Skyrim

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Re: Skyrim

Unread post by Felidire »

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but someone commented on the Skyrim torrent that I downloaded, mentioning an "esbern fix."

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6814878 ... ce_Fix.rar
(I wouldn't consider this as pirating btw, it's just a 11MB hotfix.)

I downloaded it a day or two ago, though I haven't actually visited Riften myself at this point. Everyone else on the torrent page says that it fixed his voice and "a broken door." Dunno if that helps
Golden wrote:Another one I sadly didn't think to record, was a Cave Bear dying - but its corpse got stuck in a running animation. <.<'
I would've pissed myself laughing at that one, i'll have to watch the video tonight. xD

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Felidire, I don't know if that's exactly what I got, but I too found a fix to the bug - finally, as I find the dragon questline to be the most interesting in the game. Now if only it was longer... Have to admit I was a bit disappointed by it.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I downloaded a cracked version of Skyrim and played it a couple days. :oops: Loved the game so much I bought it. Should be delivered Tuesday!!! Woot.

First overall impression that yes the UI was tough to get used to but what was the hardest for me is the movement controls. But once I got the keys set the way I wanted it was a bit easier and quicker to pick up. Although the settings menu IS a huge hassle. Over all I love the game and cannot wait to really delve into it. This game could be my WoW killer. Haven't found one yet but it could be.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Aaaaand more glitching... This time with no spoilers! \o/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxxrRp_NuU
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Question. o/ I heard somewhere that you could get animal companions/followers. Is this true or is this through a mod? XD Or was I just not listening well? I always like having a nice little pet to tear up enemies faces.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Aleu wrote:Question. o/ I heard somewhere that you could get animal companions/followers. Is this true or is this through a mod? XD Or was I just not listening well? I always like having a nice little pet to tear up enemies faces.
Yep, you can have a human, animal (a dog), or both follow you. There are five types: Mercanaries that you hire, Housecarls who are your bodyguard if you become a Thane of a major hold, certain Guildmates who'll help you once you complete that guilds quest line-I.E the Companions quest line, Dark Brotherhood quest line, etc, a couple of people picked up during certain quests and dungeons-(just make sure they survive the encounters), certain people who you helped out and are returning the favor, and the dog companions.

Minor Spoiler in regards to getting a dog companion:

Keep your eyes open for a dog battling two wolves when your out roaming. If you kill the wolves and the dog survives the dog becomes your companion or head to Hjaalmarch and look for Meeko's Shack to get a companion.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Arwyn wrote:
Aleu wrote:Question. o/ I heard somewhere that you could get animal companions/followers. Is this true or is this through a mod? XD Or was I just not listening well? I always like having a nice little pet to tear up enemies faces.
Yep, you can have a human, animal (a dog), or both follow you. There are five types: Mercanaries that you hire, Housecarls who are your bodyguard if you become a Thane of a major hold, certain Guildmates who'll help you once you complete that guilds quest line-I.E the Companions quest line, Dark Brotherhood quest line, etc, a couple of people picked up during certain quests and dungeons-(just make sure they survive the encounters), certain people who you helped out and are returning the favor, and the dog companions.

Minor Spoiler in regards to getting a dog companion:

Keep your eyes open for a dog battling two wolves when your out roaming. If you kill the wolves and the dog survives the dog becomes your companion or head to Hjaalmarch and look for Meeko's Shack to get a companion.
They stick to Dogs like in Fallout? =P Too bad I can't tame a pet, but doggy will do... Lemme guess. All the dogs look the same? XD

{Flight Rising}

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aleu wrote:They stick to Dogs like in Fallout? =P Too bad I can't tame a pet, but doggy will do... Lemme guess. All the dogs look the same? XD
I don't know a great deal about it, but all the dogs i've seen around have looked the same. I /think/ there was a dog named Vigilance for sale just outside of Markarth, but i'm terrible at remembering stuff like that. Personally, I find the dogs mildly annoying, because I shoot dual fireballs and they have the tendency to ALWAYS jump rightbetween me and the enemy - thus getting their ass cooked and forcing me to Quick-load. (my followers never appear to get killed, unless they're yeilding on 1hp and I 'accidentally' set them on fire with splash damage.)

It's kind of annoying because I always have to look around and make sure they're alive before I quick save... and call me obsessive compulsive, but I seem to hit F5 every 10-20 seconds.
Golden wrote:Aaaaand more glitching... This time with no spoilers! \o/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxxrRp_NuU
Lmao, i'm guessing that's the "enemies on low HP are disintegrated" perk? XD

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

And another thing, besides getting Followers you can get married to an npc. Race and Gender play no factor on who you pick to be your marital partner.

Benefits of getting hitched:
-Can request spouse cook a meal for you once every 24 hours.
-Spouse can setup a shop at the house you live in.
-There's a bonus for sleeping beside your spouse.
-If they spouse was a Follower you can take them adventuring.
-If they are Trainers you can train from them at home.
-And if they're both a Follower and Trainer they can do the same 2 things posted above.

Now my poor toons are more concerned with saving the world then getting hitched so I don't know what items the spouse will sell or how many bonus points are given when snuggling up to your cuddle bunny. Maybe later when the last dragon is dispatched I'll probably go see what they sell and how many bonus points are given.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

another glitch I found accidentally. When stealing the "Frost" horse and handing it over to the guy for 1000g, I quick-saved just as we was about to jump on it's back. As he was riding off I used Unrelenting Force and knocked the guy flying, then the horse ran over to him and the two of them began kicking and punching eachother for no reason.

