Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

... I'm going to need another expansion .. if this tame goes through.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Guess we better start building that new perimeter wall. :lol:

Seila - Grats on the twins!

Net - :shock:

I suspect the Rex girl was killed?
I should be on later. Hour or two.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

*Evil grin*

zedxrgal

If those buildings by me and that wall are able to be demolished its gonna happen. I've decided. I want that space of land. I keep looking at Seila's idea &
the more I do the more I want to make it happen.

Nefretiti

with taming freaks like us we need all the room we can get, I think Seila's actually started on the wall.

If this goes well I might have something for you Seila :)

zedxrgal

So much for making it on "in a couple hours". :( The nasty ass headache I woke up with still isn't letting up. Fingers crossed my next meds dose kills it.

I hope your tames went off Nef.

If I make it in my goal is to demo those buildings and start the wall on that side and place other buildings there. Big plans /ideas I has.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Fun to hear and see your plans :-D . Im taking a red days vacation from ark ;-)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Zed - The buildings are gone and I started with the wall. I didn't get very far because of the rex and 2 Theriz wandering around our area the little bit I got to play last night. I did get enough down to give an idea what I was thinking. Was thinking of doing build in trap units along the wall as well. Also, putting ladders on the inside that lead up to lookout points on the wall that could also be used to shoot narqs.

I'm thinking I could have put it out further, but I didn't want to encroach on the guy up the beach. Who, by the way, list his Bronto to that Rex. He had it outside because he didn't have a big enough door. I tried to save it by pecking Rex in the butt and hoping it'd follow me, but Rex didn't think I was a good enough snack.
zedxrgal

Seila - I saw (obviously :lol: ) the new gate /wall and it's perfect.
Now we just need to finish it. Issue is. Nef and I cannot help that I know of. I cannot snap to your pieces so to speak. Least I don't think so. When I fixed the hole in Nef's wall I just placed everything super super close to the existing wall. So my only thought is like a mats container where we can leave stuff for you to make what you need. When I get back in though I'll look. I'll try and drop some walls. My original plan was to build like a chute with multiple doors leading into the traps. I just want to get the perimeter wall done first.

Tarn - What's a red days vacation?

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well that's kind of silly if you think about it. How is a tribe suppose to work together to build stuff if you can't add on to their stuff? Hm. I guess we'll have to do the storage bin thing. We can pin code them if needed.

I'm working on it right now trying to flesh out the base design. I'm going to add walkways through the top of the wall that lead out to ledges where you can shoot down at stuff below. We can add the trap locations in later, as well. I have some ideas on how to build one that will stop even the smallest thing, but I'd have to test it out to see. It involves either the trap door frames or small fences.

There's a Theriz hanging around that has slowed my progress of harvesting Stone. I don't think the Rex you gave me can take this one out. It's level 65 and my Rex is only 57. I don't want to risk it.

Edit:
Took care of the Theriz. Took a bit, but Barrel Rolling twice, resting, then repeat worked. Back to gathering!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

zedxrgal wrote:Tarn - What's a red days vacation?
Cellphone autocorrect for a few days vacation.. :lol:

Was in today to build on the underwater enclosure, put down "fields" for planting veggies and plants And farmed more tree so i can finish the uunderwater enclosure and put another level on the land fence.... but got bored with all the building so took a break.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Seila - It could just be a tribe setting. Everything is set to "personal". I'd have to look. The only time I even change it regarding dino riding is when absolutely necessary like when Nef's got out. I'll look later when I get home. In my opinion trapping small stuff, anything smaller than a raptor, isn't really needed exactly. There isn't much small things we need. If you wanted a diloph they're super easy to tame or I could breed mine & you could hatch the egg. :) Upon thinking. Just using the trapping boats may be easier.

You just reminded me inadvertently I need to get my farming plots ready Tarn. :lol: They were great and I let them go.

Nefretiti

I just got a bunch of dinos from Pillars of the community.
couple of doeds, a pair of frogs, a beau for Shira, a lady rex for Warren, a ptera an argent and something you'll have to wait untill you get on to see :twisted:

I let Seila 'borrow' one of the doeds for building, should help her gather stone more effectively than the anky.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Running into the snag I kind of expected with the way I wanted to do the wall. I thought I could turn snap off to avoid it, but you can't. If you could free place foundations it would work, but it keeps trying to snap to the piece it can't be placed on. I can go down a hill fine, I can't go up. So I might have to start at the top of the hill and work down towards the gate to get it to work. Which might require some demoing of stuff I already placed. The fence rails are just sooooo darn annoying to work with. You can't see them under the grass so it's hard to see where you're placing them, let alone if you run the base shape/line for the wall and then add the wall pieces later.. it's hard to find them again.

