zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by zedxrgal »

*snatches raptors & rexes*
:lol:

I saw that Ark was having some sort of exp /gathering even this weekend so I wonder if that was it. I'll try again later.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I had no problems today on my solo game :D Also those are not rexes - they are Giganotosaurus :D

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Giganotosaurus

Tamed an alpha shark today.. i really dont like sharks .. or the water.. its scares me heh.

and also got this.. no idea what that is

I have an undedicated server where i play with my husband. But sometimes We are awake at different hours due to work. If my husband wanted to play a solo game would he log in on the same character as the one he plays with me ? We dont want to be too far apart in lvl..so it would be perfect if he could have a solo game for himself and then we have our own game.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

*Squints* Why is a Monster Hunter creature in there? The last picture is a Rathalos, from Monster Hunter.
I hope that is from a mod xD Otherwise ARK might be facing some Copyright issues.

Also, you've taken some beautiful screenies :>

Siggy under construction!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It is a mod. They have a bunch of other monsters too.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Oh okay. That's kinda cool.
I wonder if there is a Pokemon one XD

Siggy under construction!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Bowno wrote:Oh okay. That's kinda cool.
I wonder if there is a Pokemon one XD
There is one, but there was a bit of drama surrounding it. It got hit by a DMCA apparently from another modder who was also working on a Pokemon mod. Sooo, not Nintendo... Yet anyways. It replaces the dinos with Pokemon.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Monster hunter is such a fun mod!! There is also mod which adds monsters from Lineage in the game https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext= and one which mythical creatures http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =848706943 :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

seams like they making a new pokemon mod.. its only in alpha though

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =839857207

Slow slow progress of building another level to our base. need soo much metal and crystal.. soo much farming... thats what you get for liking the view you get with the glass walls :P The upper level is where i want our flying creatures. We also plan on expanding our underwater pen.. its not big enough for all the water creatures we want.. so the plan for the next many hours.. farm farm and farm..

We got ourself a fire Wyvern today.. maaan they are big!

aaand more scenic winter stuff.. i wish i could take a clean screenshot without all my stats on it... but no idea how :P

zedxrgal

So I suspect resources are pretty much unlimited for you Tarn or respawn quick since you're on your own server?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

We got the resouses spawn really fast.the slider for ressources is as fast as it can be plust we got it all to ourselves which helps. ..still takes a really long time...

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think you can hide your UI by either backspace or K?

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

uhh i go try that next time im in :D Thanks Lupen

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You're really making me want to play again xD but I need to get my new computer set up first, and WoW's newest patch is tomorrow >< It just doesn't run well enough on my current comp.

Thinking of having to re download everything though.. ugh..

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

zedxrgal

Well I started a new character on an official server and got much further than before! I actually built a one room shelter. Yes its thatch but its mine and cute. I have a few screen shots I'll post when on my laptop again.
I saw other players' structures and some captured Dino's but never saw another human being. Which I was fine with.

Can my girl be killed by another human?? :o

A funny thing happened though. I saw a brontosaur who appeared to be stuck on some rocks and trees. I felt bad for the bloke because he looked like he was really struggling. I'm only level 5 but walk up to assess the situation. He's a plant eater! No worries! His front right looked actually stuck between some boulders. He's level 10. Which surprised me. But I digress. I hit the wrong button and ................ punched his stranded foot. He did not react kindly to this. I was shocked he even felt it. That's when my girl found herself flying backwards into some seaside boulders. She smashed back first into them. How she live I'm not sure but it was with maybe five or 10 health. The brontosaur was able to miraculously free himself & came to finish me off because punting me that far was clearly not enough. :lol: I hid behind the largest boulder and he gave up. I see him pound back into the forest knocking trees down.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

zedxrgal wrote:Can my girl be killed by another human?? :o
If the server is tagged for PvP then yes. They can kill and raid you while you're offline as well. I'm not sure how many official servers are PvP. I haven't ever touched them.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

if you play on a pvp server other ppl can defo kill you!. But why not set up a solo game so you can build and tame without any hassle from others? or run your own undedicated server.. both good options :D

Build A LOT today... but also tamed this stunning tiger :D

Now i have one snow and one fire. Just poison and stone to go ! :D.. well of the badd ass version.. i still want 4 of each of the alphas,prime alphas, apex and fabled :P

btw is there anyway to make yourself immune to torpor but not the dinos? those poison drakes are constantly knocking me out..

zedxrgal

I'm on a PVE server and so far really enjoying it. The only part that sucks is almost constantly getting a beat by dinos who are 20+ levels higher than, come out of nowhere or both. She was consistently decimated by level 100+'es. What's weird was some of the herbivores would just up and come after me. Beat me up they would.
Worst was my girl being stranded in her thatch hut for several in game days. Tepwo dilophosaurus had her pinned in. A level 55 female & level 20 male. The male I may have been able to take down but not both.
Lots more happened but. On tablet. Post more later.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Maybe dilos is too small but you can acutally use your house to "trap" them so you can kill them easier... if you open the door dinos will get caught in the door frame.. and depending on how large you builded your thatch house you should be able to move around and kill it by using spears out of it ranges for reaching you

zedxrgal

The Dilophosaurus are small but couldn't fit in the door of my hut. Which frankly I am almost thankful for. That female really hated me for whatever reason. After escaping finally I went back to drop some stuff off on in my crate and she was still there. Just circling. She (and possibly the male) had already killed everything around there. I am not sure if she was glitched or not or just really hated me for whatever reason.

IMAGE WARNING AHEAD. :lol: With stories.

My first campfire.

Parasaur in the dawn

Hey uh. You ok over there???
^ this is not the Bronto I punched.

Giant tort

So this guy. (also not the Bronto I punched) He too had some sort of strange interest in me. Followed me EVERYWHERE. He was not tamed but followed me for hours, until well after sunrise making it very hard to do things. He would punt me, practically run to where I was make noises like epically giant cow, punt me again, rinse repeat. Not matter where I went he followed playing "knock the silly human around". My saving grace (maybe?) was a level 115 raptor who felt it needed to run from 5 miles down the beach to eat me. He never tried to hurt me just would follow me, look at me, punt me then come to me.

So this is something that really ticked me off.
Respawning in someone else's home. Or stable and having once or twice no way out because of a locked door. One house I respawned in the living room it looked like and my only way out was a second story window that was thankfully large enough for me to jump through. How I lived that one not sure.
Someone's stable. In one SS you can see the concrete pillar fence way out in the water. I had to swim out and was barely able to fit through them to get out of this person's huge stable.
Thankfully I am a nice person. I could have just stayed in there and pilfered eggs.

A random campfire. This was only taken because my spouse's name is Jeff. lol He doesn't play I just thought it comical.

So this guy. I believe he's a Giganotosaurus? I didn't look like any of the captive Rexes and I never saw one wild but maybe they're closer to the interior. He went on a rampage. Killing everything then just stopped. I didn't see anyone riding him and he didn't have a saddle. He was not named. Either I am a stealthy bitch or he didn't care I was there.

Those are all I got so far.

One thing I may do is I am homed in a cove on the island. There are A LOT of people there making it hard to build. But any time I move inland my suvivabilty rate significantly decreases. The dinos seem to be much higher level. Not to mention there are things. Things that skitter out of the black of night and murder you. :shock: :o :?

Also I need a Pegomastax in my life.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Zed priory one after a house is a simple bed. Because it works as your spawnpoint :-D.a sleeping bag works too just it is only usable one time then you need a new. A simple bed can be used over and over again. I loooove your screenies. The friendly bronto is adorable.