Pokemon!

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Pokemon!

Unread post by Jadvya »

Since a lot of us here are pet collectors, it seems kind of natural that we'd like Pokemon, yeah? So who else plays? I got SoulSilver yesterday and am loving it to death; I started with a Totodile and I've currently got a Flaafy, Hoothoot, and Hoppip in my team as well. As I post I'm sitting here trying to grind my team up to reasonable levels so I can take on my rival's damn Bayleef. It keeps using Synthesis! ARGH!

So yeah, anyone else share the love? X3
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Golden »

Ah, I was wondering when this topic would come up. :D Was thinking of making it myself, but... Got distracted I guess. :P

My love in Pokémon started when I got Pearl from a friend as a gift. <3 Now I have almost complete Pokédex there (only missing Groudon and Kyogre, both of which I'm trying to get as a shiny in my Emerald - already got shiny Rayquaza *squee*). I also got Platinum last Summer, just so I could get the secret key and thus unlock all the Rotom's forms.

I would love to get the SoulSilver and HeartGold, but can't afford it right now. :( Maybe in the Summer, I really can't wait to get my hands on them. *drool*

What's everyone's favourite Pokémon? Mine would probably be Abomasnow, don't ask me why. Guess I just love its combination of Grass & Ice type, it's a real killer against the E4. Out of all the Legendaries, I would definitely pick Rayquaza. :P
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I don't understand any of that...
So no, I don't care much for Pokemon.

Gotta' kill 'em all!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Ha. I knew I'd give into this. >.< I HAVE to get SoulSilver. I just cannot stand to not have it. Silver was my favorite game, but I'm down to $24 and have an anime convention coming up. (My mom will be giving the money to that regardless, but I won't have as much money.)

Anyways, she'd said if I do some things, she'll pay the last $16 I need, and give me a bit more money for my anime convention.

I WANT MY CHIKORITA BACK. ;^;

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

My favorite is probably Sandshrew or Rhydon; I'm fond of ground-types. Earthquake for the win! I'm also fond of Miltank, Arcanine, Torterra (actually have a chibi Torterra plushie sitting on my scanner here), and Swampert.

Silver was my absolute favorite out of all the games, up until, well, SoulSilver. My sister and I got Red and Blue, respectively (it's started a tradition; now I always get the cool colors and she gets the warm ones) when we turned... 8, I believe? Then that Christmas we got Gold and Silver.

I've never tried collecting all of them... Maybe back in Red/Blue, but certainly not with 400+ now! @_@ For a while I planned to Pokesav (a.k.a. hack) a PvP-ready member of each species, so I could mix it up when fighting friends, but that didn't last long.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I'm a fan of old-school Pokemon. That is to say, I loved Red/Blue/Yellow and I was very fond of Gold/Silver. After that, I think they've just been playing off the franchise's popularity. The pokemon keep getting uglier and uglier and resemble animals less and less and sculptures more and more. :(

I picked up a used copy of Sapphire over winter break at my room-mate's encouragement. It's okay, and I do enjoy some of the new pokemon in that one, but more and more of them are just so...unlikeable.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I can't wait til SoulSilver and...is it HeartGold? come out in the UK. I have pretty much every Pokémon game, although i lost the first two mystery games in Spain some years ago. I have Pokémon Channel as well as Colliseum on the NGC and apart from the three newest ones have all the Gameboy ones...I even have Pokémon black, which is the card game for the gameboy. 'Coz i'm cool!

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

As a college student, I just hope no one notices me when I go to get it.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Chrizesu wrote:As a college student, I just hope no one notices me when I go to get it.
:lol: No one is too old for Pokemon!

