Pokemon!

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Kamalia »

Gah. Shiny pokémon. As lovely as they are, getting them is the most frustrating thing. Ever. The gods of gaming must have smiled upon me on my third chaining try and I got a shiny ralts (Now a Gallade)... and I think I used up all of my luckiness for games for the year for him. I attempted chaining several times again, managed to get to the high 30's several times... and promptly get it broken. :x I highly doubt I'll ever see a shiny in the wild, considering my luck. :lol: It is honestly beyond me how people manage to get 12 or more shinies using the chaining method.
And Zangor, how on earth did you manage to get shiny legendaries?! Did you use action replay?
Sonata wrote:Wonderful Soul Silver arrived to the home was it on thurstday. I got into playing it on saturday still. I kept on reseting the game because how I named the character and choosing a starter. My original Silver had me starting with Totodile (I love the little croc), but this time I chose to take Cyndaquil.
*Proceedes to be teased by Safri*
Cyndaquil! <3 As adorable totodile is, honestly, how can you resist an adorable little fiery weasel... ferret... critter...?!

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Kamalia wrote:Gah. Shiny pokémon. As lovely as they are, getting them is the most frustrating thing. Ever. The gods of gaming must have smiled upon me on my third chaining try and I got a shiny ralts (Now a Gallade)... and I think I used up all of my luckiness for games for the year for him. I attempted chaining several times again, managed to get to the high 30's several times... and promptly get it broken. :x I highly doubt I'll ever see a shiny in the wild, considering my luck. :lol: It is honestly beyond me how people manage to get 12 or more shinies using the chaining method.
Yes, Shiny Pokemon are the bane of my existance sometimes. Argh, I've NEVER been able to get the hang of chaining, so I doubt I'd be able to get many more Shinies. .... I am so jealous of that Shiny Gallade .________.
Kamalia wrote:Cyndaquil! <3 As adorable totodile is, honestly, how can you resist an adorable little fiery weasel... ferret... critter...?!
Exactly! Who could resist that cute little fire ecidna! (Its a ecidna! You know, those little creatures from Australia that lay eggs despite being mammals? Yeah, those things! lol) But I do adore Totodile and Chikorita, which is why I have both a Feraligatr and Meganium in HeartGold, while I have Typhlosion in SoulSilver <3 <3 <3
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:Yes, Shiny Pokemon are the bane of my existance sometimes. Argh, I've NEVER been able to get the hang of chaining, so I doubt I'd be able to get many more Shinies. .... I am so jealous of that Shiny Gallade .________.
I do love my Gallade ever so much. <3 I think I watched a dozen videos and read several in-depth posts about it before I somewhat got the hang of it, although it's really satisfying to get him after all that work. I honestly don't think I'll try chaining again for a long, long time... it's certainly only for those who are either patient, or stubborn as a mule. There was another method... I think it's called the Masuda method? I think it's when you breed two pokémon from different national versions of the game (IE an American pikachu with a Japanese pikachu), and it greatly increases the chances of the offspring to be shiny. If I remember correctly, the chances are even better than chaining. Of course, it's still something like 1/4000. >.>
Senna-Umbreon wrote:Exactly! Who could resist that cute little fire ecidna! (Its a ecidna! You know, those little creatures from Australia that lay eggs despite being mammals? Yeah, those things! lol) But I do adore Totodile and Chikorita, which is why I have both a Feraligatr and Meganium in HeartGold, while I have Typhlosion in SoulSilver <3 <3 <3
Aaahhh... an echidna! Makes much more sense now. You'd think I would've gotten it with the "quil" in Cyndaquil's name. Though, I suppose I can still somewhat defend my geekiness with the fact that Quilava looks somewhat like a weasel or ferret ...:|

Senna-Umbreon

Kamalia wrote:I do love my Gallade ever so much. <3 I think I watched a dozen videos and read several in-depth posts about it before I somewhat got the hang of it, although it's really satisfying to get him after all that work. I honestly don't think I'll try chaining again for a long, long time... it's certainly only for those who are either patient, or stubborn as a mule. There was another method... I think it's called the Masuda method? I think it's when you breed two pokémon from different national versions of the game (IE an American pikachu with a Japanese pikachu), and it greatly increases the chances of the offspring to be shiny. If I remember correctly, the chances are even better than chaining. Of course, it's still something like 1/4000. >.>
I've watched a few videos on it myself.. I still have no idea how to chain. At all lol. And yeah, I've heard of that method.. Luckily, I do have a Japanese Umbreon that I might end up using to hopefully maybe get some Shiny Eevees... XD
Kamalia wrote:Aaahhh... an echidna! Makes much more sense now. You'd think I would've gotten it with the "quil" in Cyndaquil's name. Though, I suppose I can still somewhat defend my geekiness with the fact that Quilava looks somewhat like a weasel or ferret ...:|
Yerp. XD I've done the same thing, thought some Pokemon was based on something else before finding out what it really was based on and having one of those "DUH" moments, like with Entei, I never really tried to figure out what it was based on, then one day thought "It looks like both a dog and a lion... Wait, ITS A FREAKING CHINESE LION DOG! DUH!!!" I felt like such an idiot lol. Though actually, Typhlosion could easily also be based on a badger... (YAY FOR BADGERS! <3)
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I am now tempted to nickname my Cyndaquil as Knuckles!
Always though that they were a reference to porkypines, or those antbears...or what they were called.

