Pokemon!

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Kamalia »

Actually, Zangor, my guess is that Black and White are actually referring to the Yin Yang symbol. Of course, that's just a guess, but it makes the most sense to me. /shrug

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Alright, so Gala finally convinced me to go out and buy my first Pokemon game ever.

I picked up SoulSilver, and even though I loved the Pokemon cards and show when I was little I've yet to actually play one of the games. I'm a complete newb, but so far I'm having fun. xD
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I think it's a little bit weird that they would create a pokémon black when they made the pokémon trading card game for gameboy color, and although it isn't officially "Pokémon black" and i don't know anyone who has the game, but most people i assume, would just call that game pokémon black.

But i s'pose that confusion would be less because a) hardly anyone has heard of it and b) ones for the GBC and the other is for the DS.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ungoro »

Oh wow! At school today i was playing Fire red and i was looking in my pc and realised that aswell as shiny fearow i also have a shiny weezing, which i'm well pleased about. Mainly because it's a second shiny pokémon and i love the colours used!

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

If anyone is interested...

I believe Boomerang has the rights to the first (And second) season of Pokemon, so if still love the old GOOD Pokemon anime, you can check it out. X) I know I loved the anime up to when Misty left. Then it just got dull.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ungoro »

I just got back from my friends house who was holiding a pokémon day. It was mainly based around 2 people that had a few level 100 and a ton of other strong pokémon (they battled using level 70 pokémon), but one of them EV trained their pokémon. But there was trading aswell, battling and just helping eachother through games.

Pretty successful i'd say. I got a Gible, a shiny tangela that one of the people had caught like, an hour before the 'poké day' actually started, a Cresselia, and an alakazam.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

AHHHH !!!! it took me way to long to notice this topic!!!! lol I am a HUGE pokemon fan, have ALL the games, and over 10,000 cards.
Actually, I find it funny that I am such a huge fan given that when pokemon first came out I was in grade 7 and really hated getting cught up in the "trends". I wouldnt have even started except some little grade 3 kid gave me a magnemite card.
Currently playing the soulsilver game, up to the E4, just have to refine my teams moves before heading in. My Fav pkmn of all time is Flygon, I love dragons, and flygon looks sooo coolz.
I've just gotten into trying out EV training, I like the results but the endless grinding is a bit of a drag. But in my Diamond version, I stumbled upon the pokerus, and have managed to keep it active, so it's making it a bit easier.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Makoes wrote:My Fav pkmn of all time is Flygon, I love dragons, and flygon looks sooo coolz.
OMG I adore Flygon too! *Hugs the Flygon plushie that she has* Out of my Platinum team, Chronizera my adorable little Flygon is deffinitely my favourite <3
Vephriel

If I had to pick just one favourite pokemon it would probably have to be Houndoom. :3 Awesome skeletal doberman with skulls? Hell yeah!
Senna-Umbreon

Yeah! Houndoom are just plain epic XD But.. At this moment in time, both Shuppet and Haunter are tied as my favourites <3 Ghost Pokemon FTW! lol
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

in HG my team is: Feraligatr, Ariados, Leafeon, Houndoom, Pupitar, and Altaria.
Houndoom with flashfire ability made catching Ho-oh a breeze, since none of Ho-ohs abilities could damage him, and I could just wittle away Ho-ohs hp with fire-type moves.

I like ghost type misdreavious and mismagnus. Ghost types deffinitally have some advantages over other types, spiritomb has 0 weaknesses. Now if only I could get wi-fi to work where I live, then I'd be set!!

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Senna-Umbreon

Makoes wrote:in HG my team is: Feraligatr, Ariados, Leafeon, Houndoom, Pupitar, and Altaria.
Houndoom with flashfire ability made catching Ho-oh a breeze, since none of Ho-ohs abilities could damage him, and I could just wittle away Ho-ohs hp with fire-type moves.
Aaaw Leafeon! AND OMG YAY PUPITAR AND ARIADOS!! <3 My teams are.. (Mwahaha, I have two copies of SoulSilver and one of HeartGold XD)

SoulSilver, main copy: Umbreon, Tyranitar, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Noctowl/Latios/Typhlosion. (I usually don't use Legendaries but in this game I'm playing as my Trainersona, who has those Legendaries, so I had to use them for my team)
SoulSilver, second copy: Furret, Venonat, Lapras, Dratini, Togetic and Phanpy.
And HeartGold: Feraligatr, Meganium, Arcanine, Shiny Nidorina (My first ever caught Shiny <3 <3 <3), Xatu and Weavile.
Makoes wrote:I like ghost type misdreavious and mismagnus. Ghost types deffinitally have some advantages over other types, spiritomb has 0 weaknesses. Now if only I could get wi-fi to work where I live, then I'd be set!!
Spiritomb? What about Sableye? Sableye was a Dark/Ghost Type before Spiritomb even existed! (Sorry, I just adore Sableye and I don't really like it when people act like Spiritomb is the most amazing thing to grace the world of Pokemon due to having no weaknesses, even when there was a Pokemon with the same type combo years before it)

And yeah, Misdreavus and Mismagius are awesome, buuut I have to say I like Shuppet and Haunter (Along with the rest of its evolution line <3) much more! <3
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ungoro »

My Heartgold team is: Typhlosion, Gyarados (Red), Gabite (Who i'm going to evolve into Garchomp), Dragonite, Leafeon an HO-OH. HO-OH is only there because he knows fly.

