The League of Legends Megathread

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

The League of Legends Megathread

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

ImageThe League of Legends MegathreadImage
((The Brand and Kassadin images belong to the ever-talented LupisDarkmoon))

In case you don't know what League of Legends is: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

A brief summary from myself: League of Legends is a combat-based RTS game. What does this mean? Although the game has its own lore, there is no campaign or story mode; it is strictly combat. The game is similar to DotA. Two teams start out on opposing sides of the map (except Dominion--I've no idea how Dominion works other than it looks kind of like AB) with the goal being to destroy the other team's nexus.

Website I personally use for champion builds and how to play the champions (It also includes some generic, basic game features guides): http://www.solomid.net/guides.php
There are other sites that offer sites that offer similar things; this is just the one that was suggested to me by one of my hardcore playing guildies.

Disclaimer: The purpose of this thread is to be informational and share about the game. If your only purpose is to come in here and say that this is a crap game, then please keep it to yourself. I don't want this to be a debate thread about the pros and cons of LoL, especially if someone isn't going to at least take the time to formulate a good argument about it. Non-constructive/overly off-topic posts will be reported.
However, if you've never played and are curious about the game, please feel free to ask questions! :)

I think some basic things to get us started can be:
Summoner Name:
Summoner Level:
Favorite Champion and why you like said champion:
(If you think of something else, feel free to add it.)

I'll start it off:
Summoner Name: TygerDarkstorm (Note: I don't mind if you add me, but please don't use the game like an IM chat session. I tend to be sort of anti-social and usually when I log into the game I'm there to play a round or two or I'm checking out my runes/masteries/ogling champions.)
Summoner Level: 13
Favorite Champion and why: Sivir. I know she's a bit of an underloved champ, especially before she got her much needed buff, but I got around to trying her during her free week and just absolutely fell in love with her style. I've been having trouble just clicking with a champion and having their gameplay fall into place for me and ever since discovering Sivir I've been wrecking bots' faces. XD

I really need to go to sleep atm, but later on I'll get around to posting some other, relevant information.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The League of Legends Megathread

All right, let's get some discussion topics thrown out there. :)

-First, the latest champion to make his debut, Volibear: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/cham ... nders-roar
Welcome to the Volibear Champion Spotlight, summoners! The newest champion of the league is in fact an armored bear! As a bear who wears armor, Volibear will maul his opponents while both dealing and receiving tons of damage. When in doubt about how to play as or against this fearsome creature, take a look at the Volibear Champion Spotlight!
Now, anyone who's played the game for a decent length of time knows that when a new champion debuts, they're a bit of a trap, and this guy looks like a pretty OP one. XD I look forward to this guy's free week (should be next week) just to see how OP his passive is along with Singed's throw ability.

-This week's new champ rotation! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new- ... two-week-2
Caitlyn's on there again, but in the last couple of months since I've started playing, I haven't seen any of the others. This week feels kind of meh to me, which is, ultimately, a good thing; gives me more practice to get really good with Sivir and Katarina.
I've tried Caitlyn in her previous free week and she's pretty fun, although trap placement against actual people would probably be troublesome for me. I tried Swain out as well; he's a little too mana dependent for my tastes, but the raven aspect of him is kind of neat.

-Ahri, the Nine-Tailed Fox Preview: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/mech ... tailed-fox
So far I'm a little non-plussed by her, but I've also never played Akali (which is what I've seen Ahri related to so far). However, I do like the concept for the character, even though I don't know much about the Japanese legend.

-Champion Spotlight: Cho'gath: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/cham ... error-void
Welcome to the Cho’Gath Champion Spotlight, summoners! Cho’Gath, a creature of many hats, fins, bones, or nightmares has a lot to show you. For those interested in learning a new tank, take a look at the Cho’Gath Champion Spotlight!
Well, I had no idea Cho'gath was a tank before watching this. XD I've never been against a Cho'gath player, but man, going against a fully leveled, fully fed Cho'gath bot sure can be a pain in the ass if you're not careful! :lol:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Summoner Name: LupisDarkmoon, of course.
Summoner Level: Uh, five… I think… I don't play that much.
Favorite Champion and why you like said champion: Cho'gath, Kassadin ad Ashe. Volibear looks like he'll be a lot of fun though.

I really need to play more. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would. I play about once, or twice a day (at most; I rarely play more than that). And I never do the PvP matches unless my guildmates want me to queue with them. XD

And yeah, I look forward to trying out Volibear free week next week; although they sure seem to keep making an awful lot of tanky-DPS type champions. >_>

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

New Summoner Showcase! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/summ ... joy-league

Lupis, you should submit your little pixel doodles you've made to them. :D

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The preview of the Ahri patch is out! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/ahri ... ay-changes

And if you're one of the people using dodge runes, you will be getting refunded for those runes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/dodg ... next-patch

[/center]
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Summoner Name: Arachnodite (that's pronounced arachno-dye-tee, like Aphrodite if she was a spider).
Summoner Level: 30
Favorite Champion: Zilean! What's funny is that before I tried him, I had read his abilities and such and thought he sounded really fun to play. I told my brother this, and he said he was a crap champion and his ult doesn't come in handy that much and that I'd hate him. I tried him anyway when he was free and LOVED him. He can be so naughty. I love the fact that I can take kills away from the enemy team by rezzing someone, or help them chase someone with a speed boost (or keep someone slowed). He is just a very rewarding champion to play, to me. And in my opinion, he does take some skill to use. He's not a faceroll champ like some are (or so I hear anyway), so I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something when I play him. He's been my favorite ever since the first time I tried him.

