Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

Tamed my first Alpha.. its a dodo though.... so not so useful i think? Its one BIG bird. I found out that the reason the other dodo went poof was it was a Prime Alpha and i cant tame those.. but I can alphas :D

Also got an Elite dodo (Golden) Its SUPER shiny when the sun hits it.. also pretty useless but fun to have

And last but not least my Elite Ovi raptor. This thing is SUPER fast ! But once i get some lvls on it I need to boost its dps because its not so strong.. I made the game.ini game so that tamed dinos can get to 800 and so can players and i got a mod which allows for lvl 840 wild dinos so there is a big way to go yet.

Care for a swim ?

I feel like im spamming the thread but i just love this game. So peacefull now that i dont got blood :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Need advice on where to build a HUUUGE base.. I need it to be 10-15 times bigger than this as i want a version of all elites, all badass and all alphas

Also out of contest.. i think i tamed an elite argentavis.. it does not need a saddle

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Totally alone posting screenies - wheee!! Just figured out how to dye my weapons and armor.. off course i had to go with black and red. I got no clue on how to turn the camera so i just took a screenie of my inventory and from behind

aaaand one more scenic screenie :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

FINALLY finished building the main house on herbivore island. I still need the underwater pen but this took AGES. Complete with a glass font for ocean view.

view from inside.. its sooo big

My agentavis got killed so i tamed a ptera.. and i figure out how to paint dinos soo it got painted black and red off course

aaand no post is a post without a few scenic shots

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I have not really looked into the game much, and haven't read the thread yet either, but based on my partial browsing and discussion with a friend, is it safe to say the sandbox style of this game resembles minecraft? Obviously, it isn't blocked textures, but the structures and crafting etc. give me the minecraft vibe. Only with big prehistoric chickens. That eat you.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

its a million time better graphic than minecraft.. and if you run your own undedicated server you can boost youself enough so that nothing can eat you.. which means you just can focus on buidling. I LOOOOOVE building.. you can also paint every building like i painted my dinosaurs.... takes forever though but its possible. Its soo much fun and its SUCH a beautiful game! And there are caves (dungeoons) exploration etc.. and if you want a bigger map download the mod Valhalla its 3 times as big.. which means 3 times more space to build on!!

Talking about painting dinos... yup i have no shame.. red and black.. ohh and one elite oviraptor with heartshaped on her side.. because thats realistic! :P

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I haven't been playing this much lately as I've gotten back into Guild Wars, but before I left I had tamed two Carnotauruses and they hatched an egg together. Sadly, not only did she not have any kind of mutation, but she also didn't get a mix of colors and instead was a copy of her father's looks.

I see you've gotten a hold of the Annunaki mod Tarn xD I LOVE that mod, as well as a lot of the similar mods, but they can make the game so difficult sometimes unless you boost yourself to ridiculous levels. And also, I believe the same people who created the Valhalla map are working on a new map called Ragnarok. It's not very complete yet, but I've been keeping my eye on it and it looks pretty nice so far.
I'm also loving the painted dinos. I've never figured out how to craft paints myself, but maybe the next time I get back into ARK I'll see what it takes to craft them.

Gimlion - It's definitely Minecraft-esque. Despite the environment being a good deal more rounded, there's still a blockiness to the building system that only allows you to snap pieces of building together in certain ways. In fact, I feel that Minecraft has more freedom of building than Ark does, but many mods do a good job of fixing problems Ark has with snapping structures and collision. Surviving in Ark is a bit more complicated, there isn't a difficulty adjustment that'll prevent you from starving or getting dehydrated like Minecraft has, and dinosaurs can damage your buildings depending on the tier of materials used to build them (with Metal being your safest bet, and stone being a pretty good deterrent for all but the largest dinos). PvP on large servers is a LOT more dangerous than any wild dino, though, so as long as you learn to avoid things like the Giganotosaurus singleplayer can become pretty much a cakewalk. And there are bosses that you can build your way towards fighting similar to the Ender Dragon, HOWEVER they are extremely difficult and pretty much impossible to fight without either a large group of other players, losing all your dinosaurs, and/or outright cheating.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Cheating is defo good. Well i dont see it as cheating as i "only" cheat to be able to build high, The fly command etc.. or the kill command if i get overwhelmed by something when out exploring.. the elite titanboas are soo nasty my antidote work towards them. But i still get heartbeating when i see something nasty like sharks. If at all possible i try to do it without cheat. I find it so fun ! I played around with the game.ini file and made it possible for myself and my tamed dinos to reach lvl 800 :mrgreen:

