up making up stories and situations involving my characters :D perhaps there should be a skyrim rp group on the fourms.

Right now my favourite rp character is Ameridin my vampire as well as Kitty and Khizara but that the story behind them are not entirely lore friendly so I hesitate sharing that one here.
I have plans for another character who's a friend of Khizara's though, a Dark Brotherhood member from one of the sanctuaries in Cyrodiil. I haven't finalized her race yet but she'll most likely be Dahgi-Raht.

Nefretiti

Some more Enderal screenies

This game/mod is fantastic .. such an amazingly stunning world .. major kudos to the team behind it.

Aethia in her favourite armor.

some scenic screenies

Attachments
Aethias armorset of choice.jpg
Aethias armorset of choice.jpg (273.4 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Gertrude.jpg
Gertrude.jpg (293.51 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Gertrude1.jpg
Gertrude1.jpg (333.89 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Gertrude2.jpg
Gertrude2.jpg (399.38 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Gertrude3.jpg
Gertrude3.jpg (156.98 KiB) Viewed 2731 times

Nefretiti

I just finished off Enderals mainstoryline and ... Wow .. just wow .. it's smaller than skyrim but man .. the twists and turns of the mainstory .. I'm still not certain I know exactly what happened.
And the romance plot .. it's more involved than skyrim, you have an approval system of sorts with the npcs in question and you can build up a connection through a series of personal quests they give and at a certain point you can move your friendship into something deeper.

Major kudos to the team behind it
I definately recommend playing through it if you get the chance but as stated in previous posts, back up your skyrim saves and such before installing it just to be safe.

Nefretiti

I guess this thread died again ..

zedxrgal

I've been lurking around the thread. :oops: I just haven't played Skyrim in forever so don't feel I've much to offer.

But the screening shots are stunning :hug:

Nefretiti

My little half khajiit girl got herself a certain Thalmor commander as a follower.
He's not bad at all, using predominantly magic with a fair dps output, he's a tad squishy though but then again so are Marcurio,J'zargo and Onmund when it comes down to it.

Attachments
Thalmor.jpg
Thalmor.jpg (298.2 KiB) Viewed 2731 times