Also not far behind are Cho'Gath in his Loch Ness skin (again, a rewarding champion - there really is nothing quite like eating someone, it's strangely satisfying) and Graves (he's just.....<3). Caitlyn used to be one of my faves, until Graves came along. Now I use him almost exclusively when I want to play ranged.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

-New Free Champion Rotation: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new- ... two-week-3
Sivir and Sona are up again; and they were just up a couple of weeks ago. =/ I'm really hoping people stay away from my Sivir now that she's been buffed. XD But yay, time to play with Volibear! :lol:

-Champion Spotlight: Gangplank: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/cham ... er-scourge

-The new Ahri Patch notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/ahri-patch-notes

-Ahri, The Nine-Tailed Fox Revealed: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/ahri ... x-revealed

[/center]
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Darth Imaudra is me, I just started yesterday and I'm level 5. Really fun so far!
Um.. I really like Sivir but I've tried.. Lets see Alistar, Volibear, Ashe, Le Blanc, and I think thats it..
I want to buy Sivir or Morgana first(Morg seems cool, anyone played her?) I like the concept of Ahri but have NO idea how much she'll be when shes released tomorrow.. :(

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

She'll probably be a 6300 IP champ like the other ones have been.
I played Morgana during her free week against bots and she's pretty fun--I almost bought her over Sivir, but decided to stick with Sivir.

[/center]
Silivren

TygerDarkstorm wrote:She'll probably be a 6300 IP champ like the other ones have been.
I played Morgana during her free week against bots and she's pretty fun--I almost bought her over Sivir, but decided to stick with Sivir.
Blast that sucks, well maybe she'll be FTP so I can try her out before I buy her. I really like Morganas story and how even though she looks evil she isnt really. I just wish that the skins for them cost points just like they did instead of the points you have to buy with real cash. That was a bummer for me mainly because I like Morganas skin with the bloody angel wings. SUPER EPIC! Sivir is really fun though and she was the only champion that I lasted like half an hour and didnt die on :lol:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All new champions go F2P 2 weeks after their release.
Aye, I wish the skins could be bought with IP too, but they do have to make money to keep up the game somehow. :P Morgana's playstyle is pretty cool, she's both a support and an AP carry.

Sivir's really a lot of fun, like I mentioned in my little post about her, she's the first champion I really connected with. I tend to play my champs pretty defensively and she works pretty decently with my playstyle. I made another person nerd rage in a bots match because I knew how to last hit the other bots and wasn't tower diving and constantly getting myself killed like he was. :lol: I wasn't trying to "steal" his kills or anything, I just knew what I was doing, and if the situation called for chasing, and perhaps killing, the other champ in my lane, I did so if it was safe. I'm getting better at timing how the towers work too so I know when to tower dive to hit a champ and when to hang back. Granted, I don't play against other people.

[/center]
Silivren

I really like how it says if you play Morgana right that shes pretty much unkillable. I'll have to learn her but she looks way worth it ;)

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

I don't play that much. Summoner name Ajnarri. Level 24 or so I think. Definitely 24. I used to play mostly AP and support champions but decided to switch to jungling. My favourite champions are as follows by role

AP: Cassiopeia, Ahri and Morgana
AD: Kog'maw (The cutest champion of all time) and Graves (Love that voice)
Support: Sona and Lux
Jungle: Shyvana, Gangplank and Riven
Misc: Irelia

I don't play tanks because...I never really found a tank I liked.

I stopped playing normal games and usually just 1v1 or friends vs friends after I had a really, really bad game on Kennen. Still play occasionally, but not so much anymore.
Last edited by Lotusii on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm a little behind on the updates for this thread since I've been obsessing over SW:TOR now that it's playable for early access.

New Summoner Showcase: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/summ ... et-it-snow

Not that there was much to update it seems. :P

[/center]
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Was just coming back to see if anyone of you guys played LoL... well I guess this thread answered my question. Feel free to add me

Summoner tag: Kurogano

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I haven't been playing since SW:TOR came out. >_> Man that game is addicting.

New updates!

Sneak peek at the new champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/cham ... ine-herald

Rammus Champion Spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/cham ... armordillo

New Champ rotation: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new- ... two-week-4

[/center]
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Hey guys didn't see this posted, but apparently there is a current facebook event for Tristana. You get her and a riot skin for her if you have their facebook like, and redeem it.

http://www.facebook.com/leagueoflegends
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/facebook
Last edited by Kurenio on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks for pointing that out Kurenio as I failed to mention it. XD I know they were doing one before for Alistair if you subscribed to their youtube page.

[/center]
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Thanks for pointing that out Kurenio as I failed to mention it. XD I know they were doing one before for Alistair if you subscribed to their youtube page.
Is that still around?

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!