I've only passed my first gym (Falkneer <3) and getting so many pokemon that I'm spending more time in the bushes than moving forward. And the pokewalker ain't making it easier, caught a Staryu there and a Machop. So addicting....Silver being a childhood favorite game.
Never had a shiny and never bothered....I'd love a shiny Luxray...or an Umbreon those would be so nice.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Senna-Umbreon

Sonata wrote:I am now tempted to nickname my Cyndaquil as Knuckles!
Always though that they were a reference to porkypines, or those antbears...or what they were called.
Bwahaha, that would be an adorable name for a Cyndaquil! Mine is named Taronga, after the Taronga Zoo in Australia, where I first saw a echidna!
Sonata wrote:I've only passed my first gym (Falkneer <3) and getting so many pokemon that I'm spending more time in the bushes than moving forward. And the pokewalker ain't making it easier, caught a Staryu there and a Machop. So addicting....Silver being a childhood favorite game.
Never had a shiny and never bothered....I'd love a shiny Luxray...or an Umbreon those would be so nice.
Hah, I've beaten all the Gym Leaders of Johto and Kanto in my SoulSilver game (Well.. my first copy of the game, I have two of SoulSilver and one of HeartGold, and even in HeartGold I've just gotten my second Kanto badge, mwahahaha!) ... While in my second SoulSilver game, I've only just beaten Bugsy >.> But soon I shall go whoop the butts of Whitney and her damned Miltank! MWAHAHA! And then I'll be off to maul some Ghost Pokemon with my Furret's Shadow Claw attack! XD (... Not to mention start fangirling like insane when I get to Ecruteak City, since I happen to ADORE the Gym Leader, Morty, cause argh he is so cute <3 <3 <3 .. ANYWAY ENOUGH OF MY SPAZZING AND FANGIRLING)
Hehe, I'd also adore getting a Shiny Luxray, they're so pretty, or a Umbreon, or a Charizard! Or a Dragonite, or Rayquaza.. Or a Ninetales. ... There are way too many Shinies that I love XD
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Sonata »

Senna-Umbreon wrote: Bwahaha, that would be an adorable name for a Cyndaquil! Mine is named Taronga, after the Taronga Zoo in Australia, where I first saw a echidna!
I'd love to see a live echidna D: They are so cute. Yay I'm not the only one who nicknames their pokemons! I wonder if theres a mister.naming guy in this game I want to change alot of names.
Senna-Umbreon wrote:Not to mention start fangirling like insane when I get to Ecruteak City, since I happen to ADORE the Gym Leader, Morty, cause argh he is so cute <3 <3 <3 .. ANYWAY ENOUGH OF MY SPAZZING AND FANGIRLING
Mortyy~ he was so cute back in the anime <3 It's kinda weird that he's in purple in the new game, when he had the blue bandana and t-shirt back in ye' old days. Trying my hardest not to fangirl here.

I don't get it why do you have two Soulsilvers? o_o

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Senna-Umbreon

Sonata wrote:I'd love to see a live echidna D: They are so cute. Yay I'm not the only one who nicknames their pokemons! I wonder if theres a mister.naming guy in this game I want to change alot of names.
They are very cute! I nickname all my Pokemon. Well, usually, the ones I use at least. And yes, there is a guy like that, but he's waaay in Goldenrod City, quite a bit aways from where you are.
Sonata wrote:Mortyy~ he was so cute back in the anime <3 It's kinda weird that he's in purple in the new game, when he had the blue bandana and t-shirt back in ye' old days. Trying my hardest not to fangirl here.
Yus he was so very adorable back then, but he looks so much cuter now, I seriously adore the scarf that he has now <3 /majorfangirl
Sonata wrote:I don't get it why do you have two Soulsilvers? o_o
Becaaaause... When I finished playing HeartGold, I was like "But.. I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME SOME MORE ARGHHHHH BUT I DON'T WANNA RESTART ONE OF MY GAAAAAMMEAFGHSBGZJZDHG *Dies*" .. Yeah, thats basically it. Then again, I seem to have this problem with all my Pokemon games and such.. Four copies of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, two of Pokemon Msystery Dungeon Time and two of Darkness, three of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky, two of Pokemon Platinum.. Not to mention my two copies of Digimon World Dusk and two of Digimon World Dawn, along with four of Digimon World DS... XD
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Sonata »

