Skyrim

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Skyrim

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like how everyone I know is playing Skyrim and I'm still palying DaggerFall. I BE ROCKING IT OLD SKOOL.

Allso people who bitch to me about graphics are silly I mean yeah It may not be "new" but hey it's still a good game >.>
Poesje
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Poesje »

Cowmuflage, I still play Arena every now and then.

Sorry, I just read it as saying CONSOLE > PC. Apologies.
"O, si vile, si ergo, fortibus es inero! O nobile, demis trux. Vadis indem? Causem dux."
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

cowmuflage wrote: Allso people who bitch to me about graphics are silly I mean yeah It may not be "new" but hey it's still a good game >.>
Amen x infinity. I've never played Daggerfall, but I do plan to, and from what I've watched of it, it seems amazingly fun.
. . . fgdbfg now I need to go get some old age retro game. Maybe Crono Cross or... *derails self*

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

hey, I still love playing Final Fantasy 12 on my PS2. I think the graphics on that game are AMAZING.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

I'm waiting to get a TV for my room today so that I can play Skyrim. I can't wait. I've been waiting to play it for like, a week. :lol:

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

"In addition, instead of right vs wrong, there's often wrong vs wrong, for example choosing between letting an ancient tree die vs infiltrating the sanctuary of the "mother" tree to provoke it by stealing sap (and thus getting people killed)."

Just wanted to update this--although I stand by the original statement, I found that this particular quest bugged for me. Apparently, you're supposed to get an npc approach you and offer you an alternate route for reviving the tree, but in my playthrough, this never happened (BECAUSE BETHESDA).

I also wanted to add that apparently by not choosing sides in the civil war, I missed a great deal of the plot. However, it looks to me (I researched both sides online) that taking sides and progressing down the quest line forces you to betray characters that have staunchly supported you, even when your requests seemed bizarre.

Therefore, I suggest that if you're going to take sides, that you do so asap, and complete the Civil War bit before becoming attached to any npcs. See, as faction X (whichever you choose) progresses in their consumption of Skyrim, they will replace the Jarls (local kings) and ruling families with their own choices. These new npcs will supposedly behave exactly as the old ones did during other quests, though, meaning it'll be the new ones you'll get help from & make friends with, rather than getting to know the originals only to betray & replace them.

There's a very nice house I want to buy, but aside from it being bugged all to hell (the weapon racks are known to not work, and display cases can "devour" whatever you put into them), you also need to get halfway through the civil war questline to buy it. I'd rather just... not. I guess it's a good thing that the immersion is enough that I don't want to betray the npcs who've helped me out, but on the other hand, politics = depressing, and I don't like my fantasy games to be depressing :P
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Omg, whenever I'm in a cave I KEEP jumping when I see my shadow... :lol:

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Popping in to say that a patch was released today for everyone with a few fixes of varying importance:
Bethesda wrote:Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
PS3 and Xbox users may want to hold off, since it appears as if the patch broke resistances. Magic resist gear, perks and racial abilities are all but useless and disease resistance is gone too. Expect to see a ton of Werewolves who are also Vampires now. If you do play, don't expect to be killing any mages.

Oh, Bethesda, I love you, but you're making things hard. :lol:

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Odd.
I got the patch.
And now I'm getting the lag. After the patch. Not before. After.
>:U

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~