WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Royi: I found the biggest difference to be (aside from killing all of the little fighters that came up) attacking sections of turrets on the cap ships with missiles so that the escort ship didn't take heaps of extra damage. I hit the groups closest to the escort ship and it seemed to work.

Magli: I think that the smuggler's contacts are with the Republic as opposed to the Empire. It's a moral choice that depends on the heart of the smuggler. It's basically the Han Solo model; no matter how gruff you are, this is the cause you decide to support when push comes to shove. I think the first reason is enough to fall back on for the dark side smugglers; it all comes down to how the smuggler is affected. The smuggler's ship is lost to separatists who are against the Republic, so therefore, the smuggler allies with the Republic.

Cow: In the beginning, it's really disappointing to see that all of the race choices are humanoid, but then when you actually play, you see why BioWare sacrificed those options in favor of allowing extra customization. (Trust me, cause I thought the exact same thing you did! ;)) At least smugglers do get their Wookiee buddy early, so you're not without one for long. :) Jedi consulars get a Trandoshan hunter as their first companion, which is somewhat awkward re: Wookiees....:/ I love him otherwise, but not when discussing Wookiees.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Kalliope wrote:
Cow: In the beginning, it's really disappointing to see that all of the race choices are humanoid, but then when you actually play, you see why BioWare sacrificed those options in favor of allowing extra customization. Plus smugglers do get their Wookiee buddy early, so you're not without one for long. :) Jedi consulars get a Trandoshan hunter as their first companion, which is somewhat awkward re: Wookiees....:/ I love him otherwise, but not when discussing Wookiees.


I'd rather play as one ya know XD You could easily have customization for a wookie it's not like they are not humanoid! But you know what do I know :S
Why the hell is a jedi with a Trandoshan? Trandoshan's HATE jedis hence why they joined the Empire! Gah thats my fanboy anger used up Trandoshans.... WTF.


Oh well one can allways hope for a MMO based of the classics right?

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:32 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
Smugglers are the Republican version of the Imperial Agent, not the Bounty Hunter. The only similarity they share to a bounty hunter is that technically they're probably both more neutral style classes. I know the bounty hunters are considered Empire for this game because the Empire is giving them better pay if I recall correctly.

And Cow: The lore to Star Wars is absolutely huge and extends far beyond just the original three movies. I understand wanting to play the foreign races like Wookies, but Bioware has done an absolutely fantastic job with this game. It is beyond amazing, beautiful, and with the races they have, they did a great job. I personally like playing in the game's current settings and time frame.

And by the way, they have a reason for why they have certain companions grouped with you. Qyzen serves your jedi consular because you come and rescue him at a point in his life where he has just lost all his points with the Scorekeeper. As you boost his confidence back up, he decides that you're like a second coming of the Scorekeeper and that he wishes to protect and serve with you.

Sith Inquisitors get Khem'Val, the Dashade, because they defeat him in the tombs and it's part of his code that after he's been defeated, to serve the person who defeats him, even if they happen to be a force user.

And by the way, it says nothing that I can see about Trandoshans hating Jedi; in fact, some of them can be force-sensitive.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Smugglers are the Republican version of the Imperial Agent, not the Bounty Hunter. The only similarity they share to a bounty hunter is that technically they're probably both more neutral style classes. I know the bounty hunters are considered Empire for this game because the Empire is giving them better pay if I recall correctly.

And Cow: The lore to Star Wars is absolutely huge and extends far beyond just the original three movies. I understand wanting to play the foreign races like Wookies, but Bioware has done an absolutely fantastic job with this game. It is beyond amazing, beautiful, and with the races they have, they did a great job. I personally like playing in the game's current settings and time frame.

And by the way, they have a reason for why they have certain companions grouped with you. Qyzen serves your jedi consular because you come and rescue him at a point in his life where he has just lost all his points with the Scorekeeper. As you boost his confidence back up, he decides that you're like a second coming of the Scorekeeper and that he wishes to protect and serve with you.

Sith Inquisitors get Khem'Val, the Dashade, because they defeat him in the tombs and it's part of his code that after he's been defeated, to serve the person who defeats him, even if they happen to be a force user.