I decided that the white on my elite oviraptor was too white so she is now black with red heart marking. I need to find a name for her. She is an elite so she is staying :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i FINALLY found a spot where i can build my medium size base (more than 50 tiles wide and long) I think i need to build another floor on it later on. But sooo many nice things to tame there!
Aaaaand then a dragon came and killed all but the doedo (the last one of the screenies ) :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes when you kill a shark they die really really weird

and no post without scenic stuff :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

"Dont Worry mom i watch over you while you sleep " ..... no wonder i suffer from insomnia... :lol: i dont like the eyes and i might repaint her if I can do that with alphas.. not sure.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

You can actually completely change the color of any dinosaur with admin commands. It allows you to recolor the skin itself and other features, not just paint over them like with the paintbrush. I used to have a ton of fun making the dinosaurs unique and colorful this way.

Like this Rex, tried to make it still look natural but a deeper red. Or you can just make completely albino animals, or pure black... it's awesome customization.

The command is

Cheat settargetdinocolor region color

Just look at the dinosaur, and replace region and color with the region # and color # you want.

List of colors:
https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/commen ... _research/

Regions: (outdated, missing a lot of the newer dinosaurs, but once you realize how the command works you can just input a 1-5 region number and figure out which is which and go from there)

Don't think that'll get rid of the eyes though

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhhhh thanks!!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Subject: Ark: Survival Evolved
Lupen202 wrote:You can actually completely change the color of any dinosaur with admin commands. It allows you to recolor the skin itself and other features, not just paint over them like with the paintbrush. I used to have a ton of fun making the dinosaurs unique and colorful this way.

Like this Rex, tried to make it still look natural but a deeper red. Or you can just make completely albino animals, or pure black... it's awesome customization.

The command is

Cheat settargetdinocolor region color

Just look at the dinosaur, and replace region and color with the region # and color # you want.

List of colors:

Regions: (outdated, missing a lot of the newer dinosaurs, but once you realize how the command works you can just input a 1-5 region number and figure out which is which and go from there)

Don't think that'll get rid of the eyes though

i cant for the life of me get it to work.. does it not work on alphas since i fail such? i do settargetdinocolor 0 20 and nothing happens i tried with cheat infront too but no luck :D

Help :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Done building for now.. i can always expand later on and add an extra level to our base. I hope the screenshots give an idea how big this is.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Tårnfalk wrote:
i cant for the life of me get it to work.. does it not work on alphas since i fail such? i do settargetdinocolor 0 20 and nothing happens i tried with cheat infront too but no luck :D

Help :D
I never used that mod so no clue, it could be :/ Try using a spear/bow though so you get the crosshairs, and make sure it's right in the middle of the dino when you use the cheat code.

Otherwise try it on a vanilla dino (original rex or something) to see if it's even working on those.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Are you building this much, this fast with mods or are you just an epic gatherer?

Gawd love the screen shots. Wish I had time to play but blood hell life's gotten so busy.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I dont cheat with ressourses so gathering gathering and even more gathering :D Its fun and it gives me lvl so its a win win.. Took FOREVER to build my glass cage though.. and i am currently gathering mats to build another lvl on my house. I want the flying animals on a separate floor heh. I got the s+ struckture mod so it helps with clicking it together but nothing else in cheating

I tamed a drake today.. stupid thing so hard to tame that i had to use the forcetame cheat.. it moves so much that i could not target it.. wasted 100 nightmare bullets before i gave up and forcetamed it

Also added another argentavis to my collection. Tamed in the normal way :d

ive given up on making them a different color with cheats.. so going to paintbrush slap them later on.. I only want Elites, badass, alpahs, primas alphas, fabled etc. No normal dinos for me :D

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So I tried to actually play just now. Not only is the server Rawr got me on gone out of my favorites but there are only about 4 servers (official) even listed. :? Not sure if being gone removes everything or what.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

that suxs!! Hope it is just a bug.. it was really laggy yesterday.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

total taming spree.. man that apex was hard to get down... all my tranq bullets, my poison drake, my poison argent avis plus husbands pets .. it took forever!! Not sure i want to keep the alpha carno.. semi useless compared to our other "pets". And i rwant to replace my aplha normal raptor with an alpha utah raptors.. they are just tougher

Our two gigantosaurus together.. one Alpha, one apex. They are going to breed in the future

the view from our crafting station area at night