Pokemon!

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Minor info today!

1: Roto Loto is the name of the new Rotomdex features.

2: Solgaleo's English Z-move name is Searing Sunraze Smash

3: Lunala's z-move is Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom. It looks like this move ignores abilities, as the trailer shows it fainting a Mimikyu that still had its disguise up.

4: Necrozma's new signature move, Photon Geyser, is both a Physical AND Special Attack...it utilizes the stat that happens to be higher.

5: Its confirmed that the buffs from Roto Loto are the return of the Gen 6 O-Powers p much as well as the reusable Z-move effect.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Magnakilro

Some new tidbits of USUM came out:

1: Confirmation that the story is more detailed than people believe, that the post-game story is more in-depth in change than Emerald and Platinum...and that the story is twice that of SuMo.

2: Catching and Training mons will have stuff added to make it less painful than it was in SuMo.

3: Past-Gen Legendaries can be encountered within Ultra Wormholes as you ride thru em on Solgaleo or Lunala. One possible, not fully confirmed, example was Mewtwo.
Magnakilro

More on USUM:

1: Full confirmation that Mewtwo IS in USUM

2: USUM WILL BE THE LAST MAIN SERIES POKEMON GAME ON THE 3DS! IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE GETTING THE MAIN SERIES GAMES, THEY ARE MOVING TO THE SWITCH IN 2018!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

That's exactly the news I needed to hear to purchase a Switch. I'll be saving now. :O

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Magnakilro

USUM News:

As expected (since they've been doing this in the follow-up versions since Crystal), Move Tutors are confirmed for USUM.

What IS interesting however is that the points from Mantine Surfing can get you items and buy tutor moves.
Magnakilro

Minor news: Team Rocket is in USUM it seems. The Download Card for the games shows a Team Rocket grunt and a Team Rocket base.

Source: https://www.serebii.net/news/2017/24-October-2017.shtml
Magnakilro

USUM News: Big news drop!

1: Team Rainbow Rocket revealed. This new(ish) evil team is lead by none other than Giovanni himself! Not only that, but the team leaders from past game teams are involved as admins (Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre. Maxie and Archie are back at their Gen 3 designs, not the ORAS ones). Gio is known to use a Mewtwo as his pokemon.

2: Battle Agency: The long-awaited return of Battle Factory. This is located in Festival Plaza. Battle others using rented pokemon. Win items and such. Pool of pokemon expands as you battle/meet more players.

3: Totem Stickers: Hidden throughout Alola are these Totem Stickers. Collect enough, and you can earn yourself a Totem-sized variant of a pokemon. Gumshoos, Lurantis (US only), and Salazzle (UM only) are known.

4: ALL past-gen legendary non-event Pokemon are available in-game. They appear in Ultra wormholes. Note that there are Version Exclusives and Requirements for some:

Exclusives:

US: Raikou, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Dialga, Heatran, Tornadus, Reshiram, Xerneas.

UM: Entei, Lugia, Latias, Kyogre, Palkia, Regigigas, Thundurus, Zekrom, Yveltal

Known requirements:

Suicune: Must have both Entei and Raikou

Rayquaza: Must have both Groudon and Kyogre

Giratina: Must have both Dialga and Palkia

Landorus: Must have both Tornadus and Thundurus

Kyurem: Must have both Reshiram and Zekrom
Magnakilro

So Pokemon USUM got leaked like crazy. Its insane! I'll post non-story spoilers below in white so you hafta make the conscious decision to highlight it to read....i will NEVER post story stuff as I've been avoiding those myself.

If you want this post deleted, let me know and I'll get rid of it.

1: Necrozma has a THIRD new form: Ultra Necrozma. This form is Psychic/Dragon and is a being of pure light. It has a new ability that empowers supereffective moves.

2: Necrozma has his own Z-move: Light That Burns the Sky: it is triggered by using the Ultranecrozium Z with Necro's new move, Photom Geyser. Like the base move, thius Z-move will use Necrozma's higher attacking stat to calculate damage. The Z-Crystal is also used to trigger the transformation into Ultra Necrozma.