And by the way, it says nothing that I can see about Trandoshans hating Jedi; in fact, some of them can be force-sensitive.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan


When I mean "classic" I mean all the movies plus the lore after the movies IE the fall of the empire stuff. I'm a huge Staw wars fan I know theres plenty of lore there that could make a wonderfull MMO. I don't really like the TOR time frame as Sith are never that badass when theres armys of them. Trandoshans most of the time hate Jedi it's useally overlooked but it's in the lore and just becouse some are force-sensitive does not mean they LIKE jedi alot of races are force-sensitive does not mean they care for jedi.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:56 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
This game takes place at the height of the Sith Empire. >_> And like, it works. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you haven't even tried to play it or anything so it just seems like you go into threads of people liking it and stuff and just bash against the game. I don't expect everyone to like it, and that's fine, but I just feel the sort of blind hate is unneeded.

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:05 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
This game takes place at the height of the Sith Empire. >_> And like, it works. If you don't like it, that's fine. But you haven't even tried to play it or anything so it just seems like you go into threads of people liking it and stuff and just bash against the game. I don't expect everyone to like it, and that's fine, but I just feel the sort of blind hate is unneeded.


I don't like the Sith empire stuff. Like them when they have the rule of twos. I have tryed it at my mates house so it's not "blind hate" it's not even hate. Don't assume things.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
I just don't understand why you feel the need to go into every SW:TOR thread just to say how much you don't like the game. If you don't want anything to do with it, why bother to comment?

And also, almost all the Star Wars games that have been successful have predated all the movies as well as it wouldn't make for good game play to make it so that there were incredibly few jedi or sith as those are some of the main attractors to a game like this. It makes for good game play with the way they're doing it.

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
I just don't understand why you feel the need to go into every SW:TOR thread just to say how much you don't like the game. If you don't want anything to do with it, why bother to comment?

And also, almost all the Star Wars games that have been successful have predated all the movies as well as it wouldn't make for good game play to make it so that there were incredibly few jedi or sith as those are some of the main attractors to a game like this. It makes for good game play with the way they're doing it.


Um that's not true. The jedi knight games are set after the movies and are some of the most popular ones. Infact what you said is quite wrong most of the successful games have infact been set at the same time or after the movies. If you knew your lore you'd know Luke started training new jedis after the movies and so there started to get more of them and the empire started trying to make new sith via tecnology.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3688
Location: Under a Rock
Realm: Ysera
I would say the most successful Star Wars game would be the 2003 Game of the Year original KOTOR.

Its completely different time frames.

Bounty Hunters are with the SITH mainly since within the SITH organization, hiring bounty hunters to kill your enemies isn't looked down upon. Does anyone think the Jedi Council would openly employee bounty hunters to track down and kill people? Smugglers are republic mainly since they're portrayed as sort of a "Chaotic Good" in lore.

I could see though perhaps of something where Smugglers or BH's would be able to choose their faction at level 10 or something, but that would take a heck of a lot of reprogramming / etc. Frankly is unneeded.

_________________
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Royi wrote:
I would say the most successful Star Wars game would be the 2003 Game of the Year original KOTOR.



That would be a high contender for it but theres a few others. Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast is just as high up there.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 am
Posts: 3887
Location: Satellite of Love
Realm: Staghelm
Gender: Fembot
Cowmu - You're not a fan of the setting, I get it. In a setting where Sith and Jedi are commonplace, it makes them feel a little less special and, in turn, makes the setting itself a little less magical. However, recognise that there are people who do enjoy the setting and allow them to enjoy it without trying to impose your personal preference on them. I like TOR timeline just because it's separated from the clustercuss of lore that is the the movies (And the extended universe around them). It gives Bioware the freedom to tell the sort of story they want to without fear of accidentally messing up on some obscure bit of lore.
As for the issue of not being able to create a non-humanoid? Remember that the game has only just been released. Restricting the race choice to ones that could use the same skeleton for animations means they have to do less work on them, thus more time to work on other aspects of the game. There will be opportunities to have more races added into the game at another point in time and I would be very, very surprised if they don't do that.