After that I did a quick-load in order to do things properly, and then instead of mounting the horse the guy just runs off towards a pack of wolves; so he left me the horse andpaid me the 1000g.. It's labeled as Steal but it doesn't wander off when you dismount it - It'll probably disappear on me or something, I dunno.
Arwyn wrote:-There's a bonus for sleeping beside your spouse.
There'd damn well better be! Lmao.

I just got to riften, i'll have to find where to pick that amulet up from.

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out you can't marry other khajiits...
(No gay cat relationship for me..) xP

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Felidire wrote:
Aleu wrote:They stick to Dogs like in Fallout? =P Too bad I can't tame a pet, but doggy will do... Lemme guess. All the dogs look the same? XD
I don't know a great deal about it, but all the dogs i've seen around have looked the same. I /think/ there was a dog named Vigilance for sale just outside of Markarth, but i'm terrible at remembering stuff like that. Personally, I find the dogs mildly annoying, because I shoot dual fireballs and they have the tendency to ALWAYS jump rightbetween me and the enemy - thus getting their ass cooked and forcing me to Quick-load. (my followers never appear to get killed, unless they're yeilding on 1hp and I 'accidentally' set them on fire with splash damage.)

It's kind of annoying because I always have to look around and make sure they're alive before I quick save... and call me obsessive compulsive, but I seem to hit F5 every 10-20 seconds.
I wonder if someone will make a mod similar to one I know a couple of people used in Fallout. (Where your followers just got knocked out when they ran out of HP. They'd wake up again once all the enemies in the area were dead)

I won't be able to get the game till later this week anyways so hopefully some more neat mods will come out. Can't wait to play it though.

{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have been thinking about getting this as tghe last one I've played was Daggerfalll XD.

Allso want to know what I love? People who don't know Skyrims a Elder scroll game! haha some people are thick.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aleu wrote:I wonder if someone will make a mod similar to one I know a couple of people used in Fallout. (Where your followers just got knocked out when they ran out of HP. They'd wake up again once all the enemies in the area were dead)
That's pretty much what happens, they crouch down on 1HP and become impervious to all sources of damage - bar anything that you hit them with, so if you accidentally punch them or set them on fire, they're done for.

Oh and I finally reached the summit, read the scroll, and then the follower I had with me just vanished into thin air - which kinda pissed me off. I managed to get him back with "player.palceatme 0001c195" & "setrelationshiprank player 4," but the AI seems different, and now he's running around without any clothes on. >.>;

Poesje
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Poesje »

Thats just for storyline NPCs. Regular NPCs bow down, but still die from NPC attacks.
"O, si vile, si ergo, fortibus es inero! O nobile, demis trux. Vadis indem? Causem dux."
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

zedxrgal wrote:Over all I love the game and cannot wait to really delve into it. This game could be my WoW killer. Haven't found one yet but it could be.
Not Skyrim.... SWTOR awaits..
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Royi wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:Over all I love the game and cannot wait to really delve into it. This game could be my WoW killer. Haven't found one yet but it could be.
Not Skyrim.... SWTOR awaits..
:lol:

Very possibly could be.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Felidire wrote:Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but someone commented on the Skyrim torrent that I downloaded, mentioning an "esbern fix."

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6814878 ... ce_Fix.rar
(I wouldn't consider this as pirating btw, it's just a 11MB hotfix.)
Ya, listed it back on page 2--don't bother with that. Just follow my directions on page 2 and you can have it fixed easily, you just need to have one of the old (or new) unpackers for Bethesda games! :)

And re: werewolves, someone mentioned they didn't realize there was a timer on the wolf form--yes, they're 2.5 minutes by default, not unending :( You can extend it by feeding but it's still poor, imo, compared to the Bloodmoon one.

As far as marraige, I'm holding off; I'm a Khajiit, and I'm waiting for more to become available (as I'm sure they will) before picking an npc :P

Edit--dogs: as far as I can tell, none of them are permanent as such, not like other followers. From what I can tell (and I could be wrong) the dogs tend to wander off if lost or left on "stay" or can be dismissed permanently. Mind you, these are the "stray dogs," I'm not sure about the named ones.

By the way, I found a hideous exception to my "the voice-acting is great" comment--a 'dog' named Barbas. The rest of Skyrim's inhabitants are bland, UK or American accents, very medieval and mild. THIS guy is straight New York Jewish comedian stereotype. A dog. Comes up to you and starts to talk to you like that, very very surreal :S His master--a demon prince--has a horrendous Cockney accent. I really have no idea why they picked these voices for Skyrim :lol:
Poesje
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Poesje »

Just because the player is in Skyrim doesnt mean that NPCs with no connection to it have to speak with the awful "nordic" accents.
"O, si vile, si ergo, fortibus es inero! O nobile, demis trux. Vadis indem? Causem dux."
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm aware of that, and many don't, but this accent really, really has no place in any serious RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCA8kVZv ... re=related

Go to 1:25.

8:02 or so for the Cockney fellow.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Poesje wrote:Buying a game for a console rather than a PC means that you give up the ability to install mods, better graphics, and freedom over the controls you use. Bethesda games have always needed second-hand patches in the forms of mods to work well, and Skyrim is no difference. There are already "patches" popping up, and thats not going to stop. Buying it for the xbox because of performance is a moot point.

Console vs. PC always makes for such interesting arguments!
But, but.....I wasn't trying to make an argument! I personally don't care about all those extra things, and I prefer to play in comfort. That's all I was really trying to say. That and that my XBOX version doesn't seem glitchy. Just an observation. O.o I don't really give a rat's teat whether someone plays PC or console, I do what I want because I want to and so should everyone else. :lol: And I only prefer console in this case because, like I said, I prefer comfort. That, and my computer would probably explode if I tried to play anything other than WoW or LoL on it. :D

Really, wasn't trying to start any sort of silly console vs PC debate. I couldn't care less.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.