My Soulsilver team is N/A at this time because my friend couldn't buy the game and really wanted to play it for me, so i decided he could use it...The team will definately have a Feraligatr.

Edit: Leafeon is actually a permanent member in my team. I just want to level up a good grass pokémon. Leafeon will probably be replaced with Salamence when i migrate one

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Houndoom, oh yes. I also got back into the habit of re-coloring Pokemon sprites. >.< I've got a bunch of edited and recolored sprites.

Also my current team is: Umbreon, Raichu, Dragonair, Meganium, Pidgeot, and Arcanine. Whether or not I'll let my Dragonair evolve is yet to be decided.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Spiritomb? What about Sableye? Sableye was a Dark/Ghost Type before Spiritomb even existed! (Sorry, I just adore Sableye and I don't really like it when people act like Spiritomb is the most amazing thing to grace the world of Pokemon due to having no weaknesses, even when there was a Pokemon with the same type combo years before it)
your right, lol i always forget about Sableye. though comparing the stats between the two, spiritomb has much higher atk, s.atk, def, s.def then sableye. http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/spiritomb/ vs http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/sableye/

~~~
~~~
~~~

Vephriel

My little accomplishment of the day: Catching a male Vulpix!!!

Okay, maybe it's not super exciting, but I *really* wanted a Vulpix...specifically a male since I like my pets to be males.

Anyways, I finally got access to the road where they appear on tonight, so I started running back and forth through the grass trying to track one down. Naturally the Vulpix on its own is somewhat rare to come across, but not only that...among Vulpix the males are even more rare. I encounted about 7 females before I stumbled upon my first male....and it runs away in battle! Argh!

Cue more running through grass for half an hour.....I eventually find another male, but halfway through my catching attempt it too runs away! I'm practically pulling my hair out at this point, it's been over an hour and a half, but I'm still determined. Finally, third time's a charm...I run into the 3rd male Vulpix and managed to grab him. ^___^
Senna-Umbreon

Vephriel wrote:My little accomplishment of the day: Catching a male Vulpix!!!

Okay, maybe it's not super exciting, but I *really* wanted a Vulpix...specifically a male since I like my pets to be males.

Anyways, I finally got access to the road where they appear on tonight, so I started running back and forth through the grass trying to track one down. Naturally the Vulpix on its own is somewhat rare to come across, but not only that...among Vulpix the males are even more rare. I encounted about 7 females before I stumbled upon my first male....and it runs away in battle! Argh!

Cue more running through grass for half an hour.....I eventually find another male, but halfway through my catching attempt it too runs away! I'm practically pulling my hair out at this point, it's been over an hour and a half, but I'm still determined. Finally, third time's a charm...I run into the 3rd male Vulpix and managed to grab him. ^___^

Aaaw, Vulpiiiix!~ Gah, I adore Vulpix and Ninetales so darn much! <3 Heehee, male Vulpix are awesome, so... Unstereotypical! Kinda like the male Skitty I'm planning on trying to get today~~~~ <3
Makoes wrote:your right, lol i always forget about Sableye. though comparing the stats between the two, spiritomb has much higher atk, s.atk, def, s.def then sableye. http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/spiritomb/ vs http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/sableye/
Well, to be honest, just because something has better stats doesn't mean the one with slighter lower stats can be forgotten. Heck, I have a lot of Pokemon who I don't even evolve, even if they gain better moves and stats when they do. Stats aren't always everything. Besides, Sableye looks much cooler and cuter than Spiritomb! <3
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

well guys while playing emerald I came across Mrs Latias.....the big dragon caused me to do something unusual......raise a smeargle and breed up a baby spinarak.....

my plan is simple....at first I was gonna use an ariados with spider web and baton pass for the job (baton pass is an egg move). I caught a male Ledyba from Safari Zone....bred it with a female Spinarak......the result was a spinarak with Baton Pass. After a bit of levelling I realized the flaw....Ariados is horrendously slow.....then it dawned on me........the pokemon who is the master of adaptation (besides Ditto I guess)......Smeargle. I took out the lvl 48 Smeargle I caught.......and sketched Ariados's Baton Pass (if you wanna sketch baton pass....enter a double battle....use baton pass....then use sketch on the pokemon that was summoned). Next I caught a Golbat in Victory road and sketched Mean Look (after gettin Smeargle to 51). Smeargle proved to be an amazing Trapper (stops pokemon from running). He mean looks latias, then I Baton Pass to Stantler so he can use Hypnosis......then I try to catch it (its been weakened by a shadow ball from Alakazam).

Sadly...Madame Latias is bein a meanie.....

btw for those that don't know.....Baton Pass allows me to switch w/out breaking Mean Look.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Thats actually a really creative use for a smeargle! I never thought to use one in that manner before. hmmm... mean look, baton pass, false swipes, and sing/sleep powder would be interesting to try out...
hmm, but then again there are pokemon with arena trap ability...something tells me I am going to be pouring over my books again to find the ultimate trapper.

True, stats arent everything, but thay help :P Sableye IS a much better looker then spiritomb.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Progress has been made, Bugsy has fallen to the might of my mastery over small but...deadly Pokemon!
And Sentret became a Furret! <3 He's adorable! Currently in Goldenroad...now it's time for one of the challenging ones...Whitney.
I just need to spend less time in the bush training but...but...I got a new flying pokemon and lots of others on the walker with two Poliwags!

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"