3: mimikyu gets a Z-move: Let's Snuggle Forever.

4: The new UB's are:

Stakataka (Assembly)

Blacephalon (Burst)

Poipole (Adhesive)

5: When Poipole learns Dragon Pulse, it'll evolve into Naganadel, a Poison/Dragon type. Retains Beast Boost.

6: New Mythical Pokemon: Zeraora. Pure electric. Volt Absorb ability. New move: Plasma Fists. Physical Electric move. Opponent's Normal type moves become Electric type.

7: No new Alolan forms
Magnakilro

Been playin the heck outta Ultra Sun! Caught a shiny Mankey early on....got my shiny Charm. I'm currently resetting for Shiny Blacephalon
Magnakilro

Been ages since I posted here. But there's been rumors going around about the Switch generation of Pokemon. Normally this is ignorable but with Serebii (which is known for credibility) posting about it, I felt it at least interesting to discuss.

So basically there's a rumor going around that's apparently gained a lotta credibility (hence Serebii posting about it) that the new games are called 'Let's Go Pikachu' and 'Let's Go Eevee'. Serebii doesn't have that much more than that other than website domains for the two games being registered by a company that has done this for Nintendo before (Pokemon Sun and Moon for example).

The leaker that originally posted about this states that the games are Pokemon Yellow remakes of sorts with us as new trainers (Red and Blue being part of the story), pokemon following us are back, and there'll be interaction with Pokemon Go.

Nothing's confirmed yet but thought it'd be an interesting discussion point.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

*starts sweeping off the layers of dust* HELLO!!! *Waves*

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye out for the next pokemon game rumors. Bought my Switch with Christmas and Birthday money. Rather excited about having pokemon follow the trainer around again, I am really hoping that is indeed going to be happening! Even if the games are at theier base, remakes of the original games, that's fine with me. I'd love to re-experience Kanto with updated graphics XD.

Been keeping myself entertained with all the SM/USUM games, trying to teach my daughter how to actually build a team (she keeps switching her pokemon around for ones she likes more...but a lv 7 is not going to beat anything on Poni Island...). Trying to get it through her head that she needs to level up the pokemon first or use ones that are leveled up.

I've been playing around with a Zeroara for the past while, I really do think its one of the neatest pokemon of the new generation. Its such an electric ninja kitty of awesomeness! I am looking forward to when it has it's official debute!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu are CONFIRMED!

These games are remakes of Yellow.

Only the original 151 Pokemon and some Alolan mons will be featured , as well as something brand new.

Wild Pokemon can't be battled, instead you use the Joy-con to capture them Pokemon Go style.

Trainers can be battled traditionally.

Pokemon you have in Pokemon Go can be sent to these games.

There's a pokeball peripheral thingy that can be used for capturing and to walk with your pokemon.

No online play

Local Co-op is available...a friend can grab the other Joy-con and join your adventure.

Trainer customization returns. Pokemon following you returns

Eevee and Pikachu can be customized too.

These games are merely spinoffs. The REAL core series games will be coming next year.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The new Switch games sound really cute, even if they're not at all what I was expecting. I had an initial disappointment surge when I thought they were standing in for the real core series games- but now that I realize they're not, they have me pretty excited! It sounds like a fun way to make Pokemon GO feel like it has a point again, and I wouldn't mind that. I haven't played it since it came out.

Pokemon Quest looks interesting too- for both of these new spinoffs, I did initially want something a little more... meaty and complicated? But, more and more, I've been craving old, simple games. I wouldn't mind a return to a much simpler, more relaxing form of play.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I just saw the Clip on FB for the new games, I am SUPER excited for it! I am wondering how the co-op works for the 2nd trainer...does this require an extra game and/or system, or is it a generic +1 character that gets used. Having the compatibility with Pokemon GO is going to be super awesome!!

Going to have SOOOOOO much fun playing this with my Daughter :D

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro

You'll need a second system to trade and battle. Co-Op seems to be the second trainer just...goes along with you with their own pokemon...they can assist in battles and captures.