I want to get SS, but sadly don't have the money. -Sniffles- I want Lugia. ;~;

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I only have a GBA sp, so i cant use any of the new ones. I currently have fire red, leaf green, and ruby. I need help on my leaf green, i cant get raikou(yes squrtle was my starter), ive been using the same technque that i used to get suicune on fire red. After i beat elite 4, i get max repels, take about 23 steps in grass run in building, come out and repeat. It worked last time, but ive put almost 20 hours into it with no luck! (all my pokemon are under 50 so repel technique should work. =[
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

*hides pokemon games*
NO I don't like them...
*people stare* FINE I do like them. I grew up with the dang thing, it was a huge hit in our school back in the day. I can't wait for Soul Silver to come out...Silver was my personal favorite pokemon game.
Now I'll weep because I ruined my perfect blue save because I catched missing no.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I'd have to agree with Velkyn. I was reeeeally big on Pokemon when I was in middle school. Obsessed with Pokemon Red, and then later got and enjoyed Silver and Crystal.

I loved collecting the little figures, the cards (I have a VERY heavy binder laying around at my parent's house), and the first season of the anime is great.

I've really never tried anything past Crystal, but the Pokemon just seem to be multiplying and it seems kind of over the top to me now.

Original 151 ftw

((Oh, and my faves were always Blastoise and Zapdos<3))
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've never actually played the games, but in elementary school I totally collected the cards. My friends and I would also watch the show after school. I have hundreds upon hundreds of my cards somewhere, but I have no idea where they might be. :lol:
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

Razzy is, indeed, a fan of the Pokemanz. Bought HeartGold yesterday. xD I'm lovin' it.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Aw, Pokemon. So many good memories. Grade 6, and I made it my personal mission to collect every card in the first set. I did it too! Most of them are first editions too! I still have that blinder somewhere... Charizard was a b*tch to get though.... I traded like ten cards for it!
The first couple seasons of the anime where great too, but then it just turned downhill.
The games though! Oh, the games! I think I have almost all of them.... >>'' But, when Platinum came out, I thought I was ready. I thought I could finally stop. Its become such a money-grubbing franchise, squeezing it for all it's worth! I don't need to buy into that any-OOOOH, LOOK IT COMES WITH A FIGURINE! (Figurines are my one true weakness)
I have the same feelings about the newest ones. It's just a re-hash. I've done it before. Yadda-yadda-yadda. But, I'll probably crack and buy this one too. *grumble grumble*

But, my most favorite Pokemon has to be Eevee. Always was, Always willing be! I do have a bigger grouping of favorites though! Dratini, Ditto, Articuno, Arbok, Adsol...

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

One word.

Obsession.

My pokemon team cinsist mainly of canine and dragon type pokemon, I shuffle around my team as I go along.

Houndoom
Ninetales
Arcanine
Umbreon
Espeon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Suicune
Mightyena
Shiny Charizard

And some more I cannot remember. Yeah, I never had a set team of 6.

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Who wants to be a pokemon master?

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

pfft *pulls out his action replay* i sometimes make odd things for example....ever seen a magicarp that could use hyperbeam?
i do that :) but i make sure iv got the maximum play time of the game before i mess with it
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

I love Pokemon played almost all the games... I have SoulSilver, I kind of dont play it never much tho :P I have my 2nd badge, but I need to finish some other games for my DS plus! I make flipnote animations so I work on those alot. :3
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Aye, 30 this year and still a fan of Pokemon, though since WoW, I don't play it (or anything else for that matter) anymore. I have a few favs, but I got my nickname from my fascination with the legendary beast (who was actually stated in a press conference by Nintendo to be a cat, contrary to popular belief- and the english translation... wish I still had the article). My original fav was Eevee and her evolutions, Jolteon being my top fav of them, with Growlithe/Arcanine, Vulpix/Ninetales as well as a few others. Lugia was my super fav in the next set along with Sui and the other rares, guh... so many cool ones in the newer set I won't bother... and Absol is one of my newer favorites, complementing Sui by being the darker side of my Gemini 'split personality'. I liked this crazy phenomenon since before it hit the states, when it was a simple pedometer and a plush backpack I got from a store in the mall that had imported stuff. And I agree with age not playing a part in liking the game... most of the people I know are adults who like it. Downfall to having a nickname of a Pokemon? People think I named my WoW characters off Pokemon, when actually it was after my nickname >_<;; Does that make sense? lol
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)