While working on the wall I had an almost twin Compy come running up to me, and he was male! Then I saw his level. Ouch, 115. I interrupted what I was doing to go find some Prime Meat and quickly returned. Knocked him out with a few arrows and gave him 4 Prime Meat. It wasn't enough. I was one meat shy of taming him. So I lured him into my base to save him for later. Eventually I managed to get him in my house and it's a good thing I did. If you're facing something and you hit enter, it makes ALL YOUR DINOS ATTACK IT! I was sending a message and I saw the red pulse of light around him just like I had seen while we were taming that Theriz. I found out what it does, because EVERYONE tried to kill the poor little guy. Thankfully only my little lowbie Compy was in the house and she started smacking him around. Everyone else just ran around the house like crazy trying to get him.

I took a break, came back and went Prime Meat hunting. Managed to get 6? I think this time. Fly back to my house, tranq him and toss the meat into his inventory. Most of it is about ready to expire, but it was enough.

He looks just like her except for his white markings. It took forever to get them positioned right. I threw them.. a lot. Then after ALL THAT, I accidentally hit the "all follow" button. Ugh. Had to resituate everyone.

I named my twin raptors Rory (red king) and Rowan (little red one). The red female is Titaia (fire; to burn).
Attachments
CompyLove.jpg
CompyLove.jpg (570.14 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Your compys are adorable :D

I think a tribe is allowed to click its buidlings together? the vidoes ive seen on youtube they can all build as one..

Ohh and i dont know how much tweeking you guys can do on your server but I would suggest getting this mod :

Tavan's Trough - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =531713045

makes your food trough store food as a refrigerator at the same time it feed your animals..

zedxrgal

My wall building process might help you Seila. Part of my paddock has a hill. My method was drop the fence foundation then immediately snap the wall. So what was "in the ground" was visible at certain points. I would drop foundation then my three walls. Nuther foundation, nuther three walls. It takes forever but it does work to see when something is partially or mostly clipped in.
Congrats on the compy tame!!!! :mrgreen:

Edit: Tarn - I think the required pre-engrams (fridge) is not available on Primitive+. I could be wrong. I've not seen anything electrical so far in anyone's base. I am not seeing anything to say one way or the other. We can't even make a preserving bin. Ours is a Meat Preserving Shed.
I look into it further though. Thank you.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Have you logged in yet, zed?

I'm going to try and see if going down hill will work, if not I can just do the fence wall thing. With a Doed and Theriz, this should get real easy to make walls.

I'll be on in a bit. Just woke up after a brief 5? Hour nap... after being up for 24. Seems my insomnia is back.

Also, I think the most advanced thing we have are the riffle/pustol.. maybe the grill.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Farming obsidian.. location closes to me

not a safe thing to do.. this is a deathworm.. luckily only lvl 8 but man those are nasty

and spiders chased me on the way home...

zedxrgal

:lol: Tarn. A hatchet doesn't really look formidable against one of those arachnids. Any & all bugs in Ark scare me. They scare me a lot.

And hooray *throws confetti* I finally finally got my compound EXACTLY how I envisioned it. My compy pack has their house built. My dodos are in their coop. I have separate paddocks for my herbivores & predators. Got everyone "parked". Although knowing my luck I'll log back in and my predators will be in different spots. The little predators are on passive so they shouldn't move. I now have three gates. A behemoth gate at each end of the compound and a standard gate in the center. I'll have to take screen shots. Oh! I was gifted my dream beaver! She looks like a skunk! I named her Le Pew. :lol: My dream dino list is getting shorter. :D

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

That's sometimes my fault. I'll be killing something and it will run into your wall, or Net's, and drive everyone crazy trying to attack it. Sorry.

Need to finish that wall today. I made a ton of foundations last night, but was sleepy, so decided to go to bed. Hopefully my sleep schedule is fixed now....

We'll see how well it works. I'm not sure if it will prevent things from spawning inside as it won't be fully enclosed. I don't know how thyhat works, but I've seen other bases with open sides on the water. Building a water enclosure will be... challenging.