Tyger - For someone who was complaining about people making blind statements without doing any research, you just made a very blind and quite arrogant statement. The number of games that pre-date the Star Wars moves are actually minuscule in comparison to those who either run along the movie timeline or after it, and plenty of those games are damned good. The X-wing series, Super Star Wars, Battlefront, Jedi Academy, the Jedi Knight series, Shadows of the Empire, the first of the Force Unleashed games and plenty more I'm probably forgetting about. KOTOR is perhaps the most well known to those not quite into the fandom and the most accessible (Again, because it's not tied down with the mess of lore) but it's by far not the only good game out there.

Calm down people. Opinions differ.

Ryoi: Wasn't there a mess of lore tying in the smugglers to the Republic? How they snuck their way through a Sith blockade to bring supplies to the Jedi on a planet below or some such thing?
Admittedly though, the reason why the two classes are on one side of the war or the other is tied into both a) your personal story and b) gameplay reasons. I agree with your general statement, any sort of choosing sides right now is a lot of work and really not needed.

_________________

Image


Durana, my Huntress ~ Deviant Art


Thank you Senna-Umbreon for the Asher avatar <3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Tyger already covered the backstory question. :) He's a good, loyal companion. Unfortunately, his race has some long biases against the Wookiees. I'm not sure why they don't consider Wookiees a strong race, but that's how it is.

As to why Wookiees and other non-standard races don't fit, it comes down to each class's backstory. In order to get so many variations within the storylines, the starting races need to be limited. It wouldn't make sense for certain races to be wandering around the galaxy (like Ewoks) in this time period, for example. Each class has two voice actors, a male and a female, who do all of the dialogue. A Wookiee would need to have a whole different set of dialogue choices recorded and used. Considering all of the nuances, it would get awkward. The reason that the questgivers who are speaking in their own languages come across so well is that we don't have a steady stream of their dialogue. In KOTOR, there were a few recorded phrases that got used over and over again, regardless of inflection/tone/sentence length. SWTOR streamlines that on the next level; short sentences have short sound bytes, longer ones have longer ones.

Like I said, it's something that needs to be experienced to really understand. :) It's all so terribly subtle and wonderful. :D

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:28 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 14485
Location: WoW
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)
Gender: Female playing both genders
I apologize for making an incorrect statement, I had checked with two people who know the Star Wars games very well and that's what they told me. It wasn't until afterwards that I found out that there's a bunch of games in different time frames. And I never claimed any of the games were bad, nor was I attempting to sound arrogant with it but take it how you will.

The way Bioware is handling the game *does* make for good and compelling gameplay and, as you said, doesn't tie them down as hard for expanding the story line and continuing a quality game. Which is the point I've continuously been trying to make, and is the same point you gave.

I'm not trying to be mean or arrogant. It upsets me when people hunt down threads about topics they don't like or are not interested in just to repeat the same things over and over that don't really make for a compelling argument against the game as a whole. I don't like WoW anymore and have no real desire to play it, but I'm not going to hunt down threads about it or bash people for liking it. It's still a decent game and I can accept that and let it be.

Kalli, you nailed it on the head. :)

_________________

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:
Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:00 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Kalliope wrote:
I'm not sure why they don't consider Wookiees a strong race, but that's how it is.



It's becouse Wookies are stronger than them in pure strengh and they don't like having things stronger than them. It's all in the lore. They allso get more points with their goddess for rarer types of Wookie plets.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
cowmuflage wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
I'm not sure why they don't consider Wookiees a strong race, but that's how it is.



It's becouse Wookies are stronger than them in pure strengh and they don't like having things stronger than them. It's all in the lore. They allso get more points with their goddess for rarer types of Wookie plets.


That's not exactly what Qyzen said during one of the side conversations on the ship, which is interesting. I just checked on the specifics of lore and perhaps he considered the Wookiee blockade of Dosha to be a weak sort of tactic. He has a very specific code of what he considers "strong" (and how much that differs from a typical Trandoshan, I cannot say). He looked down on the Jawas, but praised the Sand People. Both are races which have fought to survive on Tatooine, but the Jawas do it by scavenging while the Sand People fight. He respects that.