Also the 'No online' thing has turned out to be a mistranslation.
Magnakilro

one more tidbit: When asked about EV training, it was revealed that the team is going with a more simplified approach to lvling up and training pokemon. Details will come at a later date.
Magnakilro

More info on the online features of Let's Go.

There WILL be online battling and trading.

There will NOT be GTS, Battle Spot or Wonder trade.
Magnakilro

Lotsa info on Let's Go and Pokemon's future came up. A lot of it is known but I'll post all the points to be thorough:

1: Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are officially main series games.

2: The games are for a newer, more casual audience.

3: From here on, the Main Series will come in 2 parts....games like Let's go for the new and/or casual fans and games like the ones coming in 2019 for the hardcore/traditional fans. So in short: 2019 games are the more traditional rpg ones......these are mostly to introduce newer fans, especially those who enjoyed Pokemon Go.

4: The 2019 games will not have any simplification resulting from Let's Go.

5: You don't need Pokemon Go to play Let's Go.

6: You don't need the pokeball accessory to play Let's go.

7: As stated before, there will still be online play. The announcement of no online was a mistranslation.

8: Pokemon get four attacks like traditional main series games. Attacking works like those games too.

9: Attack animations will be more akin to main series as well, not Go's.

10: Wild pokemon will be of similar lvl and species to the original Kanto games...for example, a Clefairy in Mt. Moon will be lvled as if you found it in Red.

11: Wild pokemon have both a level and CP. CP seems to mostly be a factor for transferring it to Go rather than something the game is based on. Its also meant to bring some familiarity to Go players, as those are the target audience.

12: Wild Pokemon are caught like in go (flicking the Joy Con or Pokeball, or entire Switch system to throw)

13: The pokeball accessory makes it easier to catch stuff.

14: Items can be used before throwing a ball to aid in capture.

15: Items are useable in Battle.

16: Double Battles are back.

17: Players can co-op with each other at any time.

18: Co-opped players can help in story battles, and join in double battles. You can do the full adventure together or separate.

19: Co-op players can help in capture. Both players get the spoils.

20: Pokemon Centers will still exist

21: As part of making the game simpler for a new crowd, wild pokemon appear on the overworld so you won't have to spend hours looking for that one rare pokemon. This is so you can get back to the action faster.

22: Team Rocket is back and using a wider variety of pokemon now.

23: Mewtwo will have a role in the story now.

24: The pokeball accessory is completely OPTIONAL...but using it to walk with pokemon can lead to rewards.

25: pokemon can be sent back and forth between Go and Let's Go. Great way to get those Region-locked species (Tauros, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan) in Go!

26: Pokemon sent from Go will go to what is essentially a clone of Gen 4's Pal Park.

27: As we saw in the trailer, ALL pokemon follow the player once more.

28: We'll be getting Pokemon Amie again.

29: There are no restrictions to dressing up Pikachu and Eevee. Have fun with it.

30: The Eevee and Pikachu you receive in the story can not evolve. Any others you come across are fair game though.

31: We get a regular pokedex...no more of Rotom's invasive chatter.

32: A brand new pokemon is coming to Let's Go as an exclusive.

33: Let's Go's online uses its own features.

34: The 2019 game will have NO Pokemon Go integration or features.

35: Further confirmation that the exclusive pokemon is 100% new.

36: The 2019 game is confirmed to use all the features we've gotten in Gen 6 and 7.

37: FOR THIS GAME ONLY: Lvling, raising and training will be simplified. Again: Newer audience/Pokemon Go fans are the target.

38: Infinite save files, with them being tied to user accounts.

39: Save data won't be stored on the cartridge.

40: No breeding pokemon.

41: Any of the pokemon in the games (the first 151) that are large enough to carry a trainer can be ridden.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm even more excited now, Let's Go sounds really really fun! Like a nice, casual stroll through pokemon without any potential to get distracted by minmaxing.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I agree Lupis, thats one of the main reasons I am super excited for it!
Also, that new pokemon...100% new...will it be an exclusive pokemon to these games, or something that can be acquired in the mainstream games later on...Hmmmm

~~~
~~~
~~~