Oh....WTB TM fly now. *runs through like a crazy maniac through the cave* I HATE...Caves. Mister Naaamiiiing guyyy.
..And the rival...god...he's good looking too a douche but a good looking one. /cuts the fangirlism/
xD Well if you have the money go for it. I could never restart any of my pokemons (actualy one of them kinda restarted itself because of a memory failure) and my Red version I don't want to...complete pokedex but bugged, stupid me catched Missing.no.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Senna-Umbreon

Omgyes, the rival is such a freaking BRAT, but such a very adorable brat... ._______. /is seriously fangirling way too much right now.
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

The Gen 5 game titles and some screenshots were released!
I really hope this won't be a 2DS exclusive. I don't want to get a whole new DS when the one I have is perfectly fine. :(

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

/facepalm

MORE GENERATIONS WTF.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

They've said it's going to be for the normal DS, Kamalia, which is awesome. I'm excited for it; I love seeing (and welcome) the new Pokemon.

...And I'm going to agree with you guys on how cute the HGSS rival is. >///> Not so much in the originals, but now..!
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Personally I hate Pokemon and detest that so many WoW players refer to Hunters as "Pokemon". Of the few times my kids asked me to watch the cartoon which, they loved when they were younger, I never saw the Human actually fight along side their pet. So as far as I am concerned, Hunters are nothing like Pokemon. So, many Hunters want to have a lot of pets, that does not make use Pokemon players.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Senna-Umbreon

Jolyroger wrote:Personally I hate Pokemon and detest that so many WoW players refer to Hunters as "Pokemon". Of the few times my kids asked me to watch the cartoon which, they loved when they were younger, I never saw the Human actually fight along side their pet. So as far as I am concerned, Hunters are nothing like Pokemon. So, many Hunters want to have a lot of pets, that does not make use Pokemon players.
..... You know you just posted that in a thread full of people who adore Pokemon, right? Prepare to be mauled. A lot.

*Edit* Also.. Though humans don't literally fight along side their Pokemon physically, most Trainers (The ones who are very close to their Pokemon) mentally fight along side them. So if you see Hunters as a class thats very closely bonded to their pets, then yes, Hunters are a lot like Pokemon Trainers.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I think Hunters are paralled to Pokemon mostly because they are the only class in WoW that needs to go out into the 'tall grass' and find their own combat partners. ;)
Gotta catch 'em all!

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Jadvya wrote:They've said it's going to be for the normal DS, Kamalia, which is awesome. I'm excited for it; I love seeing (and welcome) the new Pokemon.
Yaaaaay! :D
Jolyroger wrote:Personally I hate Pokemon and detest that so many WoW players refer to Hunters as "Pokemon". Of the few times my kids asked me to watch the cartoon which, they loved when they were younger, I never saw the Human actually fight along side their pet. So as far as I am concerned, Hunters are nothing like Pokemon. So, many Hunters want to have a lot of pets, that does not make use Pokemon players.
Well, hunters (especially the BM spec) are compared to Pokémon trainers because Pokémon has a similar idea - pets, and the people they are friends with/fight alongside with. Also, I second everything Senna explained. :lol:

...Also, referring to hunters as Pokémon trainers is just a joke. If you don't like the game series, that's fine, but there's no reason to hate on a little joke.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The concept is a bit similar or a lot similar with the addition of the new stable system in Cat. :lol: Hunters will be able to carry 3 active pets, while we can have several passive pets in another stable. Like how a Pokemon trainer can carry six Pokemon with them and has to store the rest in their PC, but they can catch as many as they want. Pokemon are also usually caught in the while, like how a hunter has to tame a while beast.

Now there are, of course, a lot of differences. Like Pokemon Trainers don't fight, they're Pokemon do the fighting. Hunters do fight with their pets along side them.

Like Kamalia said it's a joke that the Hunter class gets. (Hell, even Blizzard calls Hunters Pokemon Trainers!)

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Sonata »

I respect your opinion, but please this thread mostly has as Senna said players who enjoy the game. Besides WoW and Pokemon have two different settings anyway. In pokemon the trainer is the one who guides the Pokemon, if you have seen the show you know that for example Ash shares a close bond with his companions and cares for them greatly even after Charizard burned him millions of times.
......No I am not taking it personaly I just like writing like that and it means that I get my point across.

Back to topic,that is the fifth generation already?! Man I feel so old.
Get's me quite excited to see some more screenshots, looks like it's a Dark/Fire starter?
Wait Blizzard calls us pokemon hunter?! xD WTB that title!

Finaly got to my second gym, I hate caves did I mention that?

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

nintendo is also returning to their roots with the names black and white....might be racist but they both are normal colors....unless you count that black absorbs all other colors and white reflects them.