Explaining it all feels so heavy-handed; he's a complex character. He doesn't dislike anyone blindly; he just judges their strength according to his code. He likes the consular and his/her master because of their strength.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
There has been a few that don't follow typical Trandoshanness. He might be one. He's not shuned by his people right? ALot of those types do get shuned.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:38 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Hard to tell, since he hasn't spoken about home at all. The focus of unusual behavior is mostly on his friendship with the consular's master in the first place, which is a rarity on both sides. Nothing's been said thus far of what the Trandoshans make of that alliance, just the Jedi Council. Needless to say, they don't exactly approve, but they tolerate.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:44 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11640
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Kalliope wrote:
Hard to tell, since he hasn't spoken about home at all. The focus of unusual behavior is mostly on his friendship with the consular's master in the first place, which is a rarity on both sides. Nothing's been said thus far of what the Trandoshans make of that alliance, just the Jedi Council. Needless to say, they don't exactly approve, but they tolerate.


Ah okay. Yeah I don't see the jedi approveing of Trandoshan methods XD.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 am 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3688
Location: Under a Rock
Realm: Ysera
Moonlost wrote:
The number of games that pre-date the Star Wars moves are actually minuscule in comparison to those who either run along the movie timeline or after it, and plenty of those games are damned good. The X-wing series, Super Star Wars, Battlefront, Jedi Academy, the Jedi Knight series, Shadows of the Empire, the first of the Force Unleashed games and plenty more I'm probably forgetting about. KOTOR is perhaps the most well known to those not quite into the fandom and the most accessible (Again, because it's not tied down with the mess of lore) but it's by far not the only good game out there.


I remember being utterly blown away by a game called Jedi Power Battles for the Dreamcast. (found the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_ ... er_Battles ) It was great in two player to run around as Qui Gon, Obi Won or Mace Windu and kill a lot of droids. I played it countless hours in high school trying to unlock all lightsaber combos and force powers (if you had a high enough point total on a level you'd unlock things)



Quote:
Ryoi: Wasn't there a mess of lore tying in the smugglers to the Republic? How they snuck their way through a Sith blockade to bring supplies to the Jedi on a planet below or some such thing?
Admittedly though, the reason why the two classes are on one side of the war or the other is tied into both a) your personal story and b) gameplay reasons. I agree with your general statement, any sort of choosing sides right now is a lot of work and really not needed.


I think ultimately Smugglers went to the Republic because Han Solo. But in all honesty I don't frankly care about what classes are on which side and I think its a moot point. Go play the game, have fun.



Anywho, they do have Wookies in the game in another way through Shyriiwook Localization:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7bTJ7T1Co

_________________
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3688
Location: Under a Rock
Realm: Ysera
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean or arrogant. It upsets me when people hunt down threads about topics they don't like or are not interested in just to repeat the same things over and over that don't really make for a compelling argument against the game as a whole. I don't like WoW anymore and have no real desire to play it, but I'm not going to hunt down threads about it or bash people for liking it. It's still a decent game and I can accept that and let it be.


I like this post. I am even double posting to make sure you know I like this post. Nitpickers will simply always do that "nitpick" on everything they have interest in to find the faults. If you go into a game (or reviewing a game that you haven't played) and only look for the things that annoy you or tick you off, why even bother? The glass isn't half-empty, its 99% full. If I'm content with 98 or 99% of a game why should I focus in on that 1 or 2% that bothers me?

Its basically like those WOW-players who say WTG BLIZZ I'm cancelling because of how lame the Lich King was and how easy gear was to get in those heroics. Then they say WTG BLIZZ Worgen look stupid I'm cancelling for real this time. WTG Blizz firelands dailies are stupid I'm cancelling for real for real this time. WTG Blizz Deathwing fight was dumb I'm cancelling for real for real for real this time. WTG Blizz Pandas are dumb I'm cancelling for real for real for real for real this time. (yet they still never cancel their sub's, just ignorantly internet-threat that they will)



This game is great gameplay and great mechanics and its a freaking Star Wars MMO done right. Everyone isn't going to be happy about not having ___ race included, but I was pretty happy Miraluka's were in there (even though I wanted to have a Sith Miraluka) and its pretty darn neat to play as a Sith Pureblood. I'm happy with it. Sure I wanted to play a freaking Jawa. That would be boss. There wouldn't be anything more boss than to be a freaking Sith Jawa running around Force Choking everything.

I'm having a heck of a time and its a great game. If you try it out and don't like things about it, you're welcome to it. Just try it out